Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Hi Jason just noticed the CFDs , what about withdrawal fees by bank wire , how much is it now ? I recall it was cheaper for micro accounts ...

Hi Tar,

The fee for international wires is $40. You can also withdraw funds for free back to your debit or credit card.

Jason

Including profits as well ? thanks ...

Only the initial amount deposited from a debit or credit card can be returned back to that same card. Any additional withdrawals would have to be sent back via check or wire.

How to View Price Data in Table Form

Sometimes it's useful to view price data in table form. For example, you might want to copy this data over to a spreadsheet for further analysis. Below are instructions on how to get a table of price data from the Trading Station charts.

Step 1: Right click on the chart.

fxcmchart2013march04.png

Step 2: In the menu that pops up, select Chart Mode > Table.

fxcmchartmode2013march0.png

Step 3: Now that you have a view of price data in table mode, you can copy and paste the data into a spreadsheet.

fxcmcharttable2013march.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this or other features of the Trading Station charts.

How to Change the Chart Color Scheme

Depending on the settings of your computer monitor, you might prefer to view the Trading Station charts in a different color scheme from the default shown below.

Color Scheme: Dark (Default)
fxcmchartcolorschemedar.png

To change your color scheme, right-click on the chart and select Options.

fxcmchartcolorschemeopt.png

From the Options window that appears, you can switch from the default Dark color scheme to one of three color schemes shown below.

Color Scheme: Light
fxcmchartcolorschemelig.png

Color Scheme: Gobi Beige
fxcmchartcolorschemegob.png

Color Scheme: Midnight Blue
fxcmchartcolorschememid.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this or other features of the Trading Station charts.

How to Change the Time Zone on Charts

The Trading Station allows you to choose which time zone to display on the charts and platform. To do so, follow these steps:

Step 1: Click on “System” in the upper right corner and select “Options.”

29divih.png

Step 2: Next, click on “General Trading” to access the section of the Options menu that contains the time zone information.

acrac7.png

Step 3: On the right side of the options, click on “View format of time field” and select the time zone that will work the best for you.

izxevb.png

UTC – Coordinated Universal Time format. UTC is the time zone that you should select to st your Trading Station platform to GMT time.
Server – Server time is the default selection and is set to East Standard Time (EST).
Local – Local time will set the platform to whatever the time is on your own computer.
Financial Time – Financial time will set the time to where 00:00 represents the beginning of the trading day.​

Step 4: To save the changes click on “Apply” in the lower right corner of the options menu and then click on “OK.”

How to Draw a Trend Channel on the Charts

A trend channel can be useful to identify possible levels of support and resistance in a trending market. To draw a trend channel on a chart, follow these steps:

Step 1: Click on the small pencil icon at the top of the MarketScope charts:
flhgr4.png

Step 2: Left click on the chart where you would like the first trend line to begin, hold the mouse button down, drag your mouse to where you would like the trend line to connect, and release the button.

16m0ev6.png

Step 3: From the dialogue box that appears, you can change the settings for the trend line.

n5lvs1.png

Step 4: While holding down the Control (CTRL) key on the keyboard left click on your existing trend line. A copy of your current trend line will automatically be created and can be moved anywhere on the chart to create your price channel.

2lt3rpl.png

How to Set Up Email Alerts

Previously, I went over the steps to set up price alerts on your Trading Station charts. These price alerts display a message on the platform when are triggered. However, if you are away from your computer, you may prefer to have these alerts sent to you by email. Below are the steps to set up email alerts for your Trading Station charts.

Step 1: From the MarketScope charts click on File and then Options

54vfjd.png

Step 2: Click on Strategy Options and fill out each of the sections displayed on the right-hand side. After filling out all of the sections click OK.

2w70l8p.png

SMTP server address: This is the SMTP server address of your e-mail provider. For a list of SMTP Server addresses, please click here. If your e-mail provider is not listed, please contact them for further assistance.

