Help! Get out or not?

cricket

Well got myself in a right mess here, Just finding out other peoples feelings on this one, I am on a short with the Dow(March)about £2.5k down, But this route up seems to never end, Should I Eat humble pie or stay in and see if the Drop happens soon, Any coments on this matter would be gratefully received. Thanks to all

If I were you I'd stick to cricket.

Major correction on the Dow ( up to 5% ) does not appear imminent but it probably will come at some stage. It will need a good shake-out at some point - like my dog's blanket.

Depends how deep your pockets are and whether you have nuclear shock absorbers in your underpants.

I was long on FTSE two years back and ftse was falling all the time and i was hopeful this is the bottom and it never was. i lost and could not fulfil the margin call and was forced to close with heavy losses.

Dow mate im confused!

Ive lived in essex for 21 of my 22 years and have never heard of this place Nassau that u speak of-lol!

Where be it?

I know it difficult, especially if u not got much money to play with now but u gotta look at it as if the moneys lost and base ur decision as if u were starting with scratch and go with what u would do from there?

£7 per point (split like this) £2 @ 10074, £2 @ 10174, £3 @ 10264. HHHMmmmmm Time to make my mind up I think. My stop is at 10700, But thinks it will hit there.

unfortunately u traded what u felt and not what u saw..............IMHO u r better off cutting ur losses (u don't have to take my advice tho!)

You need a 350 point correction or around 3.3% ( plus any more up from here ) to get your money back then.

Not out of the question if you can afford to sit it out for a while.

Unless you've got some evidence you shouldn't have done it in the first place.If you have got some sort of system then think about options?

Simple question.

Are these losses hurting you ?

If no - sit tight

If yes - get the **** out

Cricket – the way I see it you’ve got 3 options:-

1. Cut now and put it down to experience, and hope that you can get it back quickly on good trades.

2. Open a ‘balancing’ long – this way you won’t be losing (or gaining!) any more, and when you’re SURE that a downtrend has started, close long and open more shorts (bigger ones?) which could bring you to breakeven and onto profit quite quickly.

3. Average up by opening more shorts as the price rises; which could get your money back quickly on retracement, but adding to a losing short position in a bull market is plainly dodgy – the index could rise another two hundred points before it has a serious retracement.

The market has had an incredible rise, and any disappointment in the earnings season, which is just starting, could take the index sharply down several hundred points.

It all depends on how deep your pockets are, and how strong your stomach is!

The first cut is generally the cheapest, and a tight stop-loss is your best friend in these volatile markets imho

but you know that now..... :|

Chill whats your problem with me exactly?

Id already written a similar msg to that one that i replied to so i was reiterating that-whats ur beef with me?

MCGF

Just giving you a tast of your own medicine ,i know you can take a joke . :cheesy:

This happend to someone on another site. They decided to close
after taking time to think about it. Thats was 300 points ago. Could have caused real damage. My question is why were you adding positions 100 points apart. Understandable if you a scaling in long term positions based on monthly or longer charts. But you would still need a wide stop loss which will cost money and if you are worried about losing 2.5K sounds like both the method and money management is in question. This is what I said to the other guy...hope it helps:-

Attachments

• screenshot059.gif
    screenshot059.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 540
Lol!

Thanks ill take that as some sorted of veiled compliment

Just wondered who u think i abused tho?