Fx 2008

looking at the charts for Monday
gbp/yen
looking at the long term chart resistance is at 209.13
we may have a break out up to 214 /215
and on the down side to 202
the main downtrend has come to an end and we are trading sideways

GBP/USD
on the daily chart price has bee trending up and down for a week in a norrow range
and I am waiting for a break out

S & P 500 returned to support at 1399.6
the up trend has failed
to return to the up trend it has a long way to go
its hit the 1420 area twice and turned down
and we have a lower high and lower low
I am looking for a return to 1374.9

Long ol day here... A few pips short of a Sir Francis straight on exit of the long..next wee leg down?

ldsb9.png

well overnite-AM pippage yielded A respectable Francis +39.. See what happens from here, still a bit of venom prodding down but my setups suggests get long. See what happens heading to new york..... hopefull get back 204.90 might be a pinhead forming and off to the races... early days..

ldcontvp1.png

Attachments

• ldcont..PNG
    ldcont..PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Banging its head 205.80... zone ....see if downside happens,, struggled its way up all day..... Exit for a 1 nut straight n change,,

ld3wl3.png

Taken one for the team this AM, booked loss of 88 pips , long 206.54, I'll update a chart in a bit....(wife needs website assist. )

chart

Chart of the turnover, that insert ,apart from the hideous colour,(circled orange)is where I could see the range/spread wacking in, so I could see it coming, but not confirmed hence waiting .

When it wacks in, i note its usual for the market to position, now since they drove the prices higher and not lower off of this increased volatility does that mean there was urgency for perceived value arond 205.80 for today or have they ramped it up and stuck the top in at 207.00 ? I'm midway in so could get spanked again if the latter.

Time will tell, but I roll with it . Good n long at the mo though. And just looking at that failed trade you can see its sloping upwards internally, without any MA's or TL's drawn in...... interesting skirmish . see what happens this avo... hope I dont get chinned again....

ld4kd6.png

Lordy.. How many times has Trichet gotta say "Heightened Alert" ? he's said it like 4/5 times already...... doin my nut in....

Last edited:
Well, cut that long at 207.18, NFP tomorrow, interesting to see how my setup looks heading into that !!!! down about 20/30 pips on the day, maybe coulda sprung into the long earlier around 206.30, but did'nt pan out that way. I'm off to get drunk. :) Hooorahh !!

Well, looks like I be going long into NFP at this stage.

Waiting for an entry at the mo. Notice how those slippery ****ers popped that price up to 208.00 whilst all Uk traders were tucked up in bed dreaming of pips .

Rule number 1 in Pip Club. THERE ARE NO RULES. :LOL:

So waitng for this to bottom, dunno if it will go to 206.90? or what yet, looking at a basic price trend indicator to at least stop falling dunno if 207.20 will be the base, hope not cos i'll be paying higher, cheap as poss I want the lower the better.

Notice Trichet did alright for himself yesterday, he was long eurusd 154.00... talked his own position up, heightened alert,heightened alert,heightened alert...

I'm long euro, i'm long euro, i'm long euro. perks of being a Banker I guess! Hope he gets caned this avo..

Lovely Pinheads

Heres a nice chart showing a lovely pair of Pinheads. I like pinheads. Other points to note from this chart is the lovely shade of green I have dressed the S/R lines with. :cheesy:

pinheadsnf6.png

Thank you very little.

By virtue of only reporting my good news, I might add that Trichet was clearly looking at my buy stop orders when he made his calls, because I've been on the good ship EUR/USD since 1.5499. :cheesy:

Anyone would think I'm a winner if I continue to forget to mention the 100+ pips i lost since my last big winner:!: However, I am still up on the week, up on the month, and up on the last 4 months since I've been live. I've caught 2 or 3 good trends with 100s of pips and been whipped around for 30-50 pip losses a fair bit. Been somewhat bad recently because EUR/USD is ranging more than trending, but I cannot complain at my little lot :) Maybe a chart later when I'm home from w**k.

Excuse me everyone. Is this a PINBAR or a FUBAR ?

Those pinbar guys gotta luv that terminology,surely ?

pandfee6.png

So PINBAR if it pans out. FUBAR if it dont.

Hiawafa ,Rock on..

Thank you very little.:cheesy:

Those pinbar guys gotta luv that terminology,surely ?

pandfee6.png

So PINBAR if it pans out. FUBAR if it dont.

Hiawafa ,Rock on..

Thank you very little.:cheesy:

Oooooooooh! I get the dilemma - tricky! Pin bar at US open - could be an errant order in the market? In which case you may be FUBAR'd!! Although I'm sure your stop-loss strategy will keep you out of the gutter :) That is of course, distinct from your drinking strategy, which I can't comment on :D

By virtue of only reporting my good news, I might add that Trichet was clearly looking at my buy stop orders when he made his calls, because I've been on the good ship EUR/USD since 1.5499. :cheesy:

Anyone would think I'm a winner if I continue to forget to mention the 100+ pips i lost since my last big winner:!: However, I am still up on the week, up on the month, and up on the last 4 months since I've been live. I've caught 2 or 3 good trends with 100s of pips and been whipped around for 30-50 pip losses a fair bit. Been somewhat bad recently because EUR/USD is ranging more than trending, but I cannot complain at my little lot :) Maybe a chart later when I'm home from w**k.

"He who knows neither the enemy nor himself
Will be at risk in every battle.

He who does not know the enemy but knows himself
Will sometimes win and sometimes lose.

He who knows the enemy and himself
Will never in a hundred battles be at risk."

I have taken two short positions in the Yen;

Long 1/2 EURJPY @ 165.70 stop 164.89

Long 1/2 GBPJPY 206.99 stop 205.63.

Avoiding the USD, don't want to take a long position in it ATM. any $$ weakness should upport my long EUR and GBP positions. Will look @ USDCHF if JPY + USD weakness continues.

ASIA down circa 2.6% atm; oil holding up. Bear in mind Bank Holidays in HK and AUD.