FX-2008: w/c Feb-11th

trendie

Legendary member
new week, new pips. Valentines Day this week - will that change your day, or will the following morning be a bit slow?

I am experimenting by feeding my ducks on crack-cocaine.

good trading to y'all.

Fingers crossed for a decent week. Lots o crosses at pivitol points.Pinkies crossed!:)

Fingers crossed for a decent week. Lots o crosses at pivitol points.Pinkies crossed!:)

Quicl screenie as to what im watching this week. It can change in a heartbeat but hey. Lets see how it plays out.:)

Attachments

• current watch.JPG
    current watch.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 303
Quicl screenie as to what im watching this week. It can change in a heartbeat but hey. Lets see how it plays out.:)
For the next 10 days I shall be looking for the weakness of the usd, and the G7 stand relating to the weakness of the uds only reinforces this approach. I am looking for cable to surpass 20000, so a nice 600+ move. 9400 levels might be still tested.
Happy trading to all!
2be:D

Why is it that when ever I try a currency that isn't EUR/USD or GBP/USD, I fail? Great example: today I've banked 40 pips on EUR/USD with another 70 odd still in a trade. USD/CHF, USD/SGD and NZD/USD all in loss. (Testing someone else's system which purportedly works according to responses to a thread I saw the system in... the OzFX one, in case you were wondering.)

Hohum. Not complaining, just bemused. 100+ pips profit on EUR/USD isn't to be sniffed at.

Why is it that when ever I try a currency that isn't EUR/USD or GBP/USD, I fail? Great example: today I've banked 40 pips on EUR/USD with another 70 odd still in a trade. USD/CHF, USD/SGD and NZD/USD all in loss. (Testing someone else's system which purportedly works according to responses to a thread I saw the system in... the OzFX one, in case you were wondering.)

Hohum. Not complaining, just bemused. 100+ pips profit on EUR/USD isn't to be sniffed at.

Out of interest what direction where u playing NZD/USD?

For the next 10 days I shall be looking for the weakness of the usd, and the G7 stand relating to the weakness of the uds only reinforces this approach. I am looking for cable to surpass 20000, so a nice 600+ move. 9400 levels might be still tested.
Happy trading to all!
2be:D
The first part of the move north for the cable has been smoothly accomplished with many good apportunities to take long positions in the agreement with the prevailing direction. Currently waiting for a pssible good pullback (hope into the region of 9520)after reaching fib38.2 earlier today. If so 9520 or any other level indicating this pulback is complete, will present good apportunity to go long for another leg north (200+pps).
Happy trading to all.
2be

Last edited:
Was short. Notice "was".

If its any consolation i was there with you, no fun swimming against the tide is it! still trending up in the hour which ironically is being threatened as i type!:LOL:. Still sitting atm. Waiting for pa.

The first part of the move north for the cable has been smoothly accomplished with many good apportunities to take long positions in the agreement with the prevailing direction. Currently waiting for a pssible good pullback (hope into the region of 9520)after reaching fib38.2 earlier today. If so 9520 or any other level indicating this pulback is complete, will present good apportunity to go long for another leg north (200+pps).
Happy trading to all.
2be

Definately trending up. Viva la slope of hope! :clap:

Last edited:
I'm back to EUR/USD. I just get on with it for some reason. Sure, I have drawdowns, but generally speaking, it's good.

Happy trading to all.
2be
waiting fo another pulback to 9590, 9600region, then long again and another 100+ pps profit
Happy trading
2be

waiting fo another pulback to 9590, 9600region, then long again and another 100+ pps profit
Happy trading
2be
Pullback might be as low as 9500. though the overall direction is north

Last edited:
EUR CAD might be worth a short at these levels. Anemic upside action, top of retracement channel, overall trend down.

gbpusd

Don't see it (or at least I don't notice it very often in realtime) but a good example of regular see-saw divergence at the lower high 9710-14 area off the intraday high at 9721 (point A on screencap) in 5min cable earlier today.

The effective lower high was tested 3 times (circled in yellow) before the sell off below the asian/overnight base at 9668. The third test produced the regular bearish see-saw divergence at point B.

Attachments

• 5min.gif
    5min.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 179