Genesis System

dc2000

Veteren member
4,766 129
Hi Chump it used to be affectionately known as the "Beermat" system but was changed to "genesis" just meaning from the begining.

Roberk A bank or trading house would not pay for this system they already have it and in actual fact if you had software to give an edge it is worth money six figs but not to use it but to keep it out of retail domain. As for account statements my trades have been placed on chartmans thread ahead of time.

pkfryer

243 0
Beermat.... as in scribbled on the back of one DC? :) A drunken inspiration one saturday evening down the pub or club?

I have a friend that does the software that banks use. They do use automatic risk analysis and trading systems. All automated and none of it commercially available. But from what I understand, unless you have several 100 million quid and lots of leverage and hardly any commission fees to pay, you wouldn't make any money on it!

I use to think that a trading system with a high probability of success was impossible too. But I am nearing completion of several systems I have been developing and testing for the last few months that are proving to be very robust and have a 70-80% success rate. Profitable on 3/4 of all stock in back testing over multiple time periods. Im not getting too excited though as its got to prove itself in paper trading! I think I might name them the Back of Envelope and Scrap of Paper Systems. Has a certain ring :p

I'm looking forward to putting your famous system to good use DC, I'm glad you are making it available!

roberk

136 1
dc2000 said:
Good Morning Peeps
" it restored my faith in "ask a serious question you get a silly answer" with ET.

You sound like a seasoned and profitable trader I would leave you with this thought if bulletin boards would have been around in the good old days and two posters posted " I have a trading theory for the markets"

would they have been told go away with their get rich quick schemes?

Their names R.N.Elliott and W.D.Gann
dc2000 thanks for your good-natured response to my intrusion.I use a little of elliot wave and value it, but know the edge it gives is subtle enough that most won't benefit without long education etc. I know nothing at all about your system so it may be all that everyone here hopes it is. I appreciate you have been giving some good signals but the skeptic in me says this could be just a good streak ; and your experience probably allows you to interpret the system in a way better then most who buy it could. Statements count more because these can cover several years.
Anyway your system is not expensive so good luck to all who buy, it may be worth a punt.

ET has its share of ass-holes but it has some good traders too, the to and fro educates.
p.s.I still get a roasting with that seasoning once a week or thereabouts - so am not a success yet.

Last edited:

charlesk

10 0
Hi DC,

I've received your email regarding the genesis system. Have you done any testing with the Australian indices? Any way of doing a backtest to see the effectiveness?

I would guess, that indices would behave approximately the same. I've never looked at the US & UK ones so don't really know.

Thanks,
Charles

dc2000

Veteren member
4,766 129
H Charles
I havn't done any testing on the asx but with the limited data I have it would work fine if you have some futures data for say the last contract I will run backtest for you

dc2000

Veteren member
4,766 129
Hi
The online payment took slightly longer than I expected but I have been assured it will be inplace tomorrow then emails will be sent

pkfryer

243 0
Okay mate! No worries. Whilst I think about it, have you got some charts of your trades and a history of the last years trades? cheers... look forward to seeing if your strategy lives up to its reputation.

dc2000

Veteren member
4,766 129
Hi PK
I have posted trades before but when they were downloaded 600 times in 3 hours it did freak me a bit. I have posted targets on chartmans dow thread and on the FTSE thread so far today I am out by 1.3 points on the FTSE and 2.9 points on the Dow.

I may get a couple more buyers on that fact alone

schoe

343 3
DC. When are the emails now being sent.? Also please could you clarify one thing for me. I have seen the backtested percentages posted etc and they are amazing but you have stated in one reply to me that the entry point is variable in that if you use limit orders you can sometimes miss out by a few points of getting into the trade which you said is very frustrating if the market then reverses. My question is how can you measure the accuracy of the system if the entry point is not set in stone and open to interpretation by the individual taking the trade.

Thanks ,Mark.

mojazz

22 0
Anybody purchased and received the Genesis system yet, and if possible initial impressions?

alliance

300 0
mojazz:

pkfryer mentioned (on another thread) that he had purchased it. Hopefully he will post his thoughts here soon :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock