Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

low timeframes look like orthodox buying in southern session

Attachments

• gold 210513.gif
    gold 210513.gif
    34.4 KB · Views: 165
there's a truism (or a truth) that within a trend, all the news that fits appears at the right time

it's the same reason that news up-spikes in a downtrend become great opportunities to exit longs or add to shorts and vice versa in an uptrend

people who do not regularly interact with price tend to disregard this.....

news is borne of the trend

(if ya gonna yadda yadda make it sound convincing...lulz) :D

busy busy

programme buys yesterday, discretionary sells today

Attachments

• gold 210513 ii.gif
    gold 210513 ii.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 167
On the gold, we have volatility levels at 3 months similar to those at 3 months touched on the bottom of 2008 and on the top of 2011. Primary low in formation?

On the gold, we have volatility levels at 3 months similar to those at 3 months touched on the bottom of 2008 and on the top of 2011. Primary low in formation?

volatility? ....thankyou, Ben :D

Primary low? we'll know in hindsight.....

This is confirmed by the fact that gold does not lose anything .... already discounted in the price of the QE. Buy gold.

When I looked at the chart and saw the 2011 top and then when I looked at the more recent prices my first thought was wow, that hasn't lost anything

When I looked at the chart and saw the 2011 top and then when I looked at the more recent prices my first thought was wow, that hasn't lost anything
but.but.but ...are you implying something....

Stansfield said:
"I like these calm little moments before the storm, ...

Attachments

• gazza.jpg
    gazza.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 196
Risk of vicious circle for gold as hedging returns
The curse of hedging that blighted gold in the 1990s is making a comeback, and threatens to loom over the market like Banquo's ghost.

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
7:09PM BST 21 May 2013
London-listed gold producer Petropavlovsk has said it will pre-sell 55pc of its future output planned for the second quarter of
2014, at an average price of $1,408 an ounce. This is the first time that a big producer has hedged more than half its future sales.

“We have a huge investment programme and thought a little price protection in the short-term will let us sleep
better at night,” said chairman Peter Hambro.

Tyler Broda from Nomura said this may signal the return of “structural hedging” across the industry, with other companies
scrambling to lock in forward contracts. “This could increase the pressure on the spot gold price over the coming years,”
he said. The risk is a vicious circle as hedging leads to lower prices, leading to more hedging.

The process pushed gold down to $252 an ounce in 2009,
though there were many other forces at work,
including sales by the Bank of England and other Western central banks.

“It was hedging that killed gold prices the 1990s,”
said Ross Norman from Sharps Pixley. “Every time there was rally, the producers seized on the chance to sell forward. It was most unhelpful.”

too many bears?

Gold Traders Most Bullish in a Month After Bernanke: Commodities
By Nicholas Larkin - May 25, 2013 12:18 AM GMT+1000
excerpts
Larkin said:
Twelve analysts surveyed by Bloomberg expect prices to
rise next week, with nine bearish and eight neutral, the
highest proportion of bulls since April 26. Prices rose 58 percent since
2008 as the Fed led central banks in debt purchases.
Bullion is poised for its first weekly gain in three and trading and
investment company Degussa Goldhandel GmbH said demand this month will be double the first-quarter average.

Gold Traders Most Bullish in a Month After Bernanke: Commodities - Bloomberg

XAUUSD, double low in formation or simply wave 4 of a bear market just started?

20-days moving average still to be overcome. Only from here we could have a bullish signal with target between 1.500 and 1.600