Has anybody used this Manual Trading Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. I'll keep my eye open for your results, anytime a trader can have R/R ratio of 1:1 or better and consistently keep it there they will be very successsful! It nice to see other traders sticking to their rules and being successful, nice job. No I don't trade profx demo or live. The thread just caught my attention.

I trade a specific 123 pattern in the GBP/USD. I show my trades in my thread " GBP/USD 123's" I just posted my equity curve!
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/81720-gbp-usd-123s-12.html

Very cool. I'll keep my eye open for your results, anytime a trader can have R/R ratio of 1:1 or better and consistently keep it there they will be very successsful! It nice to see other traders sticking to their rules and being successful, nice job. No I don't trade profx demo or live. The thread just caught my attention.

I trade a specific 123 pattern in the GBP/USD. I show my trades in my thread " GBP/USD 123's" I just posted my equity curve!
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/81720-gbp-usd-123s-12.html

Pipmaster1,

I studied a lot the 123 patterns and like the principle very much. Some time ago I traded 123 patterns too, but wasn't so successful.
But your thread is interesting and I wish you good luck in your consistency...:clap:

Here are my todays results:

M15 strategy: +208pips (2 eurusd trades, 1 eurjpy trade, 1 gbpjpy trade, 1 gbpusd trade)
Normally I don't trade the gpbusd, but today the entry was too good. I thought it could make the 100 pips, but when it began to retrace I exit manually.

M1 strategy: +26pips (only eurusd, because of the low spread)

Attachments

• gbpusd_8,6,10.jpg
    gbpusd_8,6,10.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 176
  • gbpjpy_8,6,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_8,6,10.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 184
  • eurjpy_8,6,10.jpg
    eurjpy_8,6,10.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 203
  • eurusd_8,6,10.jpg
    eurusd_8,6,10.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Another day, other results, wasn't easy, I exit two times manually too early....but anyway result is in profit:

M15 strategy:
+87pips

M1 strategy:
+25pips

Attachments

• gbpjpy_9,6,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_9,6,10.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 172
  • eurjpy_9,6,10.jpg
    eurjpy_9,6,10.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 179
  • eurusd_9,6,10.jpg
    eurusd_9,6,10.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 218
oh and thanks for posting your trades and charts , they are very helpful :0)

No problem, I will post it on....

Today was not really good, A real up and down in gbpjpy, here I was two times stopped out....

M15 strategy: -94pips

M1 strategy: - 35pips

Hoping for nicer moves in the next time....:cry:

Attachments

• eurusd_10,6,10.jpg
    eurusd_10,6,10.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 169
  • eurjpy_10,6,10.jpg
    eurjpy_10,6,10.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 155
  • gbpjpy_10,6,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_10,6,10.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 170
lucca123,
Is your trading 100% automated? Or do you use any indicators and make real time decisions? Just curious.

lucca123,
Is your trading 100% automated? Or do you use any indicators and make real time decisions? Just curious.

Hi Pipmaster1,

It is all manual trading. I observing the markets, waiting for my arrows and correct indicatorsettings, then when all is looking fine, I jump in and I never know if the trade will fail or be successful. Today it would have been better not to trade, but other weeks I could make in the same trading style more than 300pips....

Are your 123 trades working well in the last days?

Yeah thats, cool. We never know if our trades will be winners or not do we? LOL!

My 123's are doing fine, the last picture I posted was the Daily 123 trying to break the #2, even though I'm not in the market that is the formation I'm currently watching and using to base my context on. To make guess what I would like to see is price break the #2 on the Daily chart which could be a #1 point on a smaller time frame, if a smaller 123 does actually setup it may provide a 200% line around a 76.4% retrace on the Daily chart, giving a high probably entry long on the Daily 123 and the 200% on the Daily @ 1.5195 would be the profit target. Its really cool when you have to different 123's that are going in two different directions that correlate with each other...big fan of those.

So going short then going long may happen... or not. Just trade whatever the market gives me.

Attachments

• 2010-06-10_Daily_123.png
    2010-06-10_Daily_123.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 171
Todays results......(n)
Trading in that way isn't really fun, too much work for nothing........these movements don't work out with my strategy..but I will continue next week.....

M15 strategy
-43pips

M1 strategy
-20pips

Look at the gbpjpy, the last short trade was really crazy. I forgot the report but in this case I was very lucky. One big gap down and my 70pips were filled within seconds....

Weekly result not impressive:

M15 strategy:
+87pips

M1 strategy:
-4pips

I hope you had more luck. Over the weekend I will analyze all my trades and check what improvements were possible....

