GNI & costs

Morris

299 2
I trade CFDs with CMC, large cap stocks, banks mainly.

Anyway, I was interested in the GNI trading platform. With this in mind, this morning I was playing with the demo account, trading RBS & HSBA.

In my opinion, the platform is pretty good - having access to the SETS book is a definite advantage over CMC, but the one big drawback with GNI is the costs.

The fact that their commissions are not capped really is a killer - here is the result of my dummy trades:

Buys 6
Sells 14

(All long positions)

Gross profit £ 2343.43
Commissions £ 905.82

Net profit £ 1437.61

As I thought, those dealing costs take a big chunk out of profits - OK so the execution prices are better than they would have been with CMC, but I'm not sure that this would amount to over £900.

If GNI charged a flat fee then I'm sure they would be worth considering.

Any comments would be welcome.

BlueChip Trader

165 4
GNI & Costs

I also trade CFDs with CMC. I trade the likes of azn, gsk, wpp,bsy and most banks.

I would love to move over to GNI if they charged a fixed fee of say £10/trade.

To trade 1000 shares in say AZN means a commission of about £120. This equates to 12p in price both ways. I don't think that I am paying more than a penny or two to CMC.

I think Lot of active traders would migrate to GNI if they capped their commissions.

For the time being I'm happy with CMC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock