GOOG - Long or Short......?!

Well done, Naz, a beautiful trade.
I took it for $6 after market open - images on the "Trading the US......" thread.
Looks as if our exits were very close together ;-)
Richard

Well done to Mr Richard Charts…!......good to see two coaches trading in harmony....!!

A nice break from yesterday's lows and the bull flag has delivered its immediate target to $200…..

Assuming that the consolidation just above the 100ema holds, a further northerly target to fill the gap at $210 ish is suggested… :cool:

Attachments

• GOOG19.gif
    GOOG19.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 206
break up today perhaps? 8 day chart shows a reversed H&S also with neckline at 199. NYSe stocks almost always meet their H&S targets, I think Nasdaq stocks might have a few more fake breakouts since they are more heavily traded

More detail on the key consolidation mentioned above - as stated, highly suggestive of a break to the upside to fill the gap at around $210........

GOOG insiders step up to the plate.....
It was a sweet Valentine's Day for Google insiders, who collected billions in stock sales this week following the last big lockup expiration after the company's initial public offering six months ago, according to regulatory filings.Co-founder Larry Page sold a total of 260,000 shares in a series of transactions on Monday and Tuesday for more than $51 million. He also sold a total of 140,000 shares on Wednesday to bump up his proceeds for the week to $75 million.

Chief Financial Officer George Reyes sold 34,070 shares for proceeds of about $6.6 million on Monday.

Jonathan Rosenberg, vice president of product management, sold 34,020 shares worth about $6.6 million. Other sellers included general counsel David Drummond, who sold 40,100 shares, and Wayne Rosing, senior vice president of engineering, who sold 25,000 shares.

Attachments

• GOOG20.gif
    GOOG20.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Indeed, it tried to pop yesterday but didn't make it past 200, still it held up strong considering the market dropped quite a lot.

It's trading just below 200 in premarket now.

I certainly do, but I can't see it affecting GOOG's progress too much - particularly now that the Feb 14th 'unlock' day has passed without a St Valentines Massacre....!

just cleared out of goog.i think it really should be traded as an intra day rather than in the mid term.ta!

Thanks yes, it seems like expiration could increase the risk of false breaks, for over a year I have found expiration days quite boring

That said I would still take a good trade if found, I would trade a break on google today but being aware of it being expiration day

MangeMan said:
Do any of you take in consideration options expiration as it is today?

Always keep in mind expiration!! I suspect that GOOG's spectacular tight trading range of past 2 days has something to do with the expiration. Best advice is to stay away until after expiration.

Interesting GOOG article Cabrito…..the P/C ratio evidently proving fodder for the bulls..

A short lived downdraught for GOOG on broker downgrades yesterday(?!), but the lower $30 channel line has provided support again in the low $180’s and I am speculating that the $210 target to fill the gap at the channel top is still alive, with the obvious proviso that $180 lower line support holds. I suspect that we may be seeing a short term double bottom at this level as echoed on RSI/CCI……

Attachments

• GOOG21.gif
    GOOG21.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 193
Bullish speculation on hold for now with GOOG trading in a very narrow range for the last week or so, and an ominous descending triangle appearing with support plainly at $180…..

However triangles can break either way, so I’m watching for a break north through $190 resistance to trigger a long, and a break of $180 to go short…..

Will it be as simple as that….?….we’ll see…. ;)
One mans view of GOOG….
Frank Husic, chief investment officer of Husic Capital Management in San Francisco....

Husic said he bought his Google shares after its much-publicized IPO, and after reports that mutual-fund managers at financial behemoth Fidelity Investments - as well as Legg Mason stock fund guru Bill Miller --were big buyers of the stock.

With those large players snapping up shares of a growth company with a small number of outstanding shares - known in fund circles as a "thin float," Husic said he was reminded of an old stock-picker's adage: "Think thin to win."

But with tens of millions of Google shares formerly held by insiders coming on the market, he believes the stock is "trapped" in a trading range between $175 and $200 a share.

So he's taking the money he made from Google and pouring it into makers of semiconductors and chip-making equipment.

Attachments

• GOOG22.gif
    GOOG22.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
GOOG plainly on the brink, having dropped out of the $30 channel mentioned previously, but the former descending triangle resistance line is now showing signs of becoming support, and the end of January $178 ish low has not been exceeded, so maybe the hopes of the bulls for a retest of $200 are still alive…

Also RSI PD showing support for some upside.....

Attachments

• GOOG23.gif
    GOOG23.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 212
For the first time since early February, GOOG is now showing signs of strength to the upside imho….

The price dropped out of the $30 channel and below $175 but the apparent weakness was not definitive as the MM’s often do this to shake out the weak longs and suck in the premature shorts (creates a nice bit of volume…... ;) )

A break back into the $30 channel will create further strength and particularly if $190 resistance is broken…..

Net stocks like GOOG, YHOO and EBAY are attracting a lot of bullish hype ahead of results, and this could well carry GOOG north of $200, and as mentioned previously there is still a gap at $210 to fill……..

Attachments

• GOOG24.gif
    GOOG24.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Now at 223.69. Great stuff.

Where do you think we could end up TS ....should be interesting or should I say volatile as when we gapped up on 02/02/05 to all time highs we hit 216.8 and closed at 205.96

Should be fun...

TS whats your plan on Google? Are you dumping them today or holding on to them for a while?

You did really well picking them at $185, great stuff. I only bought them yesterday at around $203 JUNE...

First time I saw the chart of this stock was yesterday...they probably go to all time highs at the open. We see what happens...