fxcm versus deal4free

Pau4348

Hi Folks,
Can anyone tell me what advantage fxcm has over deal4free regarding the forex. I have noticed that say on euro/usd, the spreads are exactly the same ( 4-5 pips). As deal4free spreadbet is tax free, apart from the charts, why would anyone choose fxcm over deal4free.

Paul

I have to agree, why would anyone use FXCM instead of Deal4Free?

Further why would anyone use Deal4Free ahead of Interactive Brokers?

JonnyT

The only advantage of D4F seems to be the tax free gains, otherwise there is nothing major as their platform is quite cumbersome, cant see how it is an award winning platform :(

JonnyT

I am relatively new to forex and am using fxcm on a demo (Euro/USD) - 72 pips today.

Why use IB? I've read a lot of your threads and would value your comments.

Been trading indices with d4free and Capital Spreads for some time and doing ok. Forex looks much more entertaining!

You would use FXCM if you wanted to trade the Spot currencies.
You would use FXCM if you wanted to trade at the price you could see on the screen.
You would use FXCM if you wanted to be absolutely certain that your stops would be filled at the price you wanted and with no slippage whatsoever even if the market gaps.
You would use FXCM if you wanted limit orders to be filled at eh price you specified with no slippage whatsoever even if the market gaps.
You would use FXCM if you wanted to trade with a company which has a London office and is FSA regulated.
You would use FXCM if you wanted the flexibility of the 200:1 margin that FXCM offer.
You would use FXCM if you wanted a fixed and constant spread.

Each of the above is not unique to FXCM (the stops and limits could be) but the package as a whole is.

I use FXCM and have been very pleased so far and not had a single glitch. Its not been down once, i've always got the price i have seen, there are no requotes, if the price moves as i hit the trade button it tells me and lets me decide whether to continue with the trade at the new price (happened about 3 times in 600 trades).

Happy as a client. Yes.

steal4free

Anybody who does not think that there is a benefit in using fxcm over deal4free should follow a few of the other threads on spreadbetting.

:devilish:

I too have a demo account with fxcm and am impressed. What I particluarly like is the Entry option where you can specify a stop and limit should your entry be hit very useful if u have a full time job and cant watch the market all the time. Dont use D4F but know Cap Spreads new option is not as good because u cant specify a stop and limit for an entry that hasn't been hit yet.

each to their own!....use both FXCM & D4F, and ditto all jp's comments. Apart from a couple minor niggles with D4F last week, I've had very few problems with them at all....horses for courses - each & every platform has it's own unique advantages, it's up to us to utilise them accordingly!

I would recomend that you go for d4f, i have been using both of them and d4f prices are in line with the interbank market, deal4f might quote you because the price that you requested has moved in the inter bank market, fxcm's prices are not in line with inter bank market,by the way if you do not place stops and are looking for long term trades then even fxcm will be okay.

cecja said:
I would recomend that you go for d4f, i have been using both of them and d4f prices are in line with the interbank market, deal4f might quote you because the price that you requested has moved in the inter bank market, fxcm's prices are not in line with inter bank market,by the way if you do not place stops and are looking for long term trades then even fxcm will be okay.

Check out interbankfx.com they offer straight thru process no dealer inetervection no more commision 2 pip spread on eur/usd pair. these guys realy don't trade agaist there customer like some brokers does.

moe,

If there is a fine print stating "A one pip per lot commission is charged on all trades", a 2 pip spread on EURUSD may not be what it seems.

Anonymous said:
moe,

If there is a fine print stating "A one pip per lot commission is charged on all trades", a 2 pip spread on EURUSD may not be what it seems.

i dont thank you understand what i was saying. there is no commison at all

cecja said:

Correct. d4f mirrors EBS very closely (daily ranges for d4f are normally about 3 pips on either end more conservative than the EBS ranges) whereas FXCM is well-known for putting in arbitrary stop-runs away from the actual interbank market every now and again.

Another thing to weigh up is fxcm still has a wider spread on gb/usd than cmc have.

options said:
Another thing to weigh up is fxcm still has a wider spread on gb/usd than cmc have.

Well i use both............
fxcm for position trading and d4f for intraday.

good think about fxcm is good news service
BUT.....................

has anyone noticed that during financial announcements and volatility fxcm servers does not work..................
or is it just me.

Easy does it

moe said:
i dont thank you understand what i was saying. there is no commison at all
But they don't have mini accounts. So to get your feet wet at low cost (Mini accounts) try Oanda.com or FXCM.co.uk etc

moe said:
Check out interbankfx.com they offer straight thru process no dealer inetervection no more commision 2 pip spread on eur/usd pair. these guys realy don't trade agaist there customer like some brokers does.

Moe, thank you for your reply, i'm not sure how interbankfx.com can offer 2 pints spread because in the real inter bank market the spread is at least 3 points and sometimes it goes 4 points.
By the way if you have a look at the cftc report the interbankfx.com is not a big market maker.

cecja said:
Moe, thank you for your reply, i'm not sure how interbankfx.com can offer 2 pints spread because in the real inter bank market the spread is at least 3 points and sometimes it goes 4 points.
By the way if you have a look at the cftc report the interbankfx.com is not a big market maker.

they are part of fxdd.com the tradion group.

acm offer 2 pip spreads and they are part refco group.

moe said:
they are part of fxdd.com the tradion group.

acm offer 2 pip spreads and they are part refco group.

Moe, thank you for your advice, but if it is like a advert for interbankfx or fxdd please forget about it, interbank fx has only $700 000, and fxdd only $300 000 shown in the cftc report.

by the way i'm happy with cmc right now, also i have started trading fxfutures and shortly i'll forget about the spot manipulated fx market.