Good prospects and undervalued (USA)

I'm going to perform a recap of calls since Baxter WITH CHARTS, which is when I started using my dynamic valuation method for quality companies.

All are 'around' calls as calling them accurately is next to impossible, this means give or take 3%.

I hope some of you will finally see that the method makes money and will change your gambling ways.

More to follow.

MAY 25, 2012, 4:44PM #74
james1989
Member Since Jun 2009
230 Posts
Re: Good prospects and undervalued (USA)
Baxter at around $50.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 195
MAY 25, 2012, 4:48PM #75
james1989
Member Since Jun 2009
231 Posts
BDX at around $70.

Attachments

• bdx.PNG
    bdx.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 142
MAY 25, 2012, 4:52PM #76
james1989
Member Since Jun 2009
232 Posts
Snn $45

Attachments

• snn.PNG
    snn.PNG
    53.7 KB · Views: 169
JUN 4, 2012, 12:25PM #77
james1989
Member Since Jun 2009
233 Posts
Starting to fall into value in a number of sectors now, I like BDX as aforementioned and GD at around $60.

Attachments

• gd.PNG
    gd.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 151
JUN 22, 2012, 7:10PM #80
james1989
Member Since Jun 2009
234 Posts
Cash America International CSH looks attractive at present valuations and I conclude that growth drivers are already present for the next few years.

Attachments

• csh.PNG
    csh.PNG
    55.3 KB · Views: 150
JUN 23, 2012, 2:40PM #81
james1989
Member Since Jun 2009
235 Posts
Procter & Gamble looks attractive under $60.

Attachments

• pg.PNG
    pg.PNG
    55.7 KB · Views: 153
I'm looking at JW.A at the current price, a fantastic company and one that I have bought in bulk.

Recap of calls as of today, JW.A at around 37, NOV 67, FMS 32, and DTV 49.

Sold RGA at 60.

I'm looking at JW.A at the current price, a fantastic company and one that I have bought in bulk.

Recap of calls as of today, JW.A at around 37, NOV 67, FMS 32, and DTV 49.

Sold RGA at 60.

JW.A moving out of value territory today, NOV and DTV remain strong buys at these prices.

EDIT --------- CHRW also constitutes a buy for me at the current price.

Last edited:
Taken positions in a few small financials, these are HARI, FSFG and SSNF, these to me are absolute value plays, they do however take time to play out.

In terms of Berkshire Hathaways holdings, I have taken a large position in LMCA, trading below book, you are buying Malone here.

Deere looks attractive at around $80, taken a position.
CBI at $57, no position.
NOV at $65, bought at $67.

Sold CHRW and General Comm. at cost due to poor industry outlook, the key here is buying in value, I was wrong about the prospects, but didn't lose money.

JW.A and DTV remain holds.

James

Last edited:
oh ok thanks, i am new to this forum, i will look at your usa ones, i have never bought usa stocks, i am with share.com is that ok do you reckon

I have not used share.com so cannot comment on them. I use Interactive Brokers, and would recommend them. They're not really for longer term investors, but the monthly inactivity fee beats costs incurred going elsewhere, that is to the US from the UK.

Since you are new, be wary of emotions, look at facts and what is knowable, and be patient.

I have not used share.com so cannot comment on them. I use Interactive Brokers, and would recommend them. They're not really for longer term investors, but the monthly inactivity fee beats costs incurred going elsewhere, that is to the US from the UK.

Since you are new, be wary of emotions, look at facts and what is knowable, and be patient.

Thanks james for your help