SMTP User: Enter your e-mail address in this field

SMTP Password: Enter your e-mail password in this field

From Address: Enter your e-mail address in this field

Default E-mail Address: Enter the e-mail that you would like to receive the alerts in this field

Step 3: On the Price Strategy properties dialogue box, select Yes from the drop down menu for the item Send E-Mail and click OK

9i5yeq.png

How to Arrange Multiple Charts on the Trading Station

The Trading Station charts have a docking feature that allows you to arrange two chart windows so they appear side by side or with one on top and the other at the bottom of the screen. Below are steps to show you how to use this docking feature to arrange multiple charts on your screen.

Step 1: Open MarketScope and create the charts that you would like to display

rtgkk4.png

Step 2: Left click on the tab of your chart (Where it says EUR/USD in the picture above), hold the mouse button down and drag the chart until the blue docking arrows appear

2mcboed.png

Step 3: While still holding down the left mouse button, move your cursor over one of the blue arrows to split the charts. Each arrow will split the charts in a different direction. For this example, we will use the arrow pointing to the left in the center of the charts. While your mouse is over this arrow, release the left mouse button.

1zvbak7.png

Step 4: The charts will be divided in half so that two charts are now displayed on the platform. You can repeat this process as many times as you would like in order to display multiple charts.

t6auzb.png

How to Save Chart Layouts

The Trading Station platform allows you to save your chart layouts, so that you don't have to recreate them each time you load your charts.

To save your layout, follow these steps:

Step 1: Organize your charts to your preferred setup

33kvd7a.png

Step 2: Click on File and then Layouts and finally on Save Layout

29kxgg3.png

Step 3: Enter the name of your new layout and click on OK to save the layout.

o7o7ro.png

To load a saved layout, follow these steps:

Step 1: Open MarketScope and click on File and then on Layouts and then on Open Layout.

2yuzg44.png

Step 2: Select your preferred layout and click on OK.

vq6qkp.png

Step 3: Your new template will be applied to your MarketScope 2.0 charts.

9ibb40.png

How to Restore the Original 4 Chart Layout

There may be a time when you’d like to reset the Trading Station charts back to the original layout with four charts. To do so, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Click on “File” in the upper left corner

mlnqf4.png

Step 2: Click on “Default Layout” and the charts will return to their original position

2m4a7mh.png

How to Automate Strategies on Trading Station Charts

The Trading Station Charts have the ability to automate strategies. For example, the MA_Advisor strategy places trades based on signals from moving averages. More strategies can be imported to the platform from FXCodebase.com.

To activate an automated strategy, follow the steps below:

1. From the Trading Station Main Menu tab, select Charts > Alerts and Trading Automation > New Strategy or Alert.
2zs9ypz.jpg

2. A New Strategy or Alert window will display. Select the strategy or alert you wish to activate. Click OK.

In the example below, “MA_Advisor” is selected as the strategy to activate.
34eq684.jpg

3. Update the strategy or alert parameters you want to activate. Note – if you back-tested or optimized a strategy, then update the parameters according to your preferred settings.

While every field should be reviewed, some of the more important fields to update include:

• Strategy Parameters – parameters will vary depending on the strategy. The example strategy has 2 parameters – the “Fast Moving Average Parameters” and the “Slow Moving Average Parameters”.
• Timeframe field –selects the timeframe for strategy automation.
• Allow Trading field – Select Yes to activate strategy for trading (if available).
• Amount field – Defines the trade size, in lots, for strategy or alert.
• Set Limit or Set Stop fields– sets a limit or stop order (distance is in pips).​

Once complete, click “OK” to activate the strategy.
1e5mo5.jpg

4. Note - To activate a strategy for trading, you must scroll down to “Trading Parameters” and change “Allow Trading” to Yes.
f4fx55.jpg

A Strategy Dashboard window will display in your Trading Station, allowing you to manage activated alerts and strategies quickly and easily.
b5h4zq.jpg

How do I know when an automated strategy is triggered?

When a strategy is triggered, a pop-up message will display with a Strategy Alert. The alert includes all of the important details about the automated strategies activity.

1zxwjsy.jpg

How to View Alternate Time Intervals on the Trading Station Charts

The drow-down menu for time periods on the Trading Station charts shows the most popular time intervals: Tick, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 4 Hour, Daily, etc.

timeframe1.png

However, it's actually possible to view alternate time intervals on the Trading Station charts. For example, if you want to view a 12-minute chart, simply type "m12" in the time period field as shown below.

timeframe2.png

Below are some examples of other time intervals and how you can enter them:

• 3 Minutes : m3
  • 10 Minutes : m10
  • 17 Minutes : m17
  • 45 Minutes : m45
  • 3 Hours : h3
  • 12 Hours : h12
  • 2 Days : d2
  • 10 Days : d10

How to Export Trading Station Chart Data to Excel

Suppose you want to export the data from your Trading Station chart to Excel for further analysis. Below are the steps:

Step 1: Select the time period that you would like to export on your MarketScope chart

2nbha0z.png

Step 2: Click on File and then on Export to Excel

34q3h28.png

Step 3: Select where you would like to save the data, create a file name, and click on Save

vcyqhh.png

Step 4: Navigate to where you have saved the file and launch the file by double clicking

2uiyeck.png

Step 5: The exported data will be separated into columns based up on the Open, High, Low, and Close for both the Bid and Ask prices

zxwsk.png

Please let me know if you have questions about this or any other features of the Trading Station charts.

I’ve been watching the latest developments in Cyprus as I’m sure many other traders have been. Over the past year, you have seen FXCM’s director of government affairs Charles Delano and I talk at length about safety of funds after the MF Global and PFG Best situations, and events in Cyprus continue to highlight how important it is. There have been reassurances from brokers about the safety of client funds but a true test would be to request a withdrawal to ensure the bank account holding client funds truly is outside of Cyprus. I hope everything works out in the end for customers to retain their full funds.

The transparency of a broker’s finances, particularly how much excess capital they have on hand, is important to know in events like this to see if they can sustain the type of hit they will take as a result of the bank levy and continue normal business operations. FXCM is a publicly traded company on the NYSE and our financial information is listed on our website. As of September 30, 2012, FXCM had $230 million in our own net cash available.

Hi Jason. Can you tell me why FXCM don't pay interest to their client for the fund that is deposit in the account? FXCM only pay or charge the rollover interest. But the other broker I trade with pay me interest for the funds in my account.

How to Trade with One-Click on Trading Station Charts

Previously, I showed you how to place trades directly from the Trading Station charts. However, you scalpers out there might be wondering how you can enter a trade with single click complete with stops and limits, without having to switch from your charts back to the main Trading Station window. Here's how:

Step 1. To enable one-click trading on your platform, first click on the Trading Settings button from the navigation bar of the Trading Station.

2zswdxv.png

Step 2. A Trading Settings window will display. Select One-Click, update the Stop and Limit distances, and click OK.

5forvc.png

Now each time you click on Buy or Sell in the Advanced Dealing Rates window, a Stop and Limit will be set to go along with your open position.

Step 3. Drag the quote box for the currency pair you want to trade from the Advanced Dealing Rates window to the chart you are watching. You can do this by clicking on the empty gray space in the top middle section of the rate box you would like to move, and drag it to the chart of your choice as shown below.

tradefromchartsmove.png

Please let me know if you have questions about this or any other features of the Trading Station charts.

How to Measure Pip Distance on Trading Station Charts

Having the ability to quickly measure the distance between two points on the chart is a great way to speed up analysis. The Ruler tool on Trading Station charts will allow you to measure in pips or time. One useful way to use this tool is to track how far a currency pair has moved within a certain time frame. As an example, we’'ll measure how far the EUR/USD has dropped since its last high on the chart below.

Step 1: Setup your chart and click on the Ruler tool icon on at the top of the MarketScope 2.0 charts.

2jdkfn4.png

Step 2: Left click on where you would like to begin the measurement and, holding your mouse button, drag the pointer to where you would like to end your measurement.

2vxhd0k.png

TIP: The three numbers on the Tool Tip represent the Price where your pointer is (1.25638), the number of Periods between the beginning and ending points (12) and the number of pips between the two points (773.5)