Has anybody used this Manual Trading Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate,

The problem is that ProFX [in its standard format as "taught" by Alex] has an appalling risk reward ratio.

Risk 70 to gain 100 - that is NOT a winning proposition. In fact, it's a recipe for disaster.

ProFX works brilliantly in trending markets - but I could show you a hundred strategies which also work well in trending markets.

Why do you think Alex has disappeared from the fxfishermen thread? Because his strategy hasn't been working for over a month now............

Lindencourt is a solid strategy - and it hasn't been changed AT ALL on the Donna Forum.

I DON'T believe it is possible to make money short/medium/long term with ProFX, but I DO believe you can with Lindencourt.

Cheers!

Hi Biobob - thanks for that input.

I will try to read more on the DF forum on Lindencourt.

As a trader who can't trade to make 10 pips a day consistently, I am interested in everything that comes along. But at first I want to fully explore each method fully before moving on.

It seriously troubles me that I can not make trading pay. I have been at this for 6 years now, since I first began with equities, and one would think that I should at least be able to protect an account and even grow it slowly.

But that is not the case so far. I am still entering Forex trades at the top of their rallies, thinking they are just breaking out, when they are really either faking a breakout, or exhausting the earlier move.

ProFx has been the closest system to making me a profitable trader I have experienced, and I do not want to discard it without fully exploring its strengths and weaknesses. For that reason I have been really grateful for your input earlier (as you gave out some very important guidelines from your own experiences), and the input from Lucca, who has taken quite a lot of time to post charts and experiences he had using ProFx in various time frames.

I am not done with ProFx yet, but if it does become a bag of sawdust, I will be happy to move on to Lindencourt. After all, if something is working, only a stubborn person would refuse to at least investigate it.

Kind regards

Ivan

I admire you Ivan, as I admired Lucca123 for sticking with the strategy. SO many retail traders jump around from strategy to strategy without giving each one a good go [I would say 3 months is required as a minimum].

I've been guilty of this myself, but I feel ProFX just doesn't have the longevity to be profitable overall.

Sorry!!

Rob

I agree Rob, at first I thought this system may have had something and probably does in a trending market as seems that momentum is the trigger, however in ranging markets may as well play Poker

Hi Biobob - thanks for that input.

I am not done with ProFx yet, but if it does become a bag of sawdust, I will be happy to move on to Lindencourt. After all, if something is working, only a stubborn person would refuse to at least investigate it.

Kind regards

Ivan

And that's what happened!

:LOL::LOL:

Hi Lucca - Yes - even my wife will not allow me the last word, so I am used to that! :)

When people get a winning strategy, or a winning system, they always, always, always, always, always, always, always, always, always (my two fingers are getting dizzy typing that) :LOL: want to change it into something else, and then wonder what happened to the winning results from the past!

It is not too far back that I was thinking of giving up trading because I could never find a method that would signal good trades. But even with a good method, I am not a good trader, so I can not claim to be a profitable trader, unfortunately.

Some of us can not trade, but we have the kind of brain that finds trades as they set themselves up. We are not dumb ... just not cut from the cloth of a trader. This is one of the hardest admissions a would-be-trader can make.

I think I must be one of them. The reason I have not given up is that I love trading, and even to trade demo, gives me some small pleasure!

Kind regards

Ivan[/QUOTE]

Hi mate

jesus if you rate yourself in that category - the rest of us may as well pack up now !!! :p

keep the faith.....we were born to do this stuff....and we owe it to those now not with us to keep trying and live the dream as they tried to.......... :party:

N

Last edited:
Hi,
after a long time not trading forex I found another possibility to grow up my account:

With automated Forextrading on Zulutrade I could grow my account really fine through well international forextraders.

Have a look at it:

http://www.zulutrade.com

It is my affiliatelink with the signalproviders that worked very well for me.

Lucca

I got this system a few years back (i think two years), works better that any of the EA's so far (I have thous too).

The only problem I ran into as with all these manual forex systems is getting up at 2:00am est to get the best trades.

I also have SaneFx, Sniper Forex, 5EMAs, Stealth and the free one OZ FX. (I'm always looking for a better mouse trap) I had them all running side by side on euro & gbp and they all trigger within one to three bars of each other (some system are using 15min, others 1 hr)

If you load the default Williams template that comes with MT4 and change the line sizes on the AC & AO to 4 you get something very close with out the arrows and alerts of course.

I use a system that has two indicators using bar charts, SMA13, and S&R .004/.09 settings and make the dots bigger. Buy above, sell below the sma13 it works well for me in any time frame for forex.

All these systems worked well as long as the market didn't start moving sideways, then all bets were off.

All the above I guess is traders choice, trading is very personal and most of it is in you head and nothing to do with the system.

BTW: Forex is hard, and takes time. Watch that leverage that's designed to kill off the newbies.

I have sanefx...but could not figure out how to get the arrows ...is there an indicator that i can use to duplicate the buy and sell arrows?

this system is not for MT4?
did yuo try to code EA?

i use IC Markets too - tell me did you try withdrawal there ? is there of with that? fast?

Last edited:
Hi, I have a few questions.
1) Can I use it on MT4 and MT5?
2) Is it based on martingale strategy?
3) On what TF can it be used?
Regards, Lapi

I just placed my order and wait to receive the download links.
Mind how you go BBB.
Bot's like the one being sold here very rarely work. Of those that do, they don't work for very long as they are tailored to historical market conditions and are unable to adapt to a dynamic market that changes over time. Expect to lose your money and, if you do, look upon it as a relatively cheap lesson learnt.

I've reported AlexanderCollins to the Mods for using T2W as a shop window to flog his software, as this is a serious breach of our Community Constitution
Tim.

BBB - Please take note of Timsk's comments.

I have removed a number of blatant advertising posts and this thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.