FX trading week Sept 17 - 21

Lehman Brothers come out with their earning today.....@8:00

Lehman will be the first major investment bank to report third-quarter results, kicking off one of the most closely watched U.S. brokerage earnings season.

Investors will be looking at the extent of the damage from the crisis in the subprime mortgage market and the credit crunch.
Source Routers....
Watch you trades...

Any oil traders here.......
Profit taking /retracement due pretty soon oil above 81...
When to short ...is the question....

I hope none of my fellow traders got burnt that is why I quickly posted the Lehman brothers announcement.....Waith for ppi now

Thanks for the warning. Bailed, taking 20 pips on GBP/USD. Looks like the announcement helped me.

And typically it climbed another 40-50pts. I think my trailing stop is too tight. Should that be 30 pips too? That feels quite wide, because I could be 20 pips in profit and then it reverses to loss...

I lost 25 pips......on eur\yen....no very happy at all....
I am not going to revenge trade will patiently scalp the snake......to make my 25 pips

I am now waiting for the 100 pips I am suppose to make today.....a loss has to be taken on the chin sometimes....

I am now waiting for the 100 pips I am suppose to make today.....a loss has to be taken on the chin sometimes....
Back to trading or waiting for the reaction, agree with you Rav that some trades are lost, on a shorter time frame it is inevitable, unless the SL is made too far away, and the fewer losses are much too big to consider.

Just an aside.

Rav
Do you post on Oanda - I saw the avatar there but it was an animation depicting the baby puffing furiously on its' cigarette?:LOL:

I check in on this thread from time to time and the fact that no-one's even mentioned the FOMC last night / this morning has confirmed my previously held view that it's not a thread that is likely to add much value. How can you guys be trading FX and not be looking at the single most important market event that's happened in the past few weeks. Bizarre.

Good luck trading blind guys

GJ

edit: p.s. apologies if I have missed the point of the thread

Firstly this thread is almost dead...you wanna come on this thread and instead of putting any valuable input...and talk about trading blind...No that is not the case..I created my own thread as I tend to discuss all news events..and I also warn any newbies of news that they are unaware of....I did bring up fomc and several other traders profited from my calls...

This is why traders like my self stop posting on boards....
Any way mr gammer jammer...I wish you the very best in your trading career..
Rav

Rav
Do you post on Oanda - I saw the avatar there but it was an animation depicting the baby puffing furiously on its' cigarette?:LOL:

Hi Neil ,

No That is not me but I downloaded it for my blog from the web somewhere...
Take care
Rav

ive got a lot of time for your posts gj as you see from a slightly different angle than most of us sitting in front of screens on our own. but because fomc wasnt mentioned this morning doesnt mean it hasnt been noted or even profitted from. you also need to realise that most of us primarily are technicians. why would i try to compete with people on a playing field that gives them an enormous advantage over me through analysts, surveys, billions of pounds of study and contacts when i can just pull up a bunch of charts and know exactly what the most informed players in the world know - price was here yeterday its here today etc and if you think fomc was the most important market event of the last few weeks you may not have the eyesite you think you have;)

I am long on EUR/USD...

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 193
I make a point of not reading anything related to currencies as it detracts very much from my interpretation of what i see in the charts. Ok, the odd spike gets in the way but I made a nice little trade on a long nzdusd last night taken purely from chart direction. My long eurjpy taken earlier in the week met its 162 target as well last night so I don't really think that's going in blind. I posted that trade but I find that stating my trades on a forum like this also makes it more difficult for me to admit when I'm wrong , so mostly i just get on with it.

Surely we all look at this in different ways - if we all tyraded the same there would be nobody to take money off.

I am closing My long for 14 pips profit....:cheesy:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 165
I check in on this thread from time to time and the fact that no-one's even mentioned the FOMC last night / this morning has confirmed my previously held view that it's not a thread that is likely to add much value. How can you guys be trading FX and not be looking at the single most important market event that's happened in the past few weeks. Bizarre.

Good luck trading blind guys

GJ

edit: p.s. apologies if I have missed the point of the thread
Hi Gamma Jammer, sorry you felt about the lack of FOMC being mentioned in word, I have simply related to it as news, as it has appeared so obvious to me especially since there was not a single market broadcaster (Bloomberg, Reuters, CNBC) that has not been extensively covering the subject for the last week. Anyway as you would know, being aware of the news release and trading the news are two different subjects. Hope the observation you have made has not created any losses for you.
Best wishes and many good trades,
2be

i love bull flags :D and what i love even more is early entry on bull flags :cheesy:

oh, and what i love even even more is when they reach their target at 163.30

Attachments

• euryen bull flag closes.gif
    euryen bull flag closes.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited: