Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

I'm not bothered where it goes to be honest I'm not in it either way. If I had the cash to invest I'd be loading up though.

I'm not bothered where it goes to be honest I'm not in it either way. If I had the cash to invest I'd be loading up though.

To be honest I agree with you. 1450s was my target 3 from start of year but never expected such gusto in the drop. I reckon somewhere in the 1200s we'll see a bounce. I always think the 40s significant in gold - no idea why so I'll go with 1240.

(y)

a mere blip on an island of disorder.

I think the evidence suggests otherwise.
Gold and other commods have benefitted and behaved more like risk assets since the money printing started in earnest. Not only have the cracks appeared some time ago but are now becoming wider, which is not down to settlement but could be attributed to unsound foundations / subsidence.

Where does one draw the line between a vested interest in prices going higher and cold hard objective analysis.

1271 next level ....rare time to load full size available and ride the hog....hoink hoink

ok, we're there at 1271's and suddenly/finally the whole orchestra pit are tuning up....even tho the opera has been underway for a few hours.... :eek:

with so many voices all singing the same song it might be a good idea to take away a chair or two ....

(kitkat time to think of some more cheap ephemisms :cheesy: )

:help:

Attachments

• doable-hell-why-not.png
    doable-hell-why-not.png
    118 KB · Views: 138
Been a pretty good year for the shorts!

What most people fail to realize is that gold has been in a downtrend since 2011. It's been a choppy downtrend, until recent months, but a downtrend nonetheless. I wouldn't try to pick this bottom yet. It will likely fool most people how low it goes.

You never see any of those adverts on tv for companies buying your gold anymore, have they all gone out of business?

Anne diamond's still buying! saw her just the other day,
she was nt on any main stream channels though, discovery i think ?

will she still be buying when at $800 ?

The 38.2% of retracement of the secular bull market can be found at 1280. The weekly closure above this level is positive.

Gold Was a Horrible Investment from 1500 to 1965

That sound you hear is the gold bubble popping again

Matthew O'BrienJun 24 2013, 7:53 PM ET

link Gold Was a Horrible Investment from 1500 to 1965 - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

Someone mentioned cost of extraction around $400 + some mark-up say 30% + cost of holding the stuff.

So true cost of gold compared to speculative value is quite somefink???

Who really knows the true value of gold? Let's ask the pharaohs??? :cheesy:

Last edited:
The year is only half over, but so far...Ouch.

Hmmm I may have got it wrong. Just saw a BBG article about South Africa's cost of extraction being around the $900 mark and miner strikes/deaths last year. However, their mines are much deeper than other producers so difficult to say but let's call it $700.

With the uncertainty speculation premium removed and better returns else where, it's likely to fall some what more I reckon.

It's a little like sinking in the big wide ocean and wondering how much further the floor is? :eek: