Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Hi Jason , can you comment on this please : "FXCM only guarantees no debit on balance for small accounts. Any large account comes under a different set of rules" ? What is the limit ? Thanks ...

Hi Jason , can you comment on this please : "FXCM only guarantees no debit on balance for small accounts. Any large account comes under a different set of rules" ? What is the limit ? Thanks ...

Hi Tar,

I've never encountered a situation myself where we did not credit back a debit balance resulting from trading losses, and I've seen debit balances on some larger accounts reach 5 figures on a weekend price gap. It is our strong financials that allow us to offer a No Debit Balance policy to clients in such situations. As of the latest public data from March 31, 2013, FXCM had $193 million in our own net cash.

If you have any questions regarding language in our trading agreements, you can email our Compliance department ([email protected]) for clarification.

Jason

Thanks Jason , BTW the quoted text is from a discussion , i don't know if it is in the agreements ...

Thanks Jason , BTW the quoted text is from a discussion , i don't know if it is in the agreements ...

I did a keyword search of both our FXCM UK and FXCM US trading agreements and was unable to find any such text, but our Compliance department can answer questions you have regarding language in the trading agreements.

CFD holiday trading hours for July

Below are the holiday trading hours for CFDs in July. Forex trading hours are as normal.

rwa.png

All times above are in GMT.

Re: CFD holiday trading hours for July

Below are the holiday trading hours for CFDs in July. Forex trading hours are as normal.

rwa.png

All times above are in GMT.

Just a reminder: this Thursday is the Independence Day holiday in the US. I will be out of the office for the rest of the week, but will respond to any questions you post, when I return on Monday, July 8th.

If you require immediate assistance, you can call FXCM's live customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using one of our international toll-free numbers.

Achtung!

SUI30 will be closed for trading on Thursday, August 1st for Swiss National Day.

eoi3.jpg

All other CFDs and forex will trade as normal.

hey Jason

couple of things ...

1) can someone respond to me on the e-mail I sent a day or so ago.........it was concerning my live account and I needed conformation of something

2) the damndest thing ........I cannot seem to create any new "expert" indicators in my Platform ......I dont think I have changed any of the settings ......my old resident indicators are fine and I can drag them in but I need to update and develop a few oldies to new formulas / settings and conditions

is there something obvious I am missing here ?..........the folder is pretty full these days .....i'm carrying over 200 indicators there based on my customised systems but does that affect thigns as it seems happy to create the new files but when I drag them across they wont load on the charts

sorry but I am baffled here :)

thanks
N

hey Jason

couple of things ...

1) can someone respond to me on the e-mail I sent a day or so ago.........it was concerning my live account and I needed conformation of something

2) the damndest thing ........I cannot seem to create any new "expert" indicators in my Platform ......I dont think I have changed any of the settings ......my old resident indicators are fine and I can drag them in but I need to update and develop a few oldies to new formulas / settings and conditions

is there something obvious I am missing here ?..........the folder is pretty full these days .....i'm carrying over 200 indicators there based on my customised systems but does that affect thigns as it seems happy to create the new files but when I drag them across they wont load on the charts

sorry but I am baffled here :)

thanks
N

Hey N,

I just replied back to your email with confirmation.

Nothing jumps out at my why you can't create new indicators. I know that MetaQuotes no longer supports builds older than 500 as of today which would cause an error if you were using an older version. Not sure if this would be related, but will run your issue by our MT4 team to see if they have an idea.

Jason

that would be appreciated as i genrally run all new indicators on FXCM for consistentcy ..........no sure what you mean re 500 ?

N

that would be appreciated as i genrally run all new indicators on FXCM for consistentcy ..........no sure what you mean re 500 ?

N

In the top menu bar go to Help>About
On the lower left side of the window that pops up you will see a Version and Build number. Build has to be 500 or higher. If not you need to download a newer version.

Should normally update on its own though.

Peter

FYI, the newer builds allow simple 1-click trading and you can adjust limits & stop losses by dragging the lines on the chart.

Peter

N

Our MT4 team saw no reason that would prevent you from adding new indicators to your platform. Did you confirm that you have the latest build by going to the About section as Pete described?

Last edited:
In the top menu bar go to Help>About
On the lower left side of the window that pops up you will see a Version and Build number. Build has to be 500 or higher. If not you need to download a newer version.

Should normally update on its own though.

Peter

Version 4 build 500 9th may 2013

and I have click and trade .........so looks ok

I did crack the reason as well.............I always create new mt4 indicators by just opening a current indicaotr and then resaving/renaming to a new name and then amending the new programme as needed

for some reason the software is not now automatically creating a samename .EX file to support the new Mt4 file ........

it always has ??

so now as long as I MANUALLY create an exe file in the same name it loads in the charts ?

is that right ?

have I turned something off ?

Crazy dudes !!

any help appreciated (y)

N

I did crack the reason as well.............I always create new mt4 indicators by just opening a current indicaotr and then resaving/renaming to a new name and then amending the new programme as needed

for some reason the software is not now automatically creating a samename .EX file to support the new Mt4 file ........

it always has ??

so now as long as I MANUALLY create an exe file in the same name it loads in the charts ?

is that right ?

Crazy dudes !!

any help appreciated (y)

N

Not quite sure I follow you but after after you make changes to your Indicator, save it then click on the COMPILE button. That will create the .ex4 executable file in the same folder.

Peter

it always has ??

is that right ?

Crazy dudes !!

any help appreciated (y)

N

Hi N,

Glad to hear you found a solution to load your indicators. I can't see what setting you could have turned off, however, we are now on build 509 (June 24th 2013). Perhaps an update to the latest version will allow you to load indicators as you did in the past. Otherwise, it may just be something to do with the way Metaquotes has set up their newer builds of MT4.

Jason

ITA40 will be closed for trading on Thursday, August 15th for Assumption Day. All other CFDs and forex will trade as normal.

wwp6.jpg

Titian's Assunta