Uk- Dead Dogs - So Everyone Thinks !

Hook Shot

jUST A QUICK ONE

THESE ARE ALL SPECULATIVE OPPS SITTING AT OR VERY CLOSE TO ALL TIME LOWS.
EACH ONE HAS A VERY SEXY STORY WHICH COULD COME TO THE FORE AT ANY TIME.......

(1) GW PHARMA (GWP) 56P........ CANNABIS PHARMA COMPANY.....AT BASEMENT LEVELS... MORE TRIALS IN PROCESS SO INVESTORS ARE GETTING BORED.... SO VULNERABLE TO GOOD NEWS....... WEEKLY WATCH

(2) PHYTOPHARM (PYM) 36P..... BIG PRODUCT IS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT TREATMENT HOODIA (OBESITY) ...FORGET THE TREATMENT FOR DOGS... DOESN'T GET THE BLOOD RACING
AGAIN BASMENT PRICE........VERY SPECULATIVE NEAR TERM BUT UNILEVER ARE WORKING TO INCORPORATE THEIR WEIGHT LOSS COMPOUNDS INTO THEIR WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS...
-VULNERABLE TO GOOD NEWS

(3) AMBERLEY (amb)......... 8.63P
- I'LL PROBABLY GET GREY BEFORE WE FINALLY SEE THE VALUE ENHANCING TRANSFORMATION IN THIS STOCK - SMART CARD/RFID/ACCESS CONTROL COMPANY...
ALREADY INSTALLED IN QUITE A FEW FOOTY STADIUMS ARSENAL, MAN CITY ECT.......
I THINK FUTURE IS BRIGHT ......AND AT BASEMENT PRICES

CLARIFICATION AMBERLEY IS AN INVESTMENT COMPANY WITH A STAKE IN A SMART CARD COMPANY....... I EXPECT THEM TO DO A REVERSE TAKE OVER OF THE COMPANY AND RAISE THE LOWLY PRICE WELL ABOVE 10P FOR STARTERS ..FURTHER OUT 16+
-SITTING ON IT'S RUMP IT'S VULNERABLE TO REVERSE TAKEOVER NEWS........ KEEP EYES PEELED COS WHEN THE WIND CHANGES THINGS WILL HAPPEN PRETTY QUICKLY
IMO

Full Disclosure

SH,

Do you happen to hold positions in any of these stocks?

Grant.

I have a decent position in amberley since february this year which is under water bt @ 10p..... but it's not a big worry however they have kept me waiting a fair while :)

The other two I have no positions yet but have been in and out this year. I'm waiting to get back in once smoke signals dictate.

No ulterior motive (if that was the point of the question).... but fair nonetheless.... since these are highly speculative situatons.

SH

Ps To be honest I'd not thought about how the post might be perceived until you asked this question ...

Last edited:
"Do you happen to hold positions in any of these stocks? " exactly what I was thinking! lol

Uk Housebuilders

These have been trashed along with banks and commercial property companies.....
Sentiment is very bad ...not quite blood in the streets but it's not far away...

So I'm looking since some of them now yield over 5% and (for the future) the chronic housing shortage will continue....... according to former BoE MPC member Nickell....

My favorite watches are Redrow, Bovis and Bellway but the whole lot should be watched in my view...........

Dyor :cheesy: :D

hs

Housebuilders Still Weak.....

These have been trashed along with banks and commercial property companies.....
Sentiment is very bad ...not quite blood in the streets but it's not far away...

So I'm looking since some of them now yield over 5% and (for the future) the chronic housing shortage will continue....... according to former BoE MPC member Nickell....

My favorite watches are Redrow, Bovis and Bellway but the whole lot should be watched in my view...........

Dyor :cheesy: :D

hs

Barratts, TaylorWimpey made new 52L today - but Redrow matched it's 52L intraday.
Bovis came within 10p of it's 52L but rallied strongly despite poor trading statement.
Bellway closed poorly within 4% of 52L and at multiweek lows.
Even old Percy (Persimmon) fell back a bit but still 10% or so above the 52L

Barratts (Bdev) now yield 6% and @ 591 our job is to track the price and look for block trades which might ........ Nobody wants to know right now but things change ...:cheesy:

HS,

Have a look at Galliford Try (GFRD) while you're researching housebuilders and construction. Currently on my watch list, but yet to pull the trigger.

