Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Jason,

I have been looking on the FXCM Apps website at EAs. Has anyone used any of these? Can you adjust the variables to suit?

Thanks

Hi Steakeater,

Just to clarify, are you referring to the EAs on FXCMapps.com that are based on the DailyFX trading signals? Also, what variables are you interested in adjusting and how?

Jason

So FXCM is now going offshore/unregulated?

Just as FXCM launched dealing desk execution for traders that specifically requested it, likewise we are offering FXCM Markets for traders that have asked for specific products and services. FXCM Markets is meant as a solution for traders who are already with unregulated brokers. These traders put factors such as greater leverage, lower costs and the ability to earn interest on deposits above traditional concerns such as regulatory oversight and financial stability. Unfortunately, that has meant these traders had to trust their money with brokers that are sometimes very small companies with little information available regarding their operations and finances.

As a publicly-traded company, FXCM is subject to SEC regulations regarding accounting and the regular reporting of our finances. Clients of FXCM Markets can benefit from this financial transparency. For the people already trading with unregulated brokers, FXCM Markets can address their key priorities in choosing a broker, while providing them with the added confidence that comes from our financial strength, 24-hour customer support, global offices where you can see our staff face-to-face, and the educational and technical resources of an industry leader.

We encourage our clients to trade through one of FXCM's various regulated entities, but offer FXCM Markets to traders who are interested and who do not reside in one of the countries where FXCM is regulated, namely the UK, the US, Australia, France, Germany and Japan.

Just as FXCM launched dealing desk execution for traders that specifically requested it, likewise we are offering FXCM Markets for traders that have asked for specific products and services. FXCM Markets is meant as a solution for traders who are already with unregulated brokers. These traders put factors such as greater leverage, lower costs and the ability to earn interest on deposits above traditional concerns such as regulatory oversight and financial stability. Unfortunately, that has meant these traders had to trust their money with brokers that are sometimes very small companies with little information available regarding their operations and finances.

As a publicly-traded company, FXCM is subject to SEC regulations regarding accounting and the regular reporting of our finances. Clients of FXCM Markets can benefit from this financial transparency. For the people already trading with unregulated brokers, FXCM Markets can address their key priorities in choosing a broker, while providing them with the added confidence that comes from our financial strength, 24-hour customer support, global offices where you can see our staff face-to-face, and the educational and technical resources of an industry leader.

We encourage our clients to trade through one of FXCM's various regulated entities, but offer FXCM Markets to traders who are interested and who do not reside in one of the countries where FXCM is regulated, namely the UK, the US, Australia, France, Germany and Japan.

Get that virtual dealer plugin cranked up again, the fools will be queuing up to give you their money and this time they won't be getting it back.

Holiday Trading Hours for May

Below are the holiday trading hours for CFDs in May. Forex trading hours are as normal.

fxcmmayholidaytradingho.png

All times above are in GMT.

Hi Pat,

We don't currently offer MT5, because we haven't seen much demand for it, at least so far. Was there a particular feature of MT5 that you were after?

Jason

Just reading around the forums seem to suggest that the indicators and EAs offered are better on MT5. I think that the average Joe needs a bit of expertise and advice to find the good ones and think of all those extra happy customers.

Last edited:
Heads up! At 5pm New York time today, there will be quintuple rollover on JPY pairs due to the Golden Week holidays. That means you will earn or pay 5 days worth of rollover interest for any JPY trades that are still open at the stroke of 5pm.

fxcmdailyfxrollovercale.png

You can use the Rollover Calendar at DailyFX.com to keep up to date on when holidays will affect the rollover schedule.

Just reading around the forums seem to suggest that the indicators and EAs offered are better on MT5. I think that the average Joe needs a bit of expertise and advice to find the good ones and think of all those extra happy customers.

Definitely appreciate the feedback, Pat

I will let the higher ups know that more people are asking about MT5

Are FXCM supporting an unregulated managed forex scheme? The people behind this scheme claim they are. This would be illegal activity I'd guess and FXCM would be under an obligation to report it.

What are you going to do about it?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/174086-potential-forex-hedge-fund-scam.html#post2134400

Thanks PB,

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. FXCM has internal compliance controls for reviewing this type of information. Traders having any concerns should email directly at [email protected] directly with details.

Jason

Last edited:
Thanks PB,

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and have notified our Compliance department. So they can investigate this matter further, please email them directly at [email protected] including any additional information you have.

Jason

Jason,

I don't know any more than you'll find on that thread. Very clearly they are not registered but are soliciting funds, and doing so publicly. They are also clearly using your name and may very well have an account with you. I'm sure they will turn out to be yet another forex Ponzi scheme. It's not like they are a rare occurrence these days.

CFD Trading Hours for Memorial Day

Below are the CFD trading hours for the Memorial Day holiday in the US on Monday, May 27th. Forex will continue trading 24 hours a day as normal.

memorialdayhours2013may.png

Times above are in GMT

I will be out of the office on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day but will respond to any questions you post, when I return on Tuesday. FXCM's live customer service will be open as usual on Monday. You can call us using one of our international toll-free numbers.

Jason

Last edited:
Hmm. Something I didn’t know for this long. That's really helpful and easy to understand with these images.

Hmm. Something I didn’t know for this long. That's really helpful and easy to understand with these images.

Hi BD,

I'm glad you found the info helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Welcome to the forum :)

Jason

Attention to traders using ZuluTrade and Tradency

There have been articles written about a new build of MT4 that may cause problems for Tradency (Mirror Trader) and ZuluTrade connections. While I can't speak for other brokers, both Tradency and ZuluTrade connect to FXCM's back office directly using our API. Often times whenever another website or service provider wants to offer an additional service to FXCM clients, we're happy to work with them by offering our API which is free to use. This offers a much more reliable direct connection without interruption in services that could result from going through a third party connection. FXCM clients using ZuluTrade and Tradency have not been impacted during this entire period.

Jason,

My iphone app and web based access (non MT4) are suddenly not allowing me to log in - is there something up at FXCM's end?

thanks, I'll keep on looking into it. iphone app no access, web no access, mt4 ok.