GBP -It Sucks

bax699

Man gbp is so weak, when will we ever see any strength. im thinking the new PM coming in may swing it either way depending who comes in

dont knock it .....its been paying 80% of my trading wages for about the last 3 years now since the uk decided to leave

excellent volatility driving the rest of the G8 !!!

i dont care if currencies go up or down ...i just need them to move !!!

Yes i agree also, my base currency home is ~GBP so the money in my bank is weak against other currently when its usually higher, was my reference mainly.

As usual nobody here noticed GBP hard on Will it last?

who cares ? ....as long as its tradable..... i'll hit it up or down :)

We should not fall into the same trap as many US private retail traders seem to - they just can't sell the dollar. Its an emotional thing, like its unpatriotic or something. They just buy when they should and they buy when they shouldn't. If they have to they hunt the charts for increasingly exotic currencies against which the USD is strong and they just keep buying.

who cares ? ....as long as its tradable..... i'll hit it up or down :)

You mean, mean boy :) You, oberhauptShuldStrumman be Big Papa Trader, go up don't care, go down don't give a rat's ass, make money either way. Goooood boy. Big clap big clap

But what about all those other Brits living as expats in sooooooo many countries? Crying tears of blood as GBP was crashing and crashing even against lowly currencies. I HAVE SEEN ............. it ain't pretty - so many had to leave their chosen Paradise as the GBP crashed their standard of living and forced them to return to Blighty which they had already forsaken and swore they would never go back to the Sh*tHouse

Examples? Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, thailand, Malaysia .................... Orthello, USA could be added too. Hawaii meeting at Waikaloa beach of 350 Brits crying and sobbing was not a pretty sight. They was leaving, leaving, gone gone goodbye. Only fibo cried with them for he understood the agony - you can't leave Paradise, not when you've had a taste of it, the smell of it, it hurts like a mother

These boys wake up when GBP pokes its head above water and brings on a smile

that's why oberhauptShuldStrumman

:)

We should not fall into the same trap as many US private retail traders seem to - they just can't sell the dollar. Its an emotional thing, like its unpatriotic or something. They just buy when they should and they buy when they shouldn't. If they have to they hunt the charts for increasingly exotic currencies against which the USD is strong and they just keep buying.

For years the dollar was going down, down, down , down. Everybody was laffing at the champ. They despised him. Americans were silent as the hammering grew and grew and took on epic proportions. The champ (dollar) was hurting, he was in despair. Americans' travel dropped off a cliff.

Then in 2008, Champ put his boots and rode out and tore every mother's son a new on in a vertical 5-wave move. Since that was a 5-er, FIBO know-ed we were off to the races. However the correction sideways exasperated everyone including fibo.

All those years of suffering for the champ are at least for now, over. Up down up down its a way of life but when down for loooooong, the up is huge and lasts time.

that's why. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Swat dee kap, Khun Rosa,

Mai pen rai, ja choo-ai tawnee, mai jam pen penhuang maak maak. Khao ja song chokdee. Pai tamboon prungnee

kap khun kap

Fibo

sterling vs Thai Baht long-term hammering

Sterling vs thai Baht daily
Hang in there, Rosa, we might got a turn, a trend violation to the upside. Not sure just yet but its a good sign. Relief is on its way

"Big Papa smoke big peace pipe and talk the big talk just trade, go up go down no matter, we traders we no care about others who are not traders" ..... says big papa oberfuhrerFurstenbergerLandstrasse.

But Fibo cares. Not everybody can be a trader, only the lucky ones make it and even they have the scars. But they can essentially live anywhere they want. so they pick the best-est Paradise based on beaches, mountains, food, infrastructure, low low crime, hi smiles, stunning tax free stock and futures market, stunning housing, stunning scenery, awesome food and stunning women. Thailand has won hands down for decades

Those who cannot do our profession live on fixed income and when their currency is crashing relative to the Baht, they suffer

All euro countries are suffering becasue when the Baht goes into a strength cycle it goes against all the gang together, including he dollar. Right now the Baht has buggered the dollar to near 30. Americans are getting hammered in Thailand. But Brits, Aussies and the rest are getting hammered more.

