GOOG - Long or Short......?!

A Capitol issue?

TheBramble said:
Rols, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Where have all the Traders gone indeed - it's just the traders trading at the moment by the looks of it.

It's all a question of Capital. :LOL:

Yes, I agree. Though strangely a lack of capitalisation yields many false prophets.

timsk said:
5. The bulls will have taken some comfort from their efforts the week before last, closing up $22 on good volume. However, there was no follow through last week. Both candle and volume are less than half the size of their respective counterparts in the penultimate week. This suggests that buying pressure may not be sustained and that a test of the $340 low is on the cards. If it is breached conclusively, a new down trend could be underway.
Tim.
The lady in the market last Saturday said I'd be impressed with my new pack of Tarot cards But, at under a tenner, I thought I'd paper trade their predictions a while before risking my wad. Stuff that, tomorrow I'm gonna raid the piggy bank . . .
:cheesy:

Attachments

• GOOG_5MIN_28.02.06.PNG
    GOOG_5MIN_28.02.06.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Just when the bears were setting GOOG up to fill the gap to $310….
Google to be added to S&P 500 Index

The decision instantly puts Google -- less than two years after going public -- on the shopping list of hundreds of mutual fund managers who run portfolios that track the components of the S&P 500

Historically, stocks added to the S&P 500 average gains of about 8.5% during the 30-day window following the announcement up to the actual inclusion, according to Bear Stearns
Maybe the gap up to $425 is in more danger of getting filled now.? – right on the 61.8% retracement level of the downmove….. ;)

Attachments

• GOOG24-03-06.gif
    GOOG24-03-06.gif
    26 KB · Views: 309
I still like GOOG for the big moves. I took over 1400 points out of it yesterday in one of my intra day accounts.

Attachments

• GOOG4.gif
    GOOG4.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 298
  • goog5.gif
    goog5.gif
    3 KB · Views: 255
Naz said:
I still like GOOG for the big moves. I took over 1400 points out of it yesterday in one of my intra day accounts.

Nice work Naz. The average volume weighted volatility of GOOG allows for alot of movement both intraday and for periods of 2-3 days. Volume Weighted Volatility: $1.8278 / 15 minutes. Source: http://www.trade-ideas.com/StockInfo/GOOG/GOOGLE_INC_CL_A.html

But it all depends on how you use the information in your trading plan. NAZ knows this and so do others like this guy we found a few days ago. All he apparently does for a living is trade GOOG - and only GOOG: http://googletrader.blogspot.com/

Its interesting, that some people just trade GOOG for a living. I trade it a lot and nearly every day but not exclusively. I met one trader recently who did though. I coached him 1-2-1 to trade it with level 2 direct access rather than hitting smart order routing and getting bad fills with his current broker. A bad fill on GOOG can cost you a lot of money especially when you trade 1000 shares as i do. You need to be able to work your order to get the best out of the smaller moves. Grab an extra 12c or so either side of the trade and it all adds up. Plus it gives you the confidence to take the trades because you can see what your doing rather than praying that the fill will be ok.

Of course if you go for the big run then that dosnt matter as much.

On a bad day i'll take about five GOOG trades get nowhere, call it a day and move on to other stocks.

Then other days i can grab a couple of decent medium moves. Here is a list of all my trades from a day this week that i did live, on a web site where i give live market commentary. OIH+104 GOOG+2 GOOG -27 GOOG+209 GOOG-42 GOOG+325...Total +572

Naz

Last edited:
Google - What is the best way to trade this beast? I am currently experimenting with EMAs with little success. Would love to hear from you guys if you trade it regularly. What does work for you

Marwan2010 said:
Google - What is the best way to trade this beast? I am currently experimenting with EMAs with little success. Would love to hear from you guys if you trade it regularly. What does work for you

The best way would be to use VWAP strategy and go by the signals

Attachments

• pic35.png
    pic35.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 316