Help psychological problem

Thanks Bulk and Options for your feedback, you have obviously been doing this far longer than I have and overcome my problems. Hopefully the first step is to recognise what my problem is which I have and me being aware of them I can stay out of the market till my entry signal is hit.

Options

CS allows you to define new opening positions eg buy or sell if it hits a particular level. If the trade is executed then by default it also places a stop = 80% of remaining amount in account (anyone please correct me if I am wrong).

Personally I feel their default stop is at a level too far away from opening position. Could manually amend this once the trade is executed but I am not able to view the market continuously. If I was to do this however the stop has to be a minimum distance of 25 points from current quote (for the Daily Dow). Spoke to CS about this and their suggestion was that I place two new orders if wanted a closer stop eg if wanted to sell at 10700 then also place a new buy at 10725 if wanted a stop loss of 25points.