Goldmine!

Re: Ml Target Achieved?

There are trades like the one posted in this posting that I hit on a dime.
The forecast is in that proximity right now.
Yes, I am unorthodox. I do not have a conventional style of trading. Sometimes I like to find something that will take off with no pullback, just so I pat myself on the back. Every once in awhile my attitude is, "Who cares? I'm left-clicking this mouse and somewhere over the rainbow, I'm banking some profits.
I would look at my forecasts (No, I don't trade all of them. I once had 16 trades up on my platform, 15 of them won, and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Tucker wants me to have a sound mind, so he has someone to pounce with on the property.) and notice how highly accurate they are. With that being said, understand that I do not divuldge all my secrets. I kick back, throw my bread on the water, then watch the gleam in the eyes (i.e--No stops, doubling down, etc {yawn}). For me, doubling down simply guarantees more fun on my total jouney. Here's an example--my S&R's are extremely precise. Plot them on your practice chart, and you will know what I'm talking about. If something happens on the initial entry, then I wait for it to get to the next level, and enter another one. Let's say I blow it again. No problem. Just wait for it to get to the next level. The math at this point is simple. Bascically, I ride that back half way of entries 1--3, I broke even. The entries are all optimal entries, so I'm also aware that price should break the original entry.
I post my S&R's and teach some ichimoku basics on my thread, purely for the benefit of others. I don't expect anyone to develop my techniques-- just understand the basics. Whatever the risk tolerance is, the mental approach is, if you understand and I can convey the basics of the ichimoku and the usage of my S&R's, the trader will be successful.
Zeph and Hari are 2 in my thread, and I am the only reason they are on this site. They have known me for a long time, which is why they follow me so closely, even though, to a degree, I discourage it. They can, and are also too happy to vouch for my ability as a forecaster. If you do talk to them, they both lie. I don't walk on water--lol. Zeph trades my LT picks. He made 600 pips on my swissy call, and all he knows about trading is how to left-click a mouse. I had to show him how to do that--no joke! Just ask him. Hari loves my picks on gold and my S&R's. Just follow my LT picks. They are uncanny.
Bottom line, success cannot be argued with. It's even impossible (not to say you argued with my success). This is why I never ask someone what their opinion is. My system is fully developed, and I have complete confidence. On a scale of 1--100, I give my methodology a 100, my margin management a 100 (part of my secret), and my mental makeup to trading a 92, only because there are points off because of my impetuousness. I still won't hold that against me, because I haven't had a losing week since 2008, and a losing month since Oct. 2007.
Hari and Zeph are examples of why I like to get in the public venue. Don't ask me to sell you anything. It ain't happening. It is a rush being a benefit to others along the way.
Also, I hope it is never construed in asking my questions that I am "arguing" with you. I'm just asking to learn about your approach for the simple reason that I am interested. I look at it like this. I don't care if the trader is making 20 pips per week. They are a success.
"Ice in the veins"? You go to have it with my unorthodoxy. But, I love it! It's me!
I'm off for the rest of the week, but I thought I'd turn this on. I was kind of surprised I picked up a signal in no-man's land. The weather is beautiful for the first day on my getaway. I don't know if you are into music, but we were singing, "Me and you and a dog named Tucker. Travelling and a living off the land? He loves barking at all the trucks as we pass them by. He's spoiled. He's got a good life, like his owners.

"BTW, that euro trade was a perfect trade--caught the peak and exited 2 points from the low. Sometimes it happens. Oh yeah, zzzz. No big deal. It does have legs on it. I see it hitting 1.1271."

Well 4xpipcounter,

Your trading approach is on the controversial side in my opinion :). I know of several traders and money managers who would not approve of your money/risk management approach...no stops, averaging down etc. In response to your comment that no one can guarantee entries so precisely. Well somebody is, because if price is turning on a dime, then somebody's trade did it. When I trade, I may not have it on a dime, (and I am not trying to either) but I generally know which bar or candle to look for my entry, before that bar or candle begins (using a combination of the Pitchfork and my entry method).

Our trading styles are definitely different. Yours is quite unorthodox, but I like your "ice in the veins" comment...that is a good quality for a trader to have regardless of their style or method.

Keep on pressing. Hope your research comes together with something very interesting. And there is no business like the trading business...where you go to bed and wake up to $$$$.

Take care,

FX4Newbies

That was a lonnnngg post :). I honestly think we have exhausted this topic. I am glad you are curious about the Pitchfork and I am just reading up on Ichimoku. Thus far, to me my Pitchforks give me a much earlier entry. Will keep looking at it though.

Enjoy the drive, the music and Tucker. Will chat later....about other stuff :).

Take care,

There are trades like the one posted in this posting that I hit on a dime.
The forecast is in that proximity right now.
Yes, I am unorthodox. I do not have a conventional style of trading. Sometimes I like to find something that will take off with no pullback, just so I pat myself on the back. Every once in awhile my attitude is, "Who cares? I'm left-clicking this mouse and somewhere over the rainbow, I'm banking some profits.
I would look at my forecasts (No, I don't trade all of them. I once had 16 trades up on my platform, 15 of them won, and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Tucker wants me to have a sound mind, so he has someone to pounce with on the property.) and notice how highly accurate they are. With that being said, understand that I do not divuldge all my secrets. I kick back, throw my bread on the water, then watch the gleam in the eyes (i.e--No stops, doubling down, etc {yawn}). For me, doubling down simply guarantees more fun on my total jouney. Here's an example--my S&R's are extremely precise. Plot them on your practice chart, and you will know what I'm talking about. If something happens on the initial entry, then I wait for it to get to the next level, and enter another one. Let's say I blow it again. No problem. Just wait for it to get to the next level. The math at this point is simple. Bascically, I ride that back half way of entries 1--3, I broke even. The entries are all optimal entries, so I'm also aware that price should break the original entry.
I post my S&R's and teach some ichimoku basics on my thread, purely for the benefit of others. I don't expect anyone to develop my techniques-- just understand the basics. Whatever the risk tolerance is, the mental approach is, if you understand and I can convey the basics of the ichimoku and the usage of my S&R's, the trader will be successful.
Zeph and Hari are 2 in my thread, and I am the only reason they are on this site. They have known me for a long time, which is why they follow me so closely, even though, to a degree, I discourage it. They can, and are also too happy to vouch for my ability as a forecaster. If you do talk to them, they both lie. I don't walk on water--lol. Zeph trades my LT picks. He made 600 pips on my swissy call, and all he knows about trading is how to left-click a mouse. I had to show him how to do that--no joke! Just ask him. Hari loves my picks on gold and my S&R's. Just follow my LT picks. They are uncanny.
Bottom line, success cannot be argued with. It's even impossible (not to say you argued with my success). This is why I never ask someone what their opinion is. My system is fully developed, and I have complete confidence. On a scale of 1--100, I give my methodology a 100, my margin management a 100 (part of my secret), and my mental makeup to trading a 92, only because there are points off because of my impetuousness. I still won't hold that against me, because I haven't had a losing week since 2008, and a losing month since Oct. 2007.
Hari and Zeph are examples of why I like to get in the public venue. Don't ask me to sell you anything. It ain't happening. It is a rush being a benefit to others along the way.
Also, I hope it is never construed in asking my questions that I am "arguing" with you. I'm just asking to learn about your approach for the simple reason that I am interested. I look at it like this. I don't care if the trader is making 20 pips per week. They are a success.
"Ice in the veins"? You go to have it with my unorthodoxy. But, I love it! It's me!
I'm off for the rest of the week, but I thought I'd turn this on. I was kind of surprised I picked up a signal in no-man's land. The weather is beautiful for the first day on my getaway. I don't know if you are into music, but we were singing, "Me and you and a dog named Tucker. Travelling and a living off the land? He loves barking at all the trucks as we pass them by. He's spoiled. He's got a good life, like his owners.

"BTW, that euro trade was a perfect trade--caught the peak and exited 2 points from the low. Sometimes it happens. Oh yeah, zzzz. No big deal. It does have legs on it. I see it hitting 1.1271."

"Lonnnnngg" is spelled with 5 "n's" not 4. LOL
They use to butter me in our old trading room. They would want a particular forecast from me on a market I don't trade. They would ask something like, "Paul would you ask your boss if it is okay to send me a forecast on the ...." My boss, of course, is Tucker.
Another true story. I was filling out the application as a trade manager. My people were getting antsy, but the process got held up. I was talking to the adminstrator, of whom I had already developed a close working relationship with. She said the application was held up, because I filled it out with this being a sole proprietorship. I was wondering what she was talking about, and she said in working with my boss, it would be considered a partnership.
I ceacked up laughing. I told her my "boss" is Tucker. She did not believe. I was too lucky to have a picture labelled, "Me and the boss" on my profile. She cracks up laughing. After 2 months, she never caught on that the "boss" is a chihuahua.
I don't know how we ever exhaust a subject, but it's your thread, so you be the guide. But, wait! You are still "looking" at it? I thought the pitchfork was safely ensconced into your methodology.
Trading is oging to be more fun than ever, if I ever come up with something that can determine the slope. If I never use the pitchfork, that is still where the idea spun off of.

