Gold 2013 ......a lack lustre year?

:eek: Oh lordy...doesn't bear thinking about !

lol, CV ....never shy of a pun :cheesy:

BKNvKNRCMAAGObt.gif

this is a few sessions old, still valid....i'm looking for that low-side but the boat is sagging heavily and prone to a squeezy puke and the Commercials are almost as loaded as they were at the low of equities in march 2009....but this isnt march 2009 and the money managers have not joined the short side of the trend, although theyve recently gone from 3:1 long to just 1.5:1 long based on this weeks cot release.....one more ping, captain ramius!

in addtion

Walter Murphy:

Walter Murphy said:
The rally of recent days has carried the dollar index to within one tick of last July’s high,
but momentum suggests that the rally from the
early May low will prove to be a second upleg from the early May low.
If so, then last July’s 84.10 peak is likely to be violated.
If that happens, the July 2012 high will be better counted as a minor A-wave within a still
developing intermediate (B)-wave from the May 2011 low.

This scenario suggests that the dollar index could carry above 86 in the weeks ahead.
In turn, this would suggest continued pressures on the commodity complex.

Prior resistance in the 83.50-83.25 range should provide important initial first support.

US Dollar Index
Windows-Live-Writer-Higher-Dollar-Highs_4FB7-clip_image002_2.jpg

lol, CV ....never shy of a pun :cheesy:

BKNvKNRCMAAGObt.gif

this is a few sessions old, still valid....i'm looking for that low-side but the boat is sagging heavily and prone to a squeezy puke and the Commercials are almost as loaded as they were at the low of equities in march 2009....but this isnt march 2009 and the money managers have not joined the short side of the trend, although theyve recently gone from 3:1 long to just 1.5:1 long based on this weeks cot release.....one more ping, captain ramius!

re your chart.......the down slopy line below price is bit weird....the only relevance i can see is its parallel with the other 2 lines above. does that mean smthg? is that your defn of a down trend? .....unless i am missing smthg.

isn't the support level early 2011 @ circa 1310 'relatively' significant?

g/l trading.

re your chart.......the down slopy line below price is bit weird....the only relevance i can see is its parallel with the other 2 lines above. does that mean smthg? is that your defn of a down trend? .....unless i am missing smthg.

isn't the support level early 2011 @ circa 1310 'relatively' significant?

g/l trading.

thanks, mate.

the lines merely are a there-abouts, looking for price length, it's common for
the 100% move when breaking signif support especially if you look back and see where a high volume area sits....
the sloping is apparent because price forces....spot price adheres to ratios extremely well in all phases although the further out the swing
(and time) the higher probability of any measure being purely coincidental.....even so, gotta have a plan

given this weeks attempts in the lower time frames to either cause a
buying rush or retailers attempting to pick the bottom there's ample enough reason to think the follow-thru is on....

the real focus is on the commercials versus money managers
and the extremes theyre getting to.......if there's a cross-over in that then the likelihood that money managers have switched, not just closing longs, but, following the trend and opening shorts, lifts considerably......suddenly 600's wont seem so absurd.....

:eek:nline2lo

1450 was a target for quite some time. The fact that it was severly breached leads me to think it will once again become a target for those in despair at current prices.

I don't believe anyone knows what the price of gold should be or is right now. I now hold the view that gold will alternate between 1200s and 1600s for some time with 1450s as some random line drawn in the sand.

The long term relationship with gold and silver should throw up some clues - that is assuming it is still holding on to that relationship. ;)

Addenda: Russians are diverting some of their pacific naval fleet to patrol waters near its naval base in Syria. Also, continue to send advanced anit-ship missiles. Nothing like a bit of geo-tension to get gold jingling again :cheesy:

Last edited:
It could also have something to do with the fact that the Federal Reserve has been loaning out the same piece of gold bullion 13 times over and some EU countries such as Germany for instance has asked for the return of 7 tonnes but been told they will have to wait a while, the problem being that the federal reserve can't account for 4500 tonnes which means it has to buy gold back at a much higher price than it would wish, so now a campaign has started to drive the price down by trying to convince people that gold is not wanted!
Go to Utube and have a look at "Why Did Silver & Gold Collapse? Mike Maloney and Chris Martenson"
Once again America is manipulating the system!

Ongoing capitulation on gold, a real trap for bears prepared by the Fed. But do you really think they are going to raise interest rates?

Ongoing capitulation on gold, a real trap for bears prepared by the Fed. But do you really think they are going to raise interest rates?

Doubt it.

Have to stop QE first. Shock horror! :eek: :-0 :eek:

And why would the fed manipulate the price down when they hold 8000 tonnes of the damn stuff?

