Genesis System

dc2000

Veteren member
Given the interest that has been shown in the Genesis system I have set up an email address to enable me to inform all those who require information on the system when it becomes available. the address is [email protected] please email this address and put the word "system" in the subject box.

To recap "Genesis" is a strategy that has been traded successfully on both UK and US indices and is currently being tested on other markets including Forex with equal success.

It is not the Holy Grail of trading, it is a strategy that produces targets and together with its trading rules allows the user to have a more defined entry and exit, with the aim of minimising loss and maximising profit for each trade.

It does not use traditional Tech Analysis, although you could add your own if you wish, as such it is easy to understand with the formula being easily calculated in Excel or on a calculator.

The system would probably benefit someone who has started to trade but was having problems with stop loss placement and or defining a level at which to take a profit..

Last edited:
I will leave this email address open for one more week

Whilst this system is not the Holy Grail if it were a beer it would be a Carlsberg .......... " probably "

Last edited:
Only 180 points last week pretty average unless you count that it was only Tuesday

And today Genesis successfully called the S&P down to 1126 and up to 1140 before the open, it dont get no better :cheesy:
All comments welcome

Yes no problem but you have to allow for the spread, so instead of 100 points you would have 92

Previous stats for the system

For 2003 - 04
89% win rate, av win 140, av loss 23.25 for last 12 months to April.
max drawdown was in march this year at 141 the usual is circa 50 points
max consecutive losses 1

For Jan 2002 - April 2003
win ratio 86%
Av win 237 points
Av loss 50.05 points
max consecutive losses 3 in 2002

today +130 points Monday +70 points

Very impressive figures DC. Can you trade this system using limit orders or do you need to sit in front of your screen to enter the trades.
Why have you decided to sell it and roughly what sort of money are you looking at to buy it?

Thanks Mark.

Last edited:
dc2000 – very impressive figures but can you elaborate just a little?

For each of the two years you have quoted results, approximately how many trades per year were there for each market traded? How many different markets were traded in all? How many trades in total do these results represent?

Are these gross results, before spreads and commissions? If so, what are the corresponding net figures?

Finally, are these day trades (one per day), multiple trades per day, or is a position held for a number of days?

I look forward to your reply, and thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hi Orion and Schoe
the stats are for the Dow futures they are points gained so dont allow for comission or the increased spread with a spreadbetter. the system generates target zones within a sequence you can trade using the daily cash price or via futures, I personally prefer futures and trade a couple of big moves per week allthough of late with the increased volatility on the Dow I have been trading daily.

You can set limit orders at the begining of the week and not look at the screen but this can present a couple of problems firstly sometimes the target can miss by a few points to open a trade ( there is nothing worse than finding a market made a big move but your entry was missed by half a dozen points ) you could always lower the target and increase the risk a little.
Secondly if trading with spreadbetters they dont allow OCO orders at present so you would have to look at open trades and set limit to take profit.

Although I mainly trade the Dow the system can be traded on other indices and forex

Why have I deceided to sell it ? Truth is I dont really know, it pains me to see systems being sold for $1,000s and so called market tips that do little more than suggest this market may go up or may go down. Im not saying this is a magic formula it isnt, in fact its quite simple, but if it helps you to make a more informed trading descision then its done its job.

I havn't finalised a price but it will be offered to those that have sent an email to the above address at £149

Hi Andrew personally I wouldnt come to the market with anything less than £2k but it all depends on your goal,with £500 you could trade at 50p point and look for bigger moves with small risk, you would be profitable, but you won't make the Times rich list in a hurry.

thanks for the reply.

i've booked a seminar with sandy jadeja on the 31st july so i'm going to see how I get on with him b4 I spend any more money on trading systems etc.

although I am very interested.

so it will probably be a few months b4 I think about buying it.

Thanks for the explanation DC. it will fit in perfectly with my other system and I intend to give it a go, thanks for making it available and at a very good price.

Hi Traper on some stocks it works well astrazeneca and IBM for example on others it does not, on the whole I would say the performance is better on Indices, Forex and Commodities.

Only three days left to register interest this weeks trades posted on chartmans dow thread

Stocks

Thanks for your reply. I am interested in the forex market and will be interested to see what you have.

Best regards,

Trapper

Hi CJ looks like the word is spreading, couldn't do the bloomberg stuff though, imagine

presenter: "where do you see the market going?"

DC: " there there and there"

presenter: "why?"

DC " because it will ! "

not good TV and anyway I dont think they allow big fat northerners on TV