That was a lonnnngg post :). I honestly think we have exhausted this topic. I am glad you are curious about the Pitchfork and I am just reading up on Ichimoku. Thus far, to me my Pitchforks give me a much earlier entry. Will keep looking at it though.

Enjoy the drive, the music and Tucker. Will chat later....about other stuff :).

Take care,

4xpipcounter,

Let me assure you, I have no intention of including Ichimoku into my trading methodology. I am "looking" at it because I have always been curious about how it works. As I mentioned, it is miles behind my current system for entering trades. Good traders are always open to learning. So please do not intimate anything here. I believe if you went back to our earlier posts, I mentioned then that I will take a look to see what it is about and that's it. Everything about it requires lookback periods which are all lagging attributes. Not an optimum approach for me.

That's it for now.

Take care,

"Lonnnnngg" is spelled with 5 "n's" not 4. LOL
They use to butter me in our old trading room. They would want a particular forecast from me on a market I don't trade. They would ask something like, "Paul would you ask your boss if it is okay to send me a forecast on the ...." My boss, of course, is Tucker.
Another true story. I was filling out the application as a trade manager. My people were getting antsy, but the process got held up. I was talking to the adminstrator, of whom I had already developed a close working relationship with. She said the application was held up, because I filled it out with this being a sole proprietorship. I was wondering what she was talking about, and she said in working with my boss, it would be considered a partnership.
I ceacked up laughing. I told her my "boss" is Tucker. She did not believe. I was too lucky to have a picture labelled, "Me and the boss" on my profile. She cracks up laughing. After 2 months, she never caught on that the "boss" is a chihuahua.
I don't know how we ever exhaust a subject, but it's your thread, so you be the guide. But, wait! You are still "looking" at it? I thought the pitchfork was safely ensconced into your methodology.
Trading is oging to be more fun than ever, if I ever come up with something that can determine the slope. If I never use the pitchfork, that is still where the idea spun off of.

Don't worry. I wasn't intimating anything. I thought you were referring to the pitchfork, not the ichimoku cloud. I have enough common sense to know that if you only started looking at the ichimoku 2-3 weeks ago, that it is not "fully ensconced" in your methodology.
The ichimoku is not as lookback as you believe. One of these days we can go over it in another venue outside your thread in a more concise way to show how futuristic it really is. On second thought, I'm getting inspired for some new posts on my thread.
It was the ichimoku that I made the determination that the USD/CHF was going to drop to 1.0930 when it was in the 1.1700's. I told you about the drop on the EUR/USD to 1,2172. That was the ichimoku. The ichimoku says the AUD/USD is headed to .7827.

4xpipcounter,

Let me assure you, I have no intention of including Ichimoku into my trading methodology. I am "looking" at it because I have always been curious about how it works. As I mentioned, it is miles behind my current system for entering trades. Good traders are always open to learning. So please do not intimate anything here. I believe if you went back to our earlier posts, I mentioned then that I will take a look to see what it is about and that's it. Everything about it requires lookback periods which are all lagging attributes. Not an optimum approach for me.

That's it for now.

Take care,

Hello 4x,

I will continue to look into the Ichimoku as I have mentioned. Seems like there was some misunderstanding. Hope it is clear now.

Take care. Enjoy the drive.

Don't worry. I wasn't intimating anything. I thought you were referring to the pitchfork, not the ichimoku cloud. I have enough common sense to know that if you only started looking at the ichimoku 2-3 weeks ago, that it is not "fully ensconced" in your methodology.
The ichimoku is not as lookback as you believe. One of these days we can go over it in another venue outside your thread in a more concise way to show how futuristic it really is. On second thought, I'm getting inspired for some new posts on my thread.
It was the ichimoku that I made the determination that the USD/CHF was going to drop to 1.0930 when it was in the 1.1700's. I told you about the drop on the EUR/USD to 1,2172. That was the ichimoku. The ichimoku says the AUD/USD is headed to .7827.

Asian Session June 29: After Open

Hello again Traders,

Have been in meetings most of the evening. Here is my current view of the EurUsd, H1. Will be preparing for the London Session.

Take care,

Attachments

• Asian June 29 (After Open).jpg
    Asian June 29 (After Open).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Target Hit!!! London Session June 30: After Open

Good Morning Traders,

As you can see, price took off with the buy from the previous chart and just hit the ML of bigger teal fork as well as MLH of smaller fork. As this is considered a high probability target, much can change. If trying to enter a trade, wait for confirmation of your setup.