Attachments

• eurusd_11,6,10.jpg
    eurusd_11,6,10.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 160
  • gbpjpy_11,6,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_11,6,10.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 166
  • eurjpy_11,6,10.jpg
    eurjpy_11,6,10.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 148
This weeks chart studies (very interesting...)

I checked all four pairs in M15 and marked all entries with results that would have been possible to do this week.

Possible (hypothetical) results for

gbpusd: +250pips
gbpjpy: +550pips....(y)
eurjpy: +125pips (not so great this week)
eurusd: +215pips

Total: +1140pips!!!

Conclusion (just thinking, no recommendations!!)
Next week I will do this:

- taking every trade that is confirmed by the rules
- waiting until all indicators are confirmed
- let them run until stoploss or profit, without guessing or thinking.....

Let me know what you think about these long charts.....

Attachments

• eurusd_lang.jpg
    eurusd_lang.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 137
  • eurjpy_lang.jpg
    eurjpy_lang.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 131
  • gbpjpy_lang.jpg
    gbpjpy_lang.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 153
  • gbpusd-lang.jpg
    gbpusd-lang.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 150
In my a opinion a trader should always take every trade that is confirmed by the rules. How else can we be consistent in our results unless we are first consistent in the execution of our trades?

Consider this quote from Mark Douglas:

"Most people like to think of themselves as risk takers, but what they really want is a guaranteed outcome with some momentary suspense to make them feel as if the outcome had been in doubt. The momentary suspense adds the thrill factor necessary to keep our lives from getting too boring. When it comes right down to it, no one trades to lose, no one puts on a trade believing it is going to be a loser, and all systems will definitely have some percentage of losing trades. So it's difficult not to be tempted into trying to guess which ones are going to be losers and not participate.

Sometimes the system will give you signals to trade in ways that are completely contrary to your logic and reasoning. Sometimes the system will defy your reasoning and be right, and sometimes you will agree with the system and it will be wrong. You need to understand that technical trading systems are not designed to be outguessed. Systems aren't designed to give you isolated signals of an opportunity to be taken when it seems right. What they do is mathematically define, quantify, and categorize past relationships in collective human behavior to give you a statistically probable outcome of the future."

That quote always meant a lot to me, over the years I've tried to make that apart of my psyche and mindset. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Have a good weekend everybody.

In my a opinion a trader should always take every trade that is confirmed by the rules. How else can we be consistent in our results unless we are first consistent in the execution of our trades?

"Most people like to think of themselves as risk takers, but what they really want is a guaranteed outcome with some momentary suspense to make them feel as if the outcome had been in doubt. The momentary suspense adds the thrill factor necessary to keep our lives from getting too boring. When it comes right down to it, no one trades to lose, no one puts on a trade believing it is going to be a loser, and all systems will definitely have some percentage of losing trades. So it's difficult not to be tempted into trying to guess which ones are going to be losers and not participate.

Sometimes the system will give you signals to trade in ways that are completely contrary to your logic and reasoning. Sometimes the system will defy your reasoning and be right, and sometimes you will agree with the system and it will be wrong. You need to understand that technical trading systems are not designed to be outguessed. Systems aren't designed to give you isolated signals of an opportunity to be taken when it seems right. What they do is mathematically define, quantify, and categorize past relationships in collective human behavior to give you a statistically probable outcome of the future."

That quote always meant a lot to me, over the years I've tried to make that apart of my psyche and mindset. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Have a good weekend everybody.

Very wise and true words, thank you.

After marking all possible trades of last week I entered my real live trades into the charts and commented all.
The live trades are not well visible but when one enlarges the pictures it should be visible.
Sometimes I got them perfectly, some not because of my mistake or when I missed them not sitting at the computer....

When I see these charts, all is looking very simple, when I strictly trade the rules.....
Let's see how the next week will be....:D

Attachments

• eurjpy_lang-mit-trades.jpg
    eurjpy_lang-mit-trades.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 145
  • gbpjpy_lang-mit-trades.jpg
    gbpjpy_lang-mit-trades.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 133
  • eurusd_lang-mit-trades.jpg
    eurusd_lang-mit-trades.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 138

"When it comes right down to it, no one trades to lose, no one puts on a trade believing it is going to be a loser, and all systems will definitely have some percentage of losing trades. So it's difficult not to be tempted into trying to guess which ones are going to be losers and not participate.

You need to understand that technical trading systems are not designed to be outguessed. Systems aren't designed to give you isolated signals of an opportunity to be taken when it seems right. What they do is mathematically define, quantify, and categorize past relationships in collective human behavior to give you a statistically probable outcome of the future."

