GKFX (former Smart Live Markets)

gle101

Veteren member
I think GKFX (former Smart Live Markets) now deserves a new thread. I have been trading CFDs with them for a week and I must say I am quite surprised how well they perform and execute on the MT4 platform. They made a 30% genuine deposit bonus offer for Swedish citizens (trading standard lots CFDs) that was hard to resist. I deposit enough money to start trading with the MT4 trading tool MYFX and I found trading MT4 using it a amazingly easy and effortless. No need to fiddle with your own EA's and scripts and the inbuilt feature of the MYFX trading tool platform took the MT4 platform to yet another higher level.

I have previously been trading SB with GKFX but found at the time they had some hard work to do on the MT4 platform, both service and execution wise. Being a pioneer offering SB on a MT4 platform they obviously had a challenge on their hands but maybe now they are ready for the big time.

I remember when I was trading with them last year, I got a lot of requotes, and I wasn't even scalping. The maximum I've ever traded is £1 per point. I do have to admit though, that they did honour their losses refund promise without a problem.

I remember when I was trading with them last year, I got a lot of requotes, and I wasn't even scalping. The maximum I've ever traded is £1 per point. I do have to admit though, that they did honour their losses refund promise without a problem.
Yes I have had the same problem earlier, but trading this week I didn't have the same re-quote issue as before, even at the MT4 deviation setting set to zero. Sure I have got a few re-quotes but that goes for platforms like Capitalspreads as well. Overall I have had a pleasant experience this week but this is trading CFDs standard lots not SB micro lots. My experience is also that trading standard CFDs lots I get less slippage compare to trading SB micro lots. If this overall positive experience continues in the weeks and month to come remains to be seen.

I have noticed GKFX just started to offer 0.4 spread on the Swedish OMX index. This is extremely narrow spread and will put their execution performance to the extreme test.

GKFX is good for shares as the spreads are narrow, but I mostly gave up trying to trade indices and FX with them last year. Maybe they've improved, or maybe the platform is 'adjusted' differently for CFDs and SB?

GKFX is good for shares as the spreads are narrow, but I mostly gave up trying to trade indices and FX with them last year. Maybe they've improved, or maybe the platform is 'adjusted' differently for CFDs and SB?
Could very well be the case, especially trading with micro lots is not so evident that one will notice or care about slippage.

Good Morning,i have a demo account with GKFX Meta4 platform, im thinking of opening a small micro acc with them just a £100 and trading Forex. Does anybody have experiance of this company and forex trading?

I have so far no problems at all trading with GKFX. Exellent execution and no slippage on CFDs standard lots on indicies. It seems (altough to early yet) like they are sincere in creating a good service trading the MT4 platform. It is really a breeze using MYFX trading tool with MT4, anybody here tried using MYFX?

I have so far no problems at all trading with GKFX. Exellent execution and no slippage on CFDs standard lots on indicies. It seems (altough to early yet) like they are sincere in creating a good service trading the MT4 platform. It is really a breeze using MYFX trading tool with MT4, anybody here tried using MYFX?

Not sure if it can be used with SB accounts:?:

Not sure if it can be used with SB accounts:?:
I asked about it, they said the license was only for the CFDs live account. A MYFX demo is free to use on the SB demo account. You can download a demo from MYFX website.

Hi Good Morning,thanks for he reply.What is MYFX?
MYFX is a trading tool for the MT4 platform. Instead of using your own bundle of Expert Advisors (EA's) and script you let the MYFX platform do the work. Everything is at your fingertips and you can have very complex setups through MYFX parameters such as OCO, trailing stop loss and money management. It is a graphical interface that makes trading the MT4 platform effortless. You can trade manually by clicking buttons of the instruments of you liking. It is hard to be without if one have tested the MYFX interface, at least that was the case with me.

MYFX is a trading tool for the MT4 platform. Instead of using your own bundle of Expert Advisors (EA's) and script you let the MYFX platform do the work. Everything is at your fingertips and you can have very complex setups through MYFX parameters such as OCO, trailing stop loss and money management. It is a graphical interface that makes trading the MT4 platform effortless. You can trade manually by clicking buttons of the instruments of you liking. It is hard to be without if one have tested the MYFX interface, at least that was the case with me.

Hi,is this a standalone app or do you install i in the meta4 platform?

