FuturesBetting.com Re-Launching

I can pay 3 pips roundtrip with the better brokers, with FB it's double, so unless I'm paying 50% tax (which of course it will be no where near) I will be ahead, plus I can use my losers to offset my tax bill for the following year, and will not be restricted to living in the UK (which is becoming the dumping ground for the worlds deadbeats).

I don't follow you. Follow on from my example, and assume a conservative 20% tax. The 750 dollars would be on profit of 3750. Divide that by 500 trades gives 7.50 per trade. So in my example, if you earn more than 7.50 average per trade, you're better off with the spread bet.

I don't follow you. Follow on from my example, and assume a conservative 20% tax. The 750 dollars would be on profit of 3750. Divide that by 500 trades gives 7.50 per trade. So in my example, if you earn more than 7.50 average per trade, you're better off with the spread bet.
And if you are on the losing side?:)

Read the spread card.
http://www.futuresbetting.com/pdfs/futuresspreadcard.pdf

From the spread card an example:
These spread charges are an increase on the market spread. So if you bet on the FTSE 100, you will pay 0.5 points to enter and 0.5 points to exit. As the underlying spread is normally 0.5 point, your total spread will be 1.5 points (0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5); However when you exceed the 200 lot equivalent your total spread will decrease to 1 point (0.25 + 0.25 + 0.5).
And these spreads adjust automatically on your platform each month.

Now as listed, they charge 2 POINTS SPREAD for the mini dow, so as i posted earlier (if you use their above example) its 2+2+2 round trip = 6 points, where are you getting 2 ticks from?

Maybe they can post on here and clear this matter up, I noticed they were posting alot as they were relaunching...

Read the spread card.

These spread charges are an increase on the market spread. So if you bet on the FTSE 100, you will pay 0.5 points to enter and 0.5 points to exit. As the underlying spread is normally 0.5 point, your total spread will be 1.5 points (0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5); However when you exceed the 200 lot equivalent your total spread will decrease to 1 point (0.25 + 0.25 + 0.5).

Now as listed, they charge 2 POINTS SPREAD for the mini dow, so as i posted earlier (if you use their above example) its 2+2+2 round trip = 6 points, where are you getting 2 ticks from?

Maybe they can post on here and clear this matter up, I noticed they were posting alot as they were relaunching...

I linked to the spread card in my post (it's the red, underlined text). I've also been a client of theirs for 3+ (?) years. I've spent the last 24 years of my life working on various trading floors.

The 2 points for the mini-dow is almost ceratinly gonna be due to higher fees relative to the contract size that are charged by the exchange.

For Stoxx & Bund (approx twice the contract size) are pro-rata "cheaper", DAX (25Eur per contract) even cheaper still.

Going on to your use of the spread in the underlying instrument . . . why? Everyone pays it unless you want to join the queue (trivially possible with their software).

Wanna go somewhere else? Fine. Just do your homework, get handle on costs/fees incurred at the exchange level and caveat your claims by a "based on trading the pissy smallest contract available" disclaimer before calling these guys "expensive".

Last point, the fees come down substantially after 100 ish(?) round-trips, so that makes the "excess" fee in the region of a couple of hundred EURs/USD's. No offence but if this sort of number is toppy for you then you shouldn't be playing around in the futures markets.

Last edited:
I linked to the spread card in my post (it's the red, underlined text). I've also been a client of theirs for 3+ (?) years. I've spent the last 24 years of my life working on various trading floors.

The 2 points for the mini-dow is almost ceratinly gonna be due to higher fees relative to the contract size that are charged by the exchange.

For Stoxx & Bund (approx twice the contract size) are pro-rata "cheaper", DAX (25Eur per contract) even cheaper still.

Going on to your use of the spread in the underlying instrument . . . why? Everyone pays it unless you want to join the queue (trivially possible with their software).

Wanna go somewhere else? Fine. Just do your homework, get handle on costs/fees incurred at the exchange level and caveat your claims by a "based on trading the pissy smallest contract available" disclaimer before calling these guys "expensive".

Last point, the fees come down substantially after 100 ish(?) round-trips, so that makes the "excess" fee in the region of a couple of hundred EURs/USD's. No offence but if this sort of number is toppy for you then you shouldn't be playing around in the futures markets.

So now you're going to tell me not trade the futures market? You're their customer for 3+ years and don't even know their mini dow spreads? Of course I'm going to quote their first price of 2 points because that's what I will be paying at first, where's the logic in ignoring that fact?
Btw I have been a trader for 7 years, I'm not a starter, don't judge my post amounts by my trading experience. I dont need your advice. I am simply weighing up whether FB are worth while using as a pose to just trading larger Futures brokers and paying tax.
I'm used to normal spot FX and CFDs and paying tax, so far I see no advantage in using this company apart from lining their pockets, I don't need to hide below a tax free status to avoid the authorities and tax, I'm a fulltime trader, as I said, I was just discussing options.

So now you're going to tell me not trade the futures market? You're their customer for 3+ years and don't even know their mini dow spreads? Of course I'm going to quote their first price of 2 points because that's what I will be paying at first, where's the logic in ignoring that fact?
Btw I have been a trader for 7 years, I'm not a starter, don't judge my post amounts by my trading experience. I dont need your advice. I am simply weighing up whether FB are worth while using as a pose to just trading larger Futures brokers and paying tax.
I'm used to normal spot FX and CFDs and paying tax, so far I see no advantage in using this company apart from lining their pockets, I don't need to hide below a tax free status to avoid the authorities and tax, I'm a fulltime trader, as I said, I was just discussing options.

If you do DMA, why do you keep going on about 2 points? Why not talk about actual cost. Has it occured to you that (at the time two to the dollar) half a point on the FTSE is the same amount of money as two points on the mini dow?

Also, "I can pay 3 pips roundtrip with the better brokers, with FB it's double, so unless I'm paying 50% tax" is a really odd thing to say. The percentage extra has nothing to do with what tax rate you'd have to pay - it's all about the amounts of money involved. If your tax bill was 10,000 pounds a year, how does 750 DMA cost and 1500 SB make any difference??

So now you're going to tell me not trade the futures market?
nope, was simply a suggestion
You're their customer for 3+ years and don't even know their mini dow spreads?
Nope, because I'm UK based and trade Stoxx & Bund. Were I to look at american indecies I'd go for the S&P futures (for varous techinical reasons including but not exlusively the way in which the index is calculated)
Btw I have been a trader for 7 years, I'm not a starter, don't judge my post amounts by my trading experience.
I wasn't, I was judging your trading experience from your posts (eg your apparrent inability to understand that red underlined text usually means there's a link)
I am simply weighing up whether FB are worth while using as a pose to just trading larger Futures brokers and paying tax. . . . I'm used to normal spot FX and CFDs and paying tax, so far I see no advantage in using this company apart from lining their pockets . . .
Then ,as an experienced trader you'll also appreciate the importance of DMA Level 2 trading on a rock solid stable platform . . .

I hear that the FB trading platform runs under Citrix? Does that also mean that I can run it under linux if I install the appropriate Citrix client?

Read the spread card.

the spread on mini dow is 5 pips (tic's, points) actual mkt spread 1 tic + 2 in and +2 out
the after 200 lots completed on your account per calendar month...it goes down automatically ..1 mkt spread +1 +1
contract size is the reason...mini dow is $5 a tic movement per 1 lot.
Ftse is £10 per tic movement.

maybe this helps

the spread on mini dow is 5 pips (tic's, points) actual mkt spread 1 tic + 2 in and +2 out
the after 200 lots completed on your account per calendar month...it goes down automatically ..1 mkt spread +1 +1
contract size is the reason...mini dow is $5 a tic movement per 1 lot.
Ftse is £10 per tic movement.

maybe this helps

The biggest help would be if your rate started at 3pt...

Has anyone here got any experience trading currency pairs with futuresbetting?

Do you plan to provide any more currency pairs? If so what is your schedule?
At the moment we offer the top six fx pairs quoted on the CME. (FUTURES BASED)
But