Glorious Geron...... ?

Hook Shot

GERON

GERON (GERN) ~ 4.85
This is a loss making US biopharmaceutical company of which there are many. It's into stem cell based medicines. Yep it's one of those sexy stocks but importantly is near it's lows. Will the story play out ? It will take a long time to find out but it might ....

For me when a sexy stock like this is near it's lows it can be vulnerable to good news...
...so worth mentioning even at this early stage.........

Now around 4.85 vs recent lows around 4.40

WATCHING & WAITING
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i've got this one right then the lower the better - as I expect it to go mad when the time comes....... it should double ......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: getting a bit carried away.... there I'll settle for 50% (just to be on the safe side...) :LOL:

Last edited:
HS,

Is the US government allowing stem-cell research now (God probably told Bush it was OK)? I'm sure I read something about this research in the US recently.

Grant.

Hi Grant

HS,

Is the US government allowing stem-cell research now (God probably told Bush it was OK)? I'm sure I read something about this research in the US recently.

Grant.

Bush is softening but not fast enough and anyway he's on his way out. He still against embryonic stem cells. The candidates are pro stem cells - so a shift in policy is likely regardless of the winner. Venture capitalists seem to be hosing money into stem cell start ups last year at least so they say.

Weird thing is one of the "establishment" global growth investment trusts based in UK has Geron as it's "largest holding" ....and is comfy with it .... !!! Considering most view it as highly speculative that caught my eye too.......
Lets see....

As for reading something about the research .... ithere's been lots of work in this area but the sector got bubbly and then died down and now porbly poised to get it's second wind .... cos the potential is awesome but lets see.

Regardless of the eventual outcome ... you know what people are like with hot sectors .. buy first and ask questions later ...... when the time comes ...if I'm right ...

re: embryonic stem-cells.

I read recently that similar stem-cell achievements can be made from using skin-cells.
this would remove the apparent spurious/religious/emotive issue of destroying embryos.

this could make stem-cell work more acceptable to bible-bashers, and thus a better investment bet.

article was on bbc website.

EDIT: the powers of google: "bbc embryonic stem cell skin" !!
BBC NEWS | Health | Skin transformed into stem cells