Pipmaster - I hope you don't mind my selectively quoting you and refining your quote from Mark Douglas' book. But to me, these parts are the essence of the ideas ... you have, absolutely, nailed it.

Systems are not there to string us along so that our money lasts longer before we inevitably go down the gurgler. Systems are there because they have already been refined and tweaked to the degree that they are, based on forward testing over time in many market conditions.

And the rules are there BECAUSE of the many market conditions we are likely to encounter. THAT"s why it is a system. We know that most systems can not handle ALL market conditions as they are, so a rule is introduced to accommodate the inconsistencies of the market.

When we speak of being a "disciplined trader" we usually mean having the discipline to take stops, or manage money according to the 2% rule or whatever the prevailing consensus is for sound money and trade management.

That's nice.

But what I think real discipline is, in practice, is an ability to obey unquestioningly.

As such, I would not class "myself" as disciplined. I class myself as a rebel ... someone who doesn't think the rules of the world apply to me.

1)"I" speed when I drive my car, if I think that my speeding does not put others at risk - regardless of the speed limits. Consequently, I have had the odd speeding fine over the years.

2) "I" cheat on my taxes if I think I can nudge the upper limits of claims, without always having receipts for those claims, or the full extent of the amounts claimed as deductions, hoping that I remain under the radar of the computer police who will flag me for an audit if I stray outside the bell curve for my claims.

3) "I" flirt with other women when I think it is cool, and that it is just a little harmless fun, and that I am not really hurting my wife.

4) "I" invest more than my 2% on my trades, thinking that I am a bit smarter and luckier than other traders, and that I will run my account up faster than other traders will. If I stick to the boring 2% rule, which makes my trade size hardly worth the exercise of placing the trade, I will never become financially independent.

I have placed quotation marks around "I" and "Myself" because I made up (some) of the above, while some of the above ARE true of me, but at the same time, I think all of us could substitute ourselves for some or all of the above anyway.

The real point?

The fact - or the point - is, that discipline is a way of living ... and if we can't discipline ourselves to do what is right when no one is looking, how can we expect to apply unpractised discipline to our very privately performed trades?

If we can achieve a disciplined lifestyle, then we can achieve disciplined trading more easily.

If you/I live an undisciplined life, then trading will find us out.

Thanks for bringing your thoughts, and that article/quote to my attention. I am really enjoying the exchanges between yourself and Lucca, and others, and I hope the quality of this thread continues. The honesty that I am seeing here is refreshing, and the beginning of moving forward to the prize.

Very wise and true words, thank you.

After marking all possible trades of last week I entered my real live trades into the charts and commented all.
The live trades are not well visible but when one enlarges the pictures it should be visible.
Sometimes I got them perfectly, some not because of my mistake or when I missed them not sitting at the computer....

When I see these charts, all is looking very simple, when I strictly trade the rules.....
Let's see how the next week will be....:D

Hi Lucca

As always thank you for your candid posting - I am following you.

It is nice to see that your experiments with different TF are yielding knowledge and profits. I also see that your 15M trading is yielding more pips than your 1M trading.

Why is this? Shouldn't the shorter scalping technique be yielding more pips over the same period of time?

Just a thought, and if this can not be achieved, then perhaps the shorter TF trading is more time-consuming than it is worth, unless it is being done for a bit of extra profit, or simply entertainment.

I have been trading another method, but I also trade (demo) the ProFx V2.0, which is really just as successful as V 1.0 when the rules are applied. I have both, and like 2.0 because it is more customisable, and the changes remain, and do not revert to default if you change pairs or TF.

Now, I have had great (demo) success by trading the 30M TF, but I was able to enhance my entries through checking the 15M TF before making the decision to enter. There is another way I am experimenting with to improve the success rate of my trades, and that is ALSO CHECKING THE HIGHER TF before trading.

What I am saying, is that if the 1H is also angling for the same move, then the probability of a very nice trade seems enhanced considerably. Further, it is possible that the 4H TF could yield some very good results over a week of trading, but so far I have not applied this theory to demo trading - just beginning to explore the idea.

I have said before, that the aim of using a system is first of all to get to know it, then add your own personal touches so that you "own" it, without changing its basic effectiveness. Then, once you understand it, the goal is to know when it will be small risk, and great risk, so that you can trade with confidence.

The "secret" to trading is not to get 1000 pips at $1 per pip; the secret is to get 10 pips at $100 per pip. And until we can get those 10 pips with a very high probability of success, then we need to continue to search, refine, plan and tweak.

I think the ProFx system can do better - and so do you ... that's why we are discussing it. When both of us - and in fact anyone who operates it - can know the system so well that we "know" when we will get those pips, then the struggle is over ... it's just a matter of implementing what we have discovered consistently.

I don't comment much, but I am enjoying the thread, and because I have 2 screens, I am able to easily see your long charts in cinemascope! :D

Thank you for bothering to continue with the thread. Trading takes enough time alone, but to also post your experiences to share with us, makes for a fine contribution, for which I am grateful.

I wish you continuing success for the coming weeks.

Hi Lucca

As always thank you for your candid posting - I am following you.

It is nice to see that your experiments with different TF are yielding knowledge and profits. I also see that your 15M trading is yielding more pips than your 1M trading.

Why is this? Shouldn't the shorter scalping technique be yielding more pips over the same period of time?

With the M1 method I have to be always in front of the screen, trying not to miss the next entry. The result is in that way because I couldn't stay always there...
For that reason I will stop it for the moment.
But you are right. It should be possible to get good results, but it needs a lot of time.

Just a thought, and if this can not be achieved, then perhaps the shorter TF trading is more time-consuming than it is worth, unless it is being done for a bit of extra profit, or simply entertainment.

Now, I have had great (demo) success by trading the 30M TF, but I was able to enhance my entries through checking the 15M TF before making the decision to enter. There is another way I am experimenting with to improve the success rate of my trades, and that is ALSO CHECKING THE HIGHER TF before trading.

What I am saying, is that if the 1H is also angling for the same move, then the probability of a very nice trade seems enhanced considerably. Further, it is possible that the 4H TF could yield some very good results over a week of trading, but so far I have not applied this theory to demo trading - just beginning to explore the idea.

Why don't you trade it with a small live account? It would be much more realistic...
..especially for your nerves.....:LOL:

I have said before, that the aim of using a system is first of all to get to know it, then add your own personal touches so that you "own" it, without changing its basic effectiveness. Then, once you understand it, the goal is to know when it will be small risk, and great risk, so that you can trade with confidence.

The "secret" to trading is not to get 1000 pips at $1 per pip; the secret is to get 10 pips at $100 per pip. And until we can get those 10 pips with a very high probability of success, then we need to continue to search, refine, plan and tweak.

I think the ProFx system can do better - and so do you ... that's why we are discussing it. When both of us - and in fact anyone who operates it - can know the system so well that we "know" when we will get those pips, then the struggle is over ... it's just a matter of implementing what we have discovered consistently.

yes you are right....

I don't comment much, but I am enjoying the thread, and because I have 2 screens, I am able to easily see your long charts in cinemascope! :D

Great...:cheesy:

I try to find a KISS method for me. Not looking at other timeframes, only putting the correct entries and exits to prevent me from guessing what could happen. Sometimes my presumptions are great, but sometimes market will do the opposite. For that reason trading some kind of blindly could be not bad....
I try it this week and we see the results in one week....

Good luck and thanks for your posts....:)

Ingot54,
Very well said, all of it! And you touched on the larger point that seems to be missed. Some of us try to be consistent traders, and some of us are consistent traders as a natural expression of who we are and our state of mind.

Hi all....
First day of trading as consequently my M15 strategy as I can.

Great result: -8pips....:)
Details look at the charts...

At the moment there are 3 open shorttrades, hoping that they go on south.....

When they fill my targets the todays result would be: +190pips.....but I am not sure, if they will reach it......:eek:

Update: the short trades were all stopped out, daily result: +11pips

Attachments

• gbpusd_14,6,10.jpg
    gbpusd_14,6,10.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 150
  • eurjpy_14,6,10.jpg
    eurjpy_14,6,10.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 156
  • gbpjpy_14,6,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_14,6,10.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 155
  • eurusd_14,6,10.jpg
    eurusd_14,6,10.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Second day of the week....puu, I had very very ugly stopouts in the two gbp pairs....

Anyway I traded my strategy without looking at my balance (sometimes I was in drawdown over 370pips....)

But in the evening I could catch the great upmove with 3 pairs and now the
daily result is: -200pips

After today I thought to let gbpusd away from trading, but I want to trade on this week all four pairs to see the weekly result.

Attachments

• gbpjpy_15,6,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_15,6,10.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 148
  • gbpusd_15,6,10.jpg
    gbpusd_15,6,10.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 149
  • eurjpy_15,6,10.jpg
    eurjpy_15,6,10.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 139
  • eurusd_15,6,10.jpg
    eurusd_15,6,10.jpg