Gni

Splurge

88 3
This post is directed at anyone using or maybe thinking to use GNI.

I have been considering opening an account with GNI for trading cfds. I have been romanced by the abilities of their trading platform and the games you can play when placing trades in the UK Stock Market. It sounds a very tempting jump to make......

However the wheel falls off my wagon when I am informed of their commission charges. The bottom line it seems to me is as its a percentage they end up making more money on your trade than you do. I do not want to post the rates I was offered especially as they were willing to cut them drastically when I detailed how many trades I place a day, but would rather hear from those people who use GNI and why they use them.

I have a Direct Access acount for trading the Nasdaq and am looking at around $30 for a round trip trade. Why would anyone consider using GNI with charges that are based as a percentage of the position you take. E.G their basic charge for a 1000 shares on rbos @14.99 would be £37 to open and £37 to close. 2000 shares would be £74 to open and £74 to close. Am I missing something???!!??

I really like the idea of their platform and the way it seems to work, but at these charges they can whistle.........

Splurge

88 3
Cybertrader - not the best by no means as their charges are still higher than some others. I am looking for a suitable alternative - IB maybe but the fact remains there is no equivalent to this in the UK except GNI which comes close but their commission is ridiculous

ed crane

71 0
i've used gni for a couple of years now. their trading platform is very good and they have just introduced an upgrade which should make it even better.

i agree about commisions but i would guess that their angle is that if you are buying on the bid and selling on the offer then they can afford to charge more - a percentage comm rate has always been the norm in the uk against cents per share in the US.

having said that if you think a share is going up the chances of buying on the bid and selling on the offer are slim. against that as far as i know gni is the only direct access platform available for UK stocks. there is no bias obviously and spreads very often are very narrow.

weighing everything up, i think they are worth continuing with. by the way they are also reducing their monthly charge for level 2 access from £100 to £50 from october

HTH

ed crane

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,367 1,185
>Splurge, tnx for replying - I'm thinking of switching to them and wondered if you were happy, apart from the fees

boy

Established member
552 3
I would appreciate any link for ftse and dax future direct access brokers,I am aware of easy2trade and IB Brokers, the latter having a commision of only £1.70 per side.

Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock