Has anybody used this Manual Trading Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys just and update on the Profx manual trading,

This past weeks has generated a 500 pip gain with a 75 pip loss = profit 425 pips.

Now that is conservative, i could of generated alot more but that was just setting TP of 100 pips a trade on the GBP/USD pair. S/L of 75 pips I only made 5 trades this week.

I am heading back to work in the Jungle of Papua New Guinea so i won't be trading everyday but still have internet there. So hope to grab a few pips..

One thing i have been really making sure all indicators are a definite go n the direction of the trade on 30M chart prior to entering trades and this has definitely eliminated my losses.

Cheers

Forexdragon

Nice work ForexDragon

Posting your results will help the folks new to this system , i have had two other traders tell me their tales of success privately but it is a good idea to let the forum know how you are using it and its results.
:clap:

I also bought this system.
So, as I understand the rules:
1. To wait 2 or 3 candles after arrow.
2. Trade only EU-USA session.
3. SL around 70 pips. Take profit=100 pips or to use pivot levels. bearmarketbull, do you use R1 (S1) as take profit level?

It's possible even to follow all trades that indivator gives in EU-USA session.Anyway, it will be quite profitable. Exit - when contrary arrow.
Am I right?

Hi

Yes i use r3, r2, r1, piv, s1, s2, & s3 which ever comes first after entry as long as 20pips or more away

thanks

So, you use take profits more than 100 pips.
If the signal comes at night, do you follow the signal in the london session next day?
What's the usual profit for gbp/usd in pips in a month?
As I see, the system is good in trend conditions. And it lose money in flat.

I trade the london session and my target is between 20pips and 100pips, it tends to hit the target or stop before the close of the usa session so i start fresh each day, profits on gbpusd are about 400pips a month for me

bearmarketbull - what GMT time do you start trading at and until when?

Also as we know news can affect the thred of the forex, so which news site do you recommend for GBP/USD?

Hi guys, the ProFX v2 version was released a few days ago and there is a 30% discount for a week. I will buy it within a few days.

shares4us: I use the FFCal indicator to signal the next important event for the pair on the chart. It is linked to the calendar of Forex Factory.

I have a question for ProFX users. Do the indicators provide their values on output so that they are visible in the DataWindow (Ctrl-D)? The reason I ask is that I wand to code the system into an EA and apply MM rules to the trading to get better results. This also makes me wonder why didn't the developers of this system make it into an EA? Making the EA is simple and and can provide us with historical feedback on the system's performance.

Last edited:
I have a question for ProFX users. Do the indicators provide their values on output so that they are visible in the DataWindow (Ctrl-D)? The reason I ask is that I wand to code the system into an EA and apply MM rules to the trading to get better results. This also makes me wonder why didn't the developers of this system make it into an EA? Making the EA is simple and and can provide us with historical feedback on the system's performance.

I see lots of values in the DataWindow. I think an EA can be written, but I do not hink it will be better than the manual system, or you have to write it rather sophisticated.
- the direction of the main H4 trend must be determined (there are not indicator for this).
- Trading before and after the news release regarding the pair must be avoided.
- Trade only in the London and US sessions when the volume is high.
- SR levels and pivot levels are better to be used (although it is not obligatory).
- If a pair is in a range, then it is better to wait until the pair break that range.
Etc.

I see lots of values in the DataWindow. I think an EA can be written, but I do not hink it will be better than the manual system, or you have to write it rather sophisticated.
- the direction of the main H4 trend must be determined (there are not indicator for this).
- Trading before and after the news release regarding the pair must be avoided.
- Trade only in the London and US sessions when the volume is high.
- SR levels and pivot levels are better to be used (although it is not obligatory).
- If a pair is in a range, then it is better to wait until the pair break that range.
Etc.

Thanks for the feedback. I managed to get hold of the indicators and written a basic EA which resembles the trades posted by the creators of profx. Some trades do reflect the ones posted on their website, but some end up in a loss because the last 2 bars of the indicators repaint. For example February 2009 came out to -310 pips (where should have been +855). I did not however check the H4 trend and have not stopped for news (have no idea when news was out in Feb 2009), and I understand that it is not a mechanical trading system. I'll add H4 trend checking and maybe a dynamic TP level calculation to grab the most of each breakout and better R/R.

Hi all!

1st post in this forum. I have been testing ProFX for some time now. Results on my blog.

Brgds/Pilotlife

results?

Hi all!

1st post in this forum. I have been testing ProFX for some time now. Results on my blog.

Brgds/Pilotlife

Hi pilotlife,
really results I not see in your blog, only a lot of links to buy every product (n)

may you can give us here a results sheet over your trades, thats will help (y)

cheers

ProFX Clone

Hello WRM,

Do you have any other information on the Isakas 2 software. I downloaded it, but there was no manual or any info to help install it / set it up.

I've done that but wondered if there was any info available to read up.

Thanks

The Stockman

Bringing this thread back on topic, I've been looking at the vendor's published results for this month and they don't make a lot of sense to me:
ProFx Performance 2009 - ForexEASystems - Forex Trading Systems

For example, he claims 100 pips, 34 pips & 100 pips on 18th, 21st & 22nd September, yet according to his own screenshots there are no confirmed signals on those days ! Also, on 17th September there were two trades according to the screenshot: one win and one loss (after hitting the stop) yet he only includes the win in his report.

Last edited:
Rjay,

To your point there are many months in results page of this product with this kind of issue. Not sure what to make out of it. Seems to me that results published are not that honest.

What do you guys think.

Thanks

Bringing this thread back on topic, I've been looking at the vendor's published results for this month and they don't make a lot of sense to me:
ProFx Performance 2009 - ForexEASystems - Forex Trading Systems

For example, he claims 100 pips, 34 pips & 100 pips on 18th, 21st & 22nd September, yet according to his own screenshots there are no confirmed signals on those days ! Also, on 17th September there were two trades according to the screenshot: one win and one loss (after hitting the stop) yet he only includes the win in his report.

Mmmm...i trade with the system from these guys already pretty long and even did not know that there exist such great thread here @ trade2win.

My trading results are close to the results what the guy from forexeasystems show on their website.

Example:
18th Sept. > Full confirmed trade closed with 100 TP.
21th Sept. > Full confirmed trade closed when the market direction changed.
22th Sept. > Full confirmed trade closed with 100 TP.

On 17th Sept. i see only one trade but as far i know they enter in any case only one trade per day.

Just my 2 cents :)

Bearmarketbull,

Do you use the ProFX support and resistance when placing stop-loss and take-profit or just pivot levels?

John

I really like this system, i've been demoing for a couple of weeks to good effect. I've also been back-testing to try and replicate the trades on the ProFX website, again, generally successfully.

However, there are some trades they show that i'm not sure obey their own rules, but I suppose it comes down to your definition of trend.

For instance, on the 30 minute chart, when the trend has been up for a couple of days and starts to turn, with ProFX indicating a new down trend, then surely the 4 hour trend cant already be down can it?

One of the rules says only to trade when in agreement with the 4 hour trade.

So my question is, what is the definition of with the four hour trend for the purposes of ProFX?

Regards

John

Status
Not open for further replies.