As a result the exodus from Paradise is huge. My favorite foreign coffeeshops, restaurants and whatnot are closing in large numbers as they cannot afford to be there no more.

Brits are escaping in droves back to Blighty or the smarter ones are moving to Nam

"Big Papa smoke big peace pipe and talk the big talk just trade, go up go down no matter, we traders we no care about others who are not traders" ..... says big papa oberfuhrerFurstenbergerLandstrasse.

But Fibo cares. Not everybody can be a trader, only the lucky ones make it and even they have the scars. But they can essentially live anywhere they want. so they pick the best-est Paradise based on beaches, mountains, food, infrastructure, low low crime, hi smiles, stunning tax free stock and futures market, stunning housing, stunning scenery, awesome food and stunning women. Thailand has won hands down for decades

Those who cannot do our profession live on fixed income and when their currency is crashing relative to the Baht, they suffer

All euro countries are suffering becasue when the Baht goes into a strength cycle it goes against all the gang together, including he dollar. Right now the Baht has buggered the dollar to near 30. Americans are getting hammered in Thailand. But Brits, Aussies and the rest are getting hammered more.

As a result the exodus from Paradise is huge. My favorite foreign coffeeshops, restaurants and whatnot are closing in large numbers as they cannot afford to be there no more.

Brits are escaping in droves back to Blighty or the smarter ones are moving to Nam

Stay boys, stay, stay with Fibo. GBP will turn soon and make you smile. don't give up now. :)

But here's the thing. People make stupid moves right at the near bottom of a BEAR Market. The Herd never sees the suffering ending. theyhave no clue that a MAJOR TURN is just around the corner. So they do what every HERD aka collective-thought group does - they extrapolate to infinity and therefore conclude that the pain will never end and they had better make their move back to Blighty NOW.

At the most inopportune time. Stay brothers, stay - BEAR is ending. I will use USD-THB as the proxy for my argument because it really does not matter much as the Thailand Baht operates unanimously more or less against western currencies. So if there is a turn coming in USD-THB there will be a similar turn in GBP-THB

Get a load of Fibo here. Bloody Hell, we be almost there. Right at the threshold of a gigantic turn. Had they stayed they would be thrilled to see that the next wave up (Wave 3) will move the exchange rate sooooooooo fast in their favor it would make their heads spin in sheer sybaritic splendor and :)pleasure.

Get a load of fibo's call in this chart - a bloody masterpiece if I may say so ............... :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

How can anybody give this up?

see post #17

Stay boys, stay, stay with Fibo. GBP will turn soon and make you smile. don't give up now. :) Daddy's almost home. Who is Daddy? Why of course he is the US dollar vs Thai Baht.

Daddy hit a low of 30.266 on 9/16/19. Then he gave me a mini wave 4 and is now going down in wave 5. FIBO expects Daddy to reverse on 30.144.

When it occurs I shall alert Americans in LOS (Land of Smiles) to start on holidays once again as the long drought is over. Ditto for the English cats but they of course don't have the stamina or wherewithal of the Americans and many have already returned to Blighty with their tails between their legs. Americans are hurting but they have staying power.

She will go to our secret Khao Soi Gai (Fibo's fav northern dish that can be had daily, its that good and unboring) restaurant that other foreigners don't know about yet - to celebrate after giving thanks to Lord Buddha when the US dollar vs thai Baht has bottomed. Its a restaurant of luck that serves the best food for monks. Why wait till the bottom? Because she knows that Fibo will blast money transfers to LOS only after the bottom has been hit. She knows the stubbornness of fibo in this regard.

Man gbp is so weak, when will we ever see any strength. im thinking the new PM coming in may swing it either way depending who comes in

I told you to stop crying, that GBP would turn soon.