Hi,is this a standalone app or do you install i in the meta4 platform?
It is a standalone app that connects to the MT4 platform. It installs an EA as a template (and as an Expert Advisors in Navigator/Expert Advisors) but you do everything from the graphical interface of MYFX, such collecting instrument and all the parameters for you trading setup, that is why it makes it so unique. You have a good overview of your account and a lot of features to be in control of you trading environment. The installment of MYFX application is extremely easy and is done within a couple of minutes.

It is a standalone app that connects to the MT4 platform. It installs an EA as a template (and as an Expert Advisors in Navigator/Expert Advisors) but you do everything from the graphical interface of MYFX, such collecting instrument and all the parameters for you trading setup, that is why it makes it so unique. You have a good overview of your account and a lot of features to be in control of you trading environment. The installment of MYFX application is extremely easy and is done within a couple of minutes.

Hi,many thanks for your help.I have instaled MYFX .Now to see if its a help in my trading.Regards Mike

Hi,many thanks for your help.I have instaled MYFX .Now to see if its a help in my trading.Regards Mike
Your welcome, hopefully it will assist you in your trading. Have a look at the features Trade Manager and Global Mandate, very helpful indeed.

I am really sorry to inform you guys that GKFX did not honor my 30% deposit bonus mentioned in my first post in this thread. After a month of intense trading, during which I fulfilled in toto, my part of the bonus program, GKFX took away my hard earned bonus. When I confronted GKFX in Sweden about the reason for their withdrawal of the bonus, they got back to me on the phone, explaining that "they had made a mistake in granting me bonus status for these instruments". So now suddenly, at the end of the bonus period, the instruments I have been trading for a whole month, does not make me eligible for the bonus. All this, despite my having obtained a written email statement from GKFX on request, confirming and stating that the instruments I was going to trade with them, was part of their bonus program, before I started trading CFDs with them.

I have, of course, tried to settle the bonus issue with GKFX both in Sweden and in London before posting this, but in vain. They will not honor my 30% bonus, period.

I thought GKFX had cleaned up their act, but apparently, old school tricks die hard. I have been a client of theirs for many years, first with Smart Live Markets and now under the new name of GKFX. I think GKFX need to look over their ethical guidelines or else they will need to change to yet to another name, faster than they think.

As all of you probably understand, this kind of dishonest treatment leaves me with no other alternative, other than to withdraw my money and stop trading with them. How can I trust a company with my money that behaves in this unethical and unprofessional way? Not me, I am getting out!

I am really sorry to inform you guys that GKFX did not honor my 30% deposit bonus mentioned in my first post in this thread. After a month of intense trading, during which I fulfilled in toto, my part of the bonus program, GKFX took away my hard earned bonus. When I confronted GKFX in Sweden about the reason for their withdrawal of the bonus, they got back to me on the phone, explaining that "they had made a mistake in granting me bonus status for these instruments". So now suddenly, at the end of the bonus period, the instruments I have been trading for a whole month, does not make me eligible for the bonus. All this, despite my having obtained a written email statement from GKFX on request, confirming and stating that the instruments I was going to trade with them, was part of their bonus program, before I started trading CFDs with them.

I have, of course, tried to settle the bonus issue with GKFX both in Sweden and in London before posting this, but in vain. They will not honor my 30% bonus, period.

I thought GKFX had cleaned up their act, but apparently, old school tricks die hard. I have been a client of theirs for many years, first with Smart Live Markets and now under the new name of GKFX. I think GKFX need to look over their ethical guidelines or else they will need to change to yet to another name, faster than they think.

As all of you probably understand, this kind of dishonest treatment leaves me with no other alternative, other than to withdraw my money and stop trading with them. How can I trust a company with my money that behaves in this unethical and unprofessional way? Not me, I am getting out!

Just contact the FOS to get a case ref and tell GKFX what you're doing. As they've admitted they made a mistake they'll probably cough up immediately, knowing that it will cost them more if the Ombudsman is involved.

Just contact the FOS to get a case ref and tell GKFX what you're doing. As they've admitted they made a mistake they'll probably cough up immediately, knowing that it will cost them more if the Ombudsman is involved.
No I don't think I will bother, it is just about £600 of bonus money involved. Hopefully they will come around realizing they can't treat an old client this way without paying a price, a price that will have a negative bearing on their goodwill status.

No I don't think I will bother, it is just about £600 of bonus money involved. Hopefully they will come around realizing they can't treat an old client this way without paying a price, a price that will have a negative bearing on their goodwill status.

Hoping clients won't bother is one of the reasons they get away with it.