Get up early morning motivation -

Si55AMG said:
Very true, ive mainly been a night person but can adjust for the right reasons which i am going to try from now on. If this fails i would trade the US markets and relax the rest of the day. But if its worth getting up at like 5-6am for 10-15 pips.points, then i better make sure i get my sorry self up and trade those early hours.

Try holding positions overnight , nothing gets you out of bed quicker than not knowing where your P/L is. :eek:

minx said:
Try holding positions overnight , nothing gets you out of bed quicker than not knowing where your P/L is. :eek:

i did that last night, left a trade open overnight on the Euro/USD, got up and it was 50+ pips. Couldnt believe it. Maybe overnight trades could work and definately get me out of bed in a flash like this morning , too eager to check status on open trades. Closed them with 50+ points, Pity it was just demo trading.

millsy500 said:
watch repeat games of Blackburn rovers on your video early evening. that'll send you to sleep for sure

lol, them games always put me to sleep. May i should start getting previous boring games and keep watching them :)

Jack o'Clubs said:
I think it's a bit trickier than all are suggesting. There seems some scientific evidence that some are 'night owls' and others are 'larks'. Forcing a night owl to get up early or a lark to stay up late just sets up stresses and internal conflicts. I can see that first hand in Mrs o'Clubs - she's an evening person, I'm a morning person - it doesn't matter what time she goes to bed she is still absolutely useless in the morning, ditto my brain turns off after about 9pm, however good a lie-in I've had.

I'd say Minx has the right idea. If you're an evening person just take advantage of it and trade the US markets, and USD/JPY if you want to do a currency pair. No point getting up early if you can't do it.

Very true, ive mainly been a night person but can adjust for the right reasons which i am going to try from now on. If this fails i would trade the US markets and relax the rest of the day. But if its worth getting up at like 5-6am for 10-15 pips.points, then i better make sure i get my sorry self up and trade those early hours.

Thanks again for all those who have replied.

Si55AMG said:
i did that last night, left a trade open overnight on the Euro/USD, got up and it was 50+ pips. Couldnt believe it. Maybe overnight trades could work and definately get me out of bed in a flash like this morning , too eager to check status on open trades. Closed them with 50+ points, Pity it was just demo trading.
Si

If your trading platform has audible alerts that will get you out of bed quick as a flash

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Charlton

Get up early morning motivation -

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a young man healthy, wealthy and wise."

"Youth is a commodity wasted on the young." George Bernard Shaw

"To get back to my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable” Oscar Wilde

and before some clever dick gets me I'll pre-empt

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
--Oscar Wilde

If you manage to get urself out of bed and into a routine theres no doubt you'll feel a whole lot better. I feel a lot worse if i sleep to much or oversleep.

The cat gets me up by yelling until I feed the F****** thing :)

...smoke a joint first thing in the morning, that will keep u well awake and focused (not that I do!)
or don't trade forex, trade only US stocks

Try taking an aftenoon nap

I nap every afternoon and this means I sleep for 2 hours less at night. Its amazing how a little refresh for say 30 mins in the afternoon can take off hours at night.

I have experimented with trying to sleep for over an hour, but find, that I become too sluggish after that. Its an individual thing and you will have to try it yourself...

Good luck.

rich500ny said:
I nap every afternoon and this means I sleep for 2 hours less at night. Its amazing how a little refresh for say 30 mins in the afternoon can take off hours at night.

I have experimented with trying to sleep for over an hour, but find, that I become too sluggish after that. Its an individual thing and you will have to try it yourself...

Good luck.

Yes, Sir. Sometimes I drop off for just ten minutes and wake up with a start, but it still does the trick. The tenseness seems to have gone from my legs and I'm set up for the rest of the day. I think that getting the muscles to relax completely only comes from dropping off to sleep completely but, as you say, overdo it and it's not the same.

Split

Sleep on the beach at lunchtime when it's nice, always helps me refresh. I think the person who suggested a baby in your life would do it has it spot on, that did the trick for me in March. Up at 5am every morning, get the three S's in then get meself a big cup of coffee and sort out the charts before the all hell breaks loose. I guess Si, that being in Blackburn there is nothing to get up for, I found it tough when I was home last week, and that was only a day, but I realised I had a flight back southh to catch so up like a shot. Do what I did, get the feck out of that place and find somewhere near the sea.
Chris
PS -where in B/burn you from, Mill Hill lad meself!!!!!

chindl said:
Sleep on the beach at lunchtime when it's nice, always helps me refresh. I think the person who suggested a baby in your life would do it has it spot on, that did the trick for me in March. Up at 5am every morning, get the three S's in then get meself a big cup of coffee and sort out the charts before the all hell breaks loose. I guess Si, that being in Blackburn there is nothing to get up for, I found it tough when I was home last week, and that was only a day, but I realised I had a flight back southh to catch so up like a shot. Do what I did, get the feck out of that place and find somewhere near the sea.
Chris
PS -where in B/burn you from, Mill Hill lad meself!!!!!

Lucky you. You can't get on a Spanish beach at this time of the year. Well, maybe at lunchtime..
Afraid my beach days are over now that the kids are grown up.

Split