Goldmine!

Good Friday Morning traders,

EU had a drop (caught by the WL) then a move upward earlier today. Overhead resistance if price tries to go to U-MLH of teal fork. Not impossible by any means...just what needs to happen if it wants to go higher.

Take care,

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd may-13-11.gif
    eur-usd may-13-11.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 134
Good Morning traders,

Here are two views of EU...H1 and H4. The H1 of course will give more of a blow by blow of price action...a little closer than the H4. In a zone (from H1) as you can see...could be a war zone too.

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd-h1 may-16-11.gif
    eur-usd-h1 may-16-11.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 149
  • eur-usd-h4may-16-11.gif
    eur-usd-h4may-16-11.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 144
Price has not made any real headway going up or down. Gold box on H4 shows the ranging...struggle. Need for price to get a stronger push from either the bulls or bears to get this pair to trend again. H1 looks like the bulls got an advantage. If price goes below the blue HL, bears may push it to the red U-MLH again. If we meet bulls there, then there could be lift off. If the bulls get aggressive, then maybe they can push from here.

Trade well,

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usdh1 may-17-11.gif
    eur-usdh1 may-17-11.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 134
  • eur-usdh4 may-17-11.gif
    eur-usdh4 may-17-11.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
And yes, the bulls did manage to push price higher. At a line in the sand now...and close to a WL. Up or down from here. Per this chart view, the current candle is appearing bullish. No guarantees though...the weather could change in a matter of minutes. Just trade it as you see it when you see your tell.

All the best,

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd may-18-11.gif
    eur-usd may-18-11.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 146
Good Morning all,

Price looks like it wants to keel over as there is selling pressure/resistance areas overhead. Per H4, a little room to go higher to pick up some sellers? We'll see what price does.

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd may 19-11h4.gif
    eur-usd may 19-11h4.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 139
  • eur-usd may 19-11h1.gif
    eur-usd may 19-11h1.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 146
Good Morning Traders,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. EU continued to sell off and is bouncing at the moment. Sellers were able to push past a support level. Let's see if they can keep it going.

Good trading to all,

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd  may 23-11.gif
    eur-usd may 23-11.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 140
Hi Traders,

EU still seems to be under some selling pressure. Could get a pop, but thinking that there could be more selling to come. US news out around 10am as well. Trade what you see.

All the best,

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd  may 24-11.gif
    eur-usd may 24-11.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 151
  • eur-usd  h4 may 24-11.gif
    eur-usd h4 may 24-11.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 145
Good Morning All,

Two chart views again...

From H4, price is appearing to be setting up to go higher. Next H4 candle per my chart view: less than 30 minutes.

From H1: "Selling off" but buyers have stepped up some....support at blue HL.

If support levels give way, then the next area of support could be the likely target.

All the best,

FX4

Oops!!! Got my time zones mixed up. Next H4 candle in about 2 hours: 1pm EST. My apologies.

Attachments

• eur-usd h1 may 25-11.gif
    eur-usd h1 may 25-11.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 134
  • eur-usd h4 may 25-11.gif
    eur-usd h4 may 25-11.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Good Morning All,

Two chart views again...

From H4, price is appearing to be setting up to go higher. Next H4 candle per my chart view: less than 30 minutes.

From H1: "Selling off" but buyers have stepped up some....support at blue HL.

If support levels give way, then the next area of support could be the likely target.

All the best,

FX4

Oops!!! Got my time zones mixed up. Next H4 candle in about 2 hours: 1pm EST. My apologies.

Hi Newbies,

You are becoming a very good chartist with the Pitchfork...............I do believe that if you have a sound method then you will be successful and you are doing that.........

Way to go,
JahDave

Hi Newbies,

You are becoming a very good chartist with the Pitchfork...............I do believe that if you have a sound method then you will be successful and you are doing that.........

Way to go,
JahDave

Thanks JahDave. Really appreciate the comment. Not sure what exactly in the charting brought you to that conclusion. Maybe it was a comparison to your Wave analysis. Pitchforks are very sound and highly reliable. What I generally use here are fork basics. Much more in the way of application to this powerful tool.

My biggest challenge to trading is not the method, but having focused trading time...and then of course, staying in the zone mentally and emotionally. Goal for 2011? Chi-Ching...like a machine... over and over again

Take care,

FX4Newbies

Hello Traders,

Thought I would show EU on H1 and also with more history so you see the context of what has been happening. Red U-MLH just ahead of price action could provide an interesting tell about where price may go to next.

Trade well,

FX4Newbies

Attachments

• eur-usd h1 may 26-11.gif
    eur-usd h1 may 26-11.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 140
Good Morning traders,

Spent Friday stalking Aud-Usd...and it rolled and rolled and rolled. That is how it can be sometimes. Not a fan of Friday trading, but I have noticed that a shift in when the market moves has taken place somewhat...sometimes later in the day and week. Mondays lately are slow/rough. It must be the season to just be ready for whatever...whenever.

Anyway, I will be posting the weekly wrap ups on the blog by tonight GW.

Enjoy your weekend,

FX4

Good Morning Traders,

Hope you had a good weekend, which is still on for some as the UK and US banks are closed, so that might affect trading. I will not be posting a chart today.

I expect to post my usual chart on Eur-Usd tomorrow morning.

June 1 will mark the beginning of the anniversary month of the start of this thread. How fast time flies! I have decided at this time to focus more exclusively on my trading and sending signals, which requires more screen time. Though the actual posting of a chart does not take long, it is an emotional distraction.

That said, as of June 1, I will no longer be posting charts daily. Instead I will post charts showing trades made as my time and energies permit. I will also make available my trading results via a journal so you can view them. I plan to respond to posts made here and will continue the blog Pitchfork Goldmine, where I post on the weekend. The rest of my time will be given to focus on my other trading and personal pursuits.

I hope the posts thus far have helped some to get a better handle on trading with pitchforks, or at least allow a trader to see their potential in any trading regimen. I think there is enough information and more than enough examples in this thread to help a trader to get the very basics.

I am looking forward now to having more time and fun trading. As one successful trader has said...

Trading is Easy - We Humans make it hard - DO NOT SABOTAGE

May the Forks be with you!!! Thanks B.

Wishing you all good trading...with forks,

FX4

Last edited:
Hello again,

Eur-Usd gave a powerful move up during the Asian Session. Approaching a key resistance area. Should make for an interesting trading day and week....they usually are after long holiday weekend.

Now back to my trading world :).

Trade well.

FX4

Attachments

• eur-usd h1 may 31-11.gif
    eur-usd h1 may 31-11.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 171
Just been reading the thread - I've just discovered pitchforks - there's not that much information out there about them so reading this has been helpful - Thanks for posting. B.

Just been reading the thread - I've just discovered pitchforks - there's not that much information out there about them so reading this has been helpful - Thanks for posting. B.

Hi Bartlby,

Glad it has been helpful for you. I have also been posting on Forex Factory in the Journals Section, under a thread called Pitchfork Goldmine. There you will see more as more traders have responded with charts, questions and comments....about 1,700 posts. If I can help in any way just post here or contact me via the blog.

A very powerful tool. Hope you stick with it.

Take care,

FX4

Can you recommend stuff to read - books on pitchforks, websites - I've been looking at Tim Morge's site online. - I shall check out the forex factory thread.

Best wishes

B.