And why would the fed manipulate the price down when they hold 8000 tonnes of the damn stuff?

I always wondered WHY the Daleks would think to invade earth when they couldn't climb stairs. :eek:

They probably could, eventually get to eliminate all the disabled people but humanity would still have its legs :cheesy:

The FED allegedly does nt hold any Gold

and the fact that under the Clinton regime there were 750,000 Fake Gold bars created and then a budget surplus of 7 Trillion under the same regime, would point to the fact they did sell it all and is not just a rumour

also Ben benake has stated in the past, if the FED was to be audited it would cause a stock market crash

so JPM / GS and their boss the FED or is it the other way round, cant tell anymore
but all have only to gain by selling off the Gold - and sure they will be the 1st to rebuy

Golds been in a downtrend for two yrs - it reached its original target and more on the way up
same for the way down - nothing more, the rest is just noise

The FED allegedly does nt hold any Gold

and the fact that under the Clinton regime there were 750,000 Fake Gold bars created and then a budget surplus of 7 Trillion under the same regime, would point to the fact they did sell it all and is not just a rumour

also Ben benake has stated in the past, if the FED was to be audited it would cause a stock market crash

so JPM / GS and their boss the FED or is it the other way round, cant tell anymore
but all have only to gain by selling off the Gold - and sure they will be the 1st to rebuy

Golds been in a downtrend for two yrs - it reached its original target and more on the way up
same for the way down - nothing more, the rest is just noise

Well, I 'spose I believe anything from Governments but downright fraud on such a massive scale stretches beyond belief. I reckon their 8000 tonnes is real enough give or take an ounce or two.

Attachments

• gold.png
    gold.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 174
my mistake it was only 640,000 fake Gold Bars
still worth at yesterdays prices 34790400000000000
(possibly, although my maths is nt so good)

Gold Bars in Fort Knox Are Fake!
Fake Gold Bars Tungsten - Max Keiser on facebook

theres other info on the net somewhere and think zero hedge did a piece on it

don't believe everything you read on the internet :)
but the US have to be the least trust worthy of any western government

Agree but would qualify that power tends to corrupt and would apply that to just about all super power crazed governments, companies and persons.

Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower: Amazon.co.uk: William Blum: Books

Germany has requested the repatriation of its gold deposited in the United States. The American response was "It will take seven years to repatriate it...". I doubt that the Fed has that gold available now and, in order to buy it back and return it to Germany, they need a much lower price.

next year i'll start a thread named
Gold 2014 the rebound year - a thread for people who trade

with that subtle hint in mind

when is a transaction suspicious or perfectly normal? when you say so....not withstanding that all the evidence of price travelling is usually within the price itself some people simply have to input stuff that isnt there....we didnt get the gap-down in gold today but silver delivered nicely (for somebody ..)

occurs to me the louder the throng of it's-a-conspiracy-illuminati-party the more likely we'll see further downside until the price is so decimated people no longer want to even talk about it.....

and now the press corp (the usual ones not the wannabe ones) are getting into the swing :

BARRON’S: There Was Some Gigantic, Suspicious Sales Of Gold On Friday That Caused The Price To Plunge
Joe Weisenthal Today 12:34 AM

excerpt
These improbable moves have made gold bugs suspicious, which isn’t unusual. Folks who own gold do so because they don’t trust the status quo, especially when it comes to government-issued paper money. But just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean somebody isn’t out to get you. They point to bursts of selling on Friday, April 12, which resulted in prices plunging by more than 5%, and to dumping that resumed the following Monday in Asia, early in the day when markets are illiquid. That culminated in a 9% collapse by the time the New York......
BARRON’S: There Was Some Gigantic, Suspicious Sales Of Gold On Friday That Caused The Price To Plunge | Business Insider Australia

:sleep:

Max Keiser is more of a sensationalist to make a story, not based on any known facts usually.

Might make a few extra bucks on the gold today

Attachments

• Gold.PNG
    Gold.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 149
well done those who bought gap-down open in silver

as for the rest of us...... :cheesy:

(jeez, wot are the conspiracy-illuminati-party upto?)

Attachments

• gold buys.gif
    gold buys.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 138
Gold And Silver Inverse Baumgartner'd | Zero Hedge

Durden said:
While the mainstream media will
likely be loathed to mention it, gold and silver are surging higher. Gold has retested $1400 and Silver $23 on no news...
so it seems the demand for 'cheaper' precious
metals was enough to warrant a 4.6% rally off
overnight lows in gold and 12.5% in silver amid heavy volume in futures markets...

Attachments

• 20130520_gold_0.jpg
    20130520_gold_0.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 163