May not post again until Asian session or just before.

By the way, in case you are wondering, the targets in green are after the fact, the yellow are before. I put in the green ones so that traders can see Pitchforks at work :).

Enjoy your trading day,

Attachments

• London June 30 (After Open).jpg
    London June 30 (After Open).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Asian Session: June 30

Hello again,

Just posting to show where price is now. Will see how it positions for the next move. If it does not find support as shown in the area of the red U-MLH, then it may fall to teal L-MLH or burgundy ML. Time will tell and may give some clues by the London Session. We'll see.

Take care,

Attachments

• AsianSession June 30.jpg
    AsianSession June 30.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Chart Update: Price Trying To Find Support

Just a more recent view...

Attachments

• AsianSession June 30-2.jpg
    AsianSession June 30-2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 112
Hi Newbies,
Here is my euro 1 hour chart complete with a pitchfork I am using for a down channel. I decided to try it out after reading your thread and I think it will be very effective with my Elliott Wave charting. I'm just learning to use it so I know I will get better with some study and practice.

Good Trading,
Dave

Attachments

• EUR_06_30_2010_Hour.PNG
    EUR_06_30_2010_Hour.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 135
Elliott Wave And The Pitchfork

Thanks JahDave,

It is always good to see how trading philosophies can work together. The more confirmation the better, right? For those traders interested in the Elliott Wave Theory, I think JahDave has been studying it for at least two years. Here is the link to his thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/82900-elliott-wave-eur-usd.html

Take care,

Hi Newbies,
Here is my euro 1 hour chart complete with a pitchfork I am using for a down channel. I decided to try it out after reading your thread and I think it will be very effective with my Elliott Wave charting. I'm just learning to use it so I know I will get better with some study and practice.

Good Trading,
Dave

Last edited:
Hi Newbies,

What would you recommend if there's no pitchfork availabile in the charting software?

Thanks
Brian

Drawing The Pitchfork Using Only The Trendline Tool

Hello Bchung3000,

Not sure what software or broker you use. I don't think Oanda has it. It can be drawn with the trendline tool only. Here are the steps:

1. Select the three pivots, and number them 1,2 and 3. Make sure 2 is further in time from 1 etc. and that the pivots are alternating: a high-low-high combination or low-high-low.

2. Connect Pivot 2 and Pivot 3 with a trendline. This represents the line of force.

3. Find the middle of that line.

4. Draw a trendline from Pivot 1 through that mid-point an extend past it (the mid-point) to the right. This would give the ML.

5. From Pivots 2 and 3, draw lines parallel to the ML and voila!

You may also try using a free technical analysis software like Ninja Trader in conjunction with your trading platform: one for trading and one for analysis.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Take care,

Hi Newbies,

What would you recommend if there's no pitchfork availabile in the charting software?

Thanks
Brian

London Open July 1

Well...

Price did find support at red U-MLH and blasted off at the open for about 85 pips. Expecting as usual that the ML of thicker green fork wll be the target. See if you can spot the whales at the Support area before take off? (Not marked on chart).

Take care trading,

FX4Newbies

Attachments

• London Open July 1.jpg
    London Open July 1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 130
Target Hit!!! London Open

Did not have much further to go...it moved so fast tonight. At the ML we need to be watchful to see what the next setup will be.

Take care,

Attachments

• Target Hit!!! London Open.jpg
    Target Hit!!! London Open.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 119
Re: u r supressing any activity because u dont have any idea what to do

Well Yellowroses,

If you continue to read, you will see that the same person asked me to post the Pitchfork on a 5-min chart (which they probably trade), and later saw my trades hit target because I wait for the market to be ready to move. See Post 33 here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/95392-goldmine-5.html

What people don't realize is that everyone is different: some are scalpers (by nature) some are not; some are position traders (by nature) some are not. You must know what works best for you as a trader. It's not just about jumping in and out of the market all the time.

There is soooo much more to trading that people don't realize.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post and all the best.

yes it seems that way

Last edited:
My Reason For Caution

These charts came about because of a discussion with another trader. They located a developing Gartley sell pattern within the Pitchfork. (Gartley not shown).

Please see notes on charts.

Take care,

Attachments

• Reason For Caution.jpg
    Reason For Caution.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Reason For Caution2.jpg
    Reason For Caution2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 142
Upper Median Line Target Looks Hopeful

See chart.

Attachments