Thanks

HS,

Have a look at Galliford Try (GFRD) while you're researching housebuilders and construction. Currently on my watch list, but yet to pull the trigger.

Very very interesting especially outlook statement..... a test or break of summer lows would be nice... since future looks bright.
Good One Jack

HS,

With all the talk about having to build more homes by 2020, etc. and the Olympics coming up I can't see how, by buying the best builder, one can go far wrong. Materials, too. Watch the builders that have land banks in the flood areas, though, although they will, probably, become experts on building houses on stilts. With 80 million population around the corner, this sector must be a growth area.

Anyone for Telford

With all the talk about having to build more homes by 2020, etc. and the Olympics coming up I can't see how, by buying the best builder, one can go far wrong. Materials, too. Watch the builders that have land banks in the flood areas, though, although they will, probably, become experts on building houses on stilts. With 80 million population around the corner, this sector must be a growth area.

Well said Split... and telford homes (TEF) should benefit bigtime but for now the trend is a perfect ski slope...it's like the mm's are using a ruler..... and jpm are dumping hard. 200p would be nice ..... I'll be ****** lucky :LOL:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=tef:ln

Barratts hits 500p

Barratts, TaylorWimpey made new 52L today - but Redrow matched it's 52L intraday.
Bovis came within 10p of it's 52L but rallied strongly despite poor trading statement.

Barratts (Bdev) now yield 6% and @ 591 our job is to track the price and look for block trades which might ........ Nobody wants to know right now but things change ...:cheesy:

Barratts - today hit yet another 52L (actually a 3yr low) at 499.5p but you know what ? BoE sez rate cuts are on the agenda for 2008...... So I would imagine that the value boys will perhaps start accumulating since historically rate cuts favour housebuilders... if the correlation still holds....... :LOL:

At ~ 520p now .......they are valued at under 6x earnings for 2008... that's factoring in a 25% drop in eps..
Yield was 7% which makes it very interesting even if divi is cut a bit... If eps falls by 50% even then PE is still under 10!

We're nearly there kids...

Barratts - today hit yet another 52L (actually a 3yr low) at 499.5p but you know what ? BoE sez rate cuts are on the agenda for 2008...... So I would imagine that the value boys will perhaps start accumulating since historically rate cuts favour housebuilders... if the correlation still holds....... :LOL:

At ~ 520p now .......they are valued at under 6x earnings for 2008... that's factoring in a 25% drop in eps..
Yield was 7% which makes it very interesting even if divi is cut a bit... If eps falls by 50% even then PE is still under 10!

We're nearly there kids...

HS,

I looked at the major HBs. The problem with Barratts is the consistently lower return on capital employed and return on sales compared to the others. They also stupidly bought Wilson Bowden at the top of the market and are consequently carrying a much higher debt load than the others.

F

Yep.... however ...

HS,

I looked at the major HBs. The problem with Barratts is the consistently lower return on capital employed and return on sales compared to the others. They also stupidly bought Wilson Bowden at the top of the market and are consequently carrying a much higher debt load than the others.

F

Can't disagree with anything you've said fibo .... the thing that's whirling around my mind is whether this is "almost" all in the price........

Time will tell but ... if it keeps sliding that's fine by me... :cheesy:

Where can you get information about each house builders land bank and what type of land it is.

thanks,

breadman

HS,

You probably know this, but if looking for a catalyst for Barratts, bear in mind i) trading statement on Monday which is generally expected to be disappointing in tone, so anything remotely positive will be well viewed; and ii) it's a candidate for FTSE100 demotion this quarter: stocks kicked out of the FTSE often do very well the next period as there's been so much forced selling by FTSE trackers and benchmark funds.

UK financials interesting here. I've bought some Barclays (dividend yield > forward p/e!) and New Star AM. I'm sure there are others....

Early Bird

UK financials interesting here. I've bought some Barclays (dividend yield > forward p/e!) and New Star AM. I'm sure there are others....

Hi Jack given that we've come this far I want sub 400p now 480+
- I know I know..... I'm a stingy get :LOL:

Housing continues to get it in the neck despite Barratts saying tangible nets are over 550 per share ... we are around 460p now .... coming to daddy me thinks... along with the rest of the sector

Commmercial Real estate (owners and funds) starting to look very interesting too. I see accumulation at Great Portland...and virtually at 52L today...... Property normally stays low for a while once it blows up but we'll see..

Little update

jUST A QUICK ONE

THESE ARE ALL SPECULATIVE OPPS SITTING AT OR VERY CLOSE TO ALL TIME LOWS.
EACH ONE HAS A VERY SEXY STORY WHICH COULD COME TO THE FORE AT ANY TIME.......

(1) GW PHARMA (GWP) 56P........ CANNABIS PHARMA COMPANY.....AT BASEMENT LEVELS... MORE TRIALS IN PROCESS SO INVESTORS ARE GETTING BORED.... SO VULNERABLE TO GOOD NEWS....... WEEKLY WATCH

(2) PHYTOPHARM (PYM) 36P..... BIG PRODUCT IS WEIGHT MANAGEMENT TREATMENT HOODIA (OBESITY) ...FORGET THE TREATMENT FOR DOGS... DOESN'T GET THE BLOOD RACING
AGAIN BASMENT PRICE........VERY SPECULATIVE NEAR TERM BUT UNILEVER ARE WORKING TO INCORPORATE THEIR WEIGHT LOSS COMPOUNDS INTO THEIR WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS...
-VULNERABLE TO GOOD NEWS

(3) AMBERLEY (amb)......... 8.63P
- I'LL PROBABLY GET GREY BEFORE WE FINALLY SEE THE VALUE ENHANCING TRANSFORMATION IN THIS STOCK - SMART CARD/RFID/ACCESS CONTROL COMPANY...
ALREADY INSTALLED IN QUITE A FEW FOOTY STADIUMS ARSENAL, MAN CITY ECT.......
I THINK FUTURE IS BRIGHT ......AND AT BASEMENT PRICES

CLARIFICATION AMBERLEY IS AN INVESTMENT COMPANY WITH A STAKE IN A SMART CARD COMPANY....... I EXPECT THEM TO DO A REVERSE TAKE OVER OF THE COMPANY AND RAISE THE LOWLY PRICE WELL ABOVE 10P FOR STARTERS ..FURTHER OUT 16+
-SITTING ON IT'S RUMP IT'S VULNERABLE TO REVERSE TAKEOVER NEWS........ KEEP EYES PEELED COS WHEN THE WIND CHANGES THINGS WILL HAPPEN PRETTY QUICKLY
IMO

gw pharma....... an old hookster fave went sub 50 to an all time low and now climbing bk firmly.... @75 and broke 200ma tues 22, jan...........what mkt turmoil...?

as mentioned many times.......cannabis is a wonder drug.....although not all the ingredients.... I think it can be used to treat many illnesses.......so be warned...... latest is diabetes....but there will be more...... 2k8 could be gwp's year...

phytopharm (pym)...@25p (just off 23........probly an time low)

So confidence has imploded.....funds are running low......but unilver are still working with them...on a weight loss product...... unilever seem well-capitalised :LOL:
I'm adding more to my "pension fund"....

Finally, amberley(amb) @ 8.63p.........still snoozing........ why are we waiting ??? Come on boys get a move on................they gotta do that deal this year.... probly
in h1.......mkt conds etc......

Still Waiting.......

Big housebuilders remain in bear mkt.... hitting multi year lows Thurs.....
Fear not they all thought that US housing was dead but the stocks....escaped the hangman and came flying back.....and we're still hearing about inventory glut!!

Patience is a virtue.......... :LOL: