Great idea for Christmas presents.

Pat494

Legendary member
Its that time again. Giving and been given presents. Some of which are not eactly what you want.
To get around this problem I have a cunning plan.
Have an agreement with the other person to both buy the present they would like and thank the other person for the pressy one really wanted. If you see what I mean.
That way you get and gave exactly what you wanted.
Brilliant or what ?
And no more head scratching trying to find a present for Aunty etc.

:clap:

Last edited:
Great idea is to go fishing for them :idea:

Ask hidden laden questions like starting off by how much fun you have had recently and then ask when the last time your target had as much and get something around that fits their story. Takes more effort but a lot more fun and engaging. Surprise and delight in faces so rewarding. When you then remind the other side of the give away story they told you it doubles in worth. It shows you listened and remembered. That's true love :love::love:

Like to add a little thought and consideration goes a very long way. :)

Last edited:
If I was buying any presents these days - which I'm not - I'd ask directly, "What do you want for Christmas?" If its under 20 quid, that's what they get. Anyone who asks for anything over 20 quid gets a 20 quid Amazon voucher.

Best to give money instead of vouchers.

I see vouchers as restriction of freedom. I'd only give Amazon vouchers if I held Amazon shares.

With due respect anyone who gives vouchers is saying I'm too important, my time is too valuable, here is something to shut you up and have done with it. Get lost.

People are too polite to say, I hear you could not be bovered. I'm not polite so there you go Mr Tomorton as much as I like you no body is perfect and we all have our flaws.

It's like buying stupid cards with greetings written on them and all the lazy freaks can do is write to so and so, love so and so. :sleep:

So you remembered a date and a name. Big deal. Pick up the phone and say it in words. It's worth more imho. Otherwise why bother killing trees and wasting earth resources???

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the festive season.
My nephew in Oslo was a bit surprised to hear he had bought me a computer programming book.

pressent is not wat the holiday is about. i just want to be with family best pressent nd thats wat i got :D :D !!!

Best to give money instead of vouchers.

I see vouchers as restriction of freedom. I'd only give Amazon vouchers if I held Amazon shares.
Filthy capitalist running dog for even thinking about Amazon shares when they ruthlessly exploit their poor downtrodden employees

With due respect anyone who gives vouchers is saying I'm too important, my time is too valuable, here is something to shut you up and have done with it. Get lost My kids give me vouchers as well as pressies so I can go and buy the books I choose and they do not think they are important people !

People are too polite to say, I hear you could not be bovered. I'm not polite so there you go Mr Tomorton as much as I like you no body is perfect and we all have our flaws.

It's like buying stupid cards with greetings written on them and all the lazy freaks can do is write to so and so, love so and so. :sleep:
Lazy freaks ! You're getting really ratty in your old age, comrade :LOL: I'll buy you a nice pressie next year, something you'd really like....a fully working model of the Lubyanka with assorted torture instruments and a how-to-do-it handbook personally signed by Vlad. Plus several reams of paper to list all the unworthy traitors to your beliefs :LOL:

So you remembered a date and a name. Big deal. Pick up the phone and say it in words. It's worth more imho. Aha ! About that you're right ! Otherwise why bother killing trees and wasting earth resources???
I always knew you were one of those tree huggers ! Try and have a Happy New Year ! :) Richard :)

Last edited:
I always knew you were one of those tree huggers ! Try and have a Happy New Year ! :) Richard :)

Do they earn the money or we talking pocket money?

If pocket money just say it's Christmas, this week your pocket money is my prezzie and have done with it.

If they earn it, then it's clear to me they are far too busy and you are not worth the trouble. Wise up dude! :idea:

I still don't get the difference between cash money and a gift voucher? Can Mr Capitalist please explain por favor... :rolleyes:

Do they earn the money or we talking pocket money?

If pocket money just say it's Christmas, this week your pocket money is my prezzie and have done with it.

If they earn it, then it's clear to me they are far too busy and you are not worth the trouble. Wise up dude! :idea:

I still don't get the difference between cash money and a gift voucher? Can Mr Capitalist please explain por favor... :rolleyes:

Pretty simple. If ya give em a voucher, a form of control, then they can't spend it on drugs and other undesirable things innit ! :LOL: