Andrews medium line studies (Pitchfork)

Atlantic Trader

Andrews median line studies (Pitchfork)

I have been researching this technique? if you will and have had a hard time getting any firm information on learning this technique or its history?

I have learned that Prof. Allan Hall ANDREWS was using it while he was at MIT, he wrote a 60 page course manual, and applied it to trading.

I think he had a student named Reinhart (Ron) JAENISH who does some work with it and there are a few short articles in Stocks and Commodities, referencing him and ANDREWS.

"Trading naked" has some info which appears to have been from the original precise but is hard to follow?

Has anyone been able to track down the original 60 page course manual?

Has your group discussed this technique at length before?

I did a search of Pitchfork and came up where it was mentioned 13 times, is this indicative as to how seriuosly it is considered ??

Any help or to launch a discussion on its merits would be greatly appreciated?

Last edited:
Atollen:

I see that qiute a few people on the forum "the Wall " use the pitchfork and a ot of their charts posted ther use it.

They are very informative on the subject and are usually willing to answer questions.

I have tracked down a few books on the subject :

-The Best Trendline Methods of Alan Andrews Patrick MIKULA

- and one by Timothy MORGE which discusses the "median line's" use and a web site which if you are not already familiar with is a good tool to help with the pitchfork

[email protected]

Atlantic trader,

i actually tracked down that book oon the web if you dont already have it....

http://www.learncurrencytrading.com/fxforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1671&d=1125816192
hope this helps...

Alex Tollen
I see that qiute a few people on the forum "the Wall " use the pitchfork and a ot of their charts posted ther use it.

They are very informative on the subject and are usually willing to answer questions.

I have tracked down a few books on the subject :

-The Best Trendline Methods of Alan Andrews Patrick MIKULA

- and one by Timothy MORGE which discusses the "median line's" use and a web site which if you are not already familiar with is a good tool to help with the pitchfork

[email protected][/QUOTE]

Andrews

Alex:

Thanks forb the info That is great, I was able to open the link I really apprecaite that. When I went to the first part of the address the web page it was found but may have changed I couldn/t get through?

Does it still exist is there other info there?

Send me a pm if it does or if there is another link?

The Andrews methods are getting more and more popular. Recently there was an article about the Babson lines in Traders World magazine. These are actually Andrews lines. Most of the material written by Andrews is hard to follow. Fortunately there are lots of good videos and some are free on youtube.
Search for Andrews Treasure or Andrews Proof or Andrews live and see what you get.