Fxcorrelator_goldmeter

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
trading my goldmeter indicator (in free links below)...........its simple really

I am looking for a weak usd and then I attack a rising Gold index
or vice versa

in a perfect world I look for the gold index (violet) to actualy breach above or below all the other grey lines (which represent the G7 currency indexes) .........this means that gold is being traded very aggressively and moving with much more momentum than the fiat currencies

a few buys and sells
N

Attachments

Reactions: Atilla

Atilla

Legendary member
18,837 2,631
trading my goldmeter indicator (in free links below)...........its simple really

I am looking for a weak usd and then I attack a rising Gold index
or vice versa

in a perfect world I look for the gold index (violet) to actualy breach above or below all the other grey lines (which represent the G7 currency indexes) .........this means that gold is being traded very aggressively and moving with much more momentum than the fiat currencies

a few buys and sells
N

Like that and use something similar my self.

I would add following indexes into that mix, should you choose to accept;

oil, treasury yields, stock, dollar and inflation.

Understanding their relationship coupled with time-lags is key imo.

Moreover, as Yellen set 2% inflation as a key target for raising rates, that's going to have a DIRECT knock on effect to all those parameters... :idea:

(y)

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
Like that and use something similar my self.

I would add following indexes into that mix, should you choose to accept;

oil, treasury yields, stock, dollar and inflation.

Understanding their relationship coupled with time-lags is key imo.

Moreover, as Yellen set 2% inflation as a key target for raising rates, that's going to have a DIRECT knock on effect to all those parameters... :idea:

(y)

Agreed.....I used to factor more variables into my trading but not so fussed now

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
interesting triad signals on those 3 indexes on 1hour .............??

euro , usd , gold indexes

I have spent over 15 years now looking at forex correlation and in truth 99% of patterns break down over time and are just fleeting coincidence more than enduring and profitable systems

but 1% do stick

N

Attachments

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
terrible Wednesday for the old shiny stuff........

heres the last few weeks .................when the Violet (raw Gold)..... line gets outside all the other grey lines (other G8 currency indexes) that means the fiat currencies are being surpassed by a move to Gold .............then I REALLY like to play gold in trades

18/19th August saw a real push on Gold leaping above other G7 currencies as the usd fell..........nice nice signal for a change

N

Attachments

MajorMagnuM

Legendary member
9,284 887
terrible Wednesday for the old shiny stuff........

heres the last few weeks .................when the Violet (raw Gold)..... line gets outside all the other grey lines (other G8 currency indexes) that means the fiat currencies are being surpassed by a move to Gold .............then I REALLY like to play gold in trades

18/19th August saw a real push on Gold leaping above other G7 currencies as the usd fell..........nice nice signal for a change

N
ok this is simpler for me to understand than the other currency meter you have!
i have loaded up an mt4 acc, what do i hve to do to get a copy of this from you?

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
Did you looked for me?
Can you remind me what I am asking for ? :cool:

Sorry I havnt been on this thread for a while ......been busy scalping

N

NVP

Legendary member
36,542 1,849
Just seen your post #130...
Thanks sharky

Been a while since I looked at my goldmeter stuff......will try to,take a look today if time

I would never scalp gold ......so it's not on my priority list at moment......the indicator discussed here though always does ok generally .....using the logic it has .......will try to,do a review on how it's done more recently later if time allows

N:smart: