Fx 2008

Bl**dy H*ll! It was about time my luck changed - April absolutely tore my account to shreds! EUR/USD seems to be on an up-leg. Still long from 1.5497, and added to at 1.5700 to give me a total of about 320 pips (if you counted each of those two as separate trades) so far....

cue bottom falling out of market - best tighten up those stops before US open, methinks :smart:

Sir Francis we salute you.........

Bl**dy H*ll! It was about time my luck changed - April absolutely tore my account to shreds! EUR/USD seems to be on an up-leg. Still long from 1.5497, and added to at 1.5700 to give me a total of about 320 pips (if you counted each of those two as separate trades) so far....

cue bottom falling out of market - best tighten up those stops before US open, methinks :smart:

Ive been inspired........

Well done that means you are sitting on almost a Sir Francis Double Flush !

Heres how it scores. In a day (24 hour period=1 day)

Run of 200 points off one trade = Sir Francis ,Straight
Run of 200 points off 2 or more trades= Sir Francis ,Flush
Run of 400 points off one trade = Sir Francis Double,straight.
Run of 400 points off 2 or more trades = Sir Francis Double, Flush.

Run of 100 points one trade = Francis, straight :)

Ive a bagged a Francis and heading towards a Sir Francis flush at the mo, but that GBPJPY has been yoyoing like a yang yong..... so dunno if i'llbagged it yet.......

If you score a Sir Francis, let us know, any chart image welcomed......

Lets go.....(y)

Last edited:
ohh P.S. Of course these Results should be the by product of your trading not the goal...... what I mean s dont hold out for the sake of it... etc. just a bit of fun, after the event, thought I better say it in case someone mentions the psyche of it all.........

But I think the Sir Francis badge sounds fit...... lol

Ive been inspired........

Well done that means you are sitting on almost a Sir Francis Double Flush !

Heres how it scores. In a day (24 hour period=1 day)

Run of 200 points off one trade = Sir Francis ,Straight
Run of 200 points off 2 or more trades= Sir Francis ,Flush
Run of 400 points off one trade = Sir Francis Double,straight.
Run of 400 points off 2 or more trades = Sir Francis Double, Flush.

Run of 100 points one trade = Francis, straight :)

Ive a bagged a Francis and heading towards a Sir Francis flush at the mo, but that GBPJPY has been yoyoing like a yang yong..... so dunno if i'llbagged it yet.......

If you score a Sir Francis, let us know, any chart image welcomed......

Lets go.....(y)

It's a nice idea - but I reckon I've blown that already. I got my 1.5497 at around 5 pm on Monday, and we only hit 1.5700 this a.m. so my 200-pip move lasted more than 24 hours. Defo a Francis, and maybe a Sir Francis on some kind of technicality. And it looks like we're faltering at US open, so my second position at 1.5700 may take a pretty large hit before stops are taken out. But maybe we will survive...

Yeah well, as long as one states the time taken to achieve a Sir Francis ,(if it falls outside timewise) then technically it's made the grade I think. It still has great technical merit. Unless Sir Francis hammers the law down........ :)

Well in FX maybe 24 hrs plus next timezone 8 hour session max..... thats a buffer....

Yep, 32 Hours, thats a normal traders "day" :) 24 never enough... sorted..

Yeah well, as long as one states the time taken to achieve a Sir Francis ,(if it falls outside timewise) then technically it's made the grade I think. It still has great technical merit. Unless Sir Francis hammers the law down........ :)

Well in FX maybe 24 hrs plus next timezone 8 hour session max..... thats a buffer....

Yep, 32 Hours, thats a normal traders "day" :) 24 never enough... sorted..

THAT was exactly the type of technicality I was thinking of - gets it in as a Sir.

I blew the double flush!

Market looking heavy, stops tightened and hit - all square at 329 pips for the two trades, and waiting for a nice dip to get back in :)
Don't actually have my account details to hand, but I reckon that has just about made up for my mad April. Trading with the long-term trend doesn't pay well in a countertrending month :eek:

hmm 2 minutes before that oil report yesterday, my broadband dropped. We did have a phone line fault and they fixed it that day but, and still now ,no broadband here, just connected via a 33kbs dial up... lol, still long from 203.05 as of yesterday 8.20 ish am. Just clocked bloomberg and its 205.98, so a sir francis ,francis almost and holding sir francis double flush for this week at the mo, slightly over time wise... but .....

On wifes lappy, BT engineer on site tomorrow afternoon.

Whats everyones back up plan ? to be fair BT have been solid last couple of years, and I think our broadband modems blown..... full speed back tomoz hopefully.......

Well I'm back home now and can check my records. That 266 pip trade is my single biggest win ever.

But this thread is not for cheerleading or bragging.

OK here's the 4hr chart of EUR/USD with the wedge showing. The low at 1.5283 is reasonably close to 1.5200 which represents the 50% fib of the last big upswing from below 1.50. The price broke above the wedge and then retraced back down to around 1.5500 and in we got. Market looks like it's taking a breather now - maybe it will re-attempt 1.600 before the month is up?

Attachments

• 22ndmay.gif
    22ndmay.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 184
Well I'm back home now and can check my records. That 266 pip trade is my single biggest win ever.

But this thread is not for cheerleading or bragging.

OK here's the 4hr chart of EUR/USD with the wedge showing. The low at 1.5283 is reasonably close to 1.5200 which represents the 50% fib of the last big upswing from below 1.50. The price broke above the wedge and then retraced back down to around 1.5500 and in we got. Market looks like it's taking a breather now - maybe it will re-attempt 1.600 before the month is up?

Nice one Gumping.... Ive seen a lot of similar type chart action on GBPJPY last few days on intra day 1 minute t/f...... I was thinking ,damn its like that eur 4 hour pattern and that bust higher after the 1.56 fake south!! :cool: eventenually its followed eurusd suit and busted higher ...... I'll post chart when I get one tomorrow eve or sat, when im back online main pc....

well done on your Sir Francis 1 nut flush.... may you have many more...

These dollar getting a lift / gaining cos of that close cut rate decision ?

Nice one Gumping.... Ive seen a lot of similar type chart action on GBPJPY last few days on intra day 1 minute t/f...... I was thinking ,damn its like that eur 4 hour pattern and that bust higher after the 1.56 fake south!! :cool: eventenually its followed eurusd suit and busted higher ...... I'll post chart when I get one tomorrow eve or sat, when im back online main pc....

well done on your Sir Francis 1 nut flush.... may you have many more...

These dollar getting a lift / gaining cos of that close cut rate decision ?

Many thanks CB!

The dollar obviously did enjoy a bit of a purple patch - but I reckon alot of that could have been ECB intervention - it could almost seem like the ECB started to defend 1.5600 if you look at my last chart. The price was 'punched' down from that point several times, and did congest there after the breakout. Dunno if there's enough juice to go for 1.60 again - but maybe.....
I wonder if people are thinking the 'run away from the dollar' panic was a bit overplayed and that the Euro has topped, or that this is just a retracement in the inexorable march north :confused:

I thought MP had been banned?!

Anyone got a view on EUR/JPY? I am short from 164.10

Looks like you nailed the top!

When did you get 164.10 - my charts say high today 164.05?

Might be going for a retest again of 164

then 164.25

Needs to break down 163.75 PIVOT to feel more confident of longer term short

Good trading

164.10 was a typo... short from 164.01, yesterday 2pm ish, stop @ 164.61.

Can't see your 163.75 level, will move to BE if we break through 163.00

164.10 was a typo... short from 164.01, yesterday 2pm ish, stop @ 164.61.

Can't see your 163.75 level, will move to BE if we break through 163.00

Glad to see all is working out well.
Here's my chart. I'm working on shorter TFs and trades.
Looks like a roller coaster ride.

Attachments

• eurjpy.gif
    eurjpy.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 229
That's a neat little gizzmo on your chart rols...is it a meta download ?...larger price in the box.

cv