Has anybody used this Manual Trading Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
every sys go well in trending times, but ~75% of the time we have sideway no trending.

and then it looks like this, can we filter this?

cheers

Attachments

• cable1412.jpg
    cable1412.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 358
Yes you can filter that. It's called sticking with strong discipline and money managment. Also, don't take profits too early when the market is trending. I always set part of my position to take profit at 1:1 then let the last trade run. If you trend a long ways without a reverse signal, it will make up for all the 'losing' trades in one move.

GL

When the market is in tight range trading is basically more difficult.

Good example are the last days. GBPUSD in tight range. I closed last trading week with profits as mostly false signals are filtered out.

Anyway, losses also happen and are part from trading. Most important is that ProFx protects the account very well to avoid large draw downs during difficult trading conditions.

When the market is in tight range trading is basically more difficult.

Good example are the last days. GBPUSD in tight range. I closed last trading week with profits as mostly false signals are filtered out.

Anyway, losses also happen and are part from trading. Most important is that ProFx protects the account very well to avoid large draw downs during difficult trading conditions.

We are finally out from the range :clap: and todays trading signal from ProFx was just hitting Take Profit.

I only hope price will not fall back into the range during Asia session.

Cannot understand why any seasoned trader would only buy this manual system given how obvious the x-over strategy is, still interested if anyone has bought their EA shark and has feedback, the fully automated product results look good albeit no use to me unless it can trade 9 pairs through all sessions.......:confused:

Cannot understand why any seasoned trader would only buy this manual system given how obvious the x-over strategy is, still interested if anyone has bought their EA shark and has feedback, the fully automated product results look good albeit no use to me unless it can trade 9 pairs through all sessions.......:confused:

Personally i love the manual trading strategy from them as it fits my trading style. I am not new to trading but with also cannot say that i am already a market pro.

I also purchased the EA SHARK from. For the moment i can only say that backtest results match with the results what they post on their homepage. About forward results i cannot say anything for the moment. Run the EA only a few days.

To trade on 9 pairs during all sessions would not let me sleep. Are you not worry what can happen in cases from technical troubles blackswan?

Example: Broker server down, connection interrupted >> Wildrun >> margin call

Personally i love the manual trading strategy from them as it fits my trading style. I am not new to trading but with also cannot say that i am already a market pro.

I also purchased the EA SHARK from. For the moment i can only say that backtest results match with the results what they post on their homepage. About forward results i cannot say anything for the moment. Run the EA only a few days.

To trade on 9 pairs during all sessions would not let me sleep. Are you not worry what can happen in cases from technical troubles blackswan?

Example: Broker server down, connection interrupted >> Wildrun >> margin call

I also think that trading with forex robots is for traders who dont want to use their brain for trading.

Gabrial, how much pips did you make with ProFx this month ?

My brain can only handle a certain amount of info then it starts to leak

The same with my. :)

Thats why i like ProFx much as it is simple to use and at the same time very effective and profitable. For January i am up 530 Pips. :D

Robots are very interesting but as many i prefer manual trading.

@ Simbob

530 Pips are great for January. And there is still one week left :)

What you think about to open new thread where we can discuss ProFx trade setups and share trading ideas to optimize our profits?

There are similar ProFx threads on other (small) forums and it would be great to have such thread here on this forum.

ProFx is amazing. Only the market is slow these days what make trading a little bit difficult. Hopefully GBP will drop during the US session.

@ Gabrial: New thread where we can share trading setups would be great. :)

Yes, market was a little bit slow last week. Made only 150 Pips last week but ok.

I have a lot to do at the moment and dont know when will find time to start new thread with trading journal about ProFx. But i like the idea and it will happen soon.

May the pips with you :)

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.
Thanks a lot for all the great information about ProFX 2, exspecially thanks to bearmarketbull.....

Today my first livetrading week with the ProFX system ends very successful :D

Results:
Monday (holyday, but I traded anyway...my fault....) -167 pips
Tuesday: 98 pips
Wednesday: 67 pips
Thursday: 150 pips
Friday: 190 pips

Total about 338 pips without scalping stress etc....that was very great.
I know, that was only one week, but looking back with the system tells us, that every week can end in this way.....

Is there anybody else with results traded with this system?

Lucca

Hmmmmmmmm..........

I bought profx AGES ago [when I was a noob with no idea]. Didn't really trade it and continued on my holy grail hunt!! [Oh how much I have learned!!!]

I just came across this thread and have fired up my Profx charts again.

With the benefit of a further 12 months experience, I have to say that this looks quite good, but you have to be sensible with your targets and money management.

Anybody report back how it has been performing over the last couple of months?

Thanks,

BioBob

Update:
The results of the last two weeks are not so good as the week before (5. - 9. april, see my entry april 9th.)

week 12. - 16. april: -420pips.....:-(
week 19. - 23. april: + 25pips

Yesterday I analysed all my trades, sorted out all 'silly' trades, that I made (trades not with the rules of fxpro) and look how the results would have looked like, amazing:

week 12. - 16. april: + 322pips
week 19. - 23. april: + 300pips

Crazy, how following the rules will launch the profit rocket.....
Next week I will reach that goal and will avoid all the 'silly' trades.

Hey BioBob, and now, do you use the fxpro system ?

Lucca

Hi Lucca,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, discipline and patience are essential - but I'm sure you already know that!

And you should always bear in mind not to go for MEGA pips. 20 pips a day CONSISTENTLY is MORE than enough to make you VERY wealthy!

I have not used the ProFX strategy yet.

I am thinking of forward testing on demo this week.

Let's see if we can get this thread going, because I can't find any other meaningful threads about this strategy!

Thanks,

BioBob

Hi BioBob,

You are very right that consistent 20pips a day or 100pips a week are enough.....
I trade EURUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY, EURJPY and try to do every rule-entry.
Trading 4 pairs will spread the risk of a single pair....not always....sometimes they all run into the same direction...
Yes, we can try to get this thread going, I will post my live-results in a week again....

Bye
Lucca

Hi,

I only watch 4 pairs and was very wary due to today being Monday [the last 3 months have been pretty poor on Mondays IMHO!!].

Anyway, I took 55 pips on EURJPY - and that's me done for the day!

Hope the chart attaches OK!

[edit: price bounced back up off the daily pivot, so looks like my target was just right]

Attachments

• 26-04-10.gif
    26-04-10.gif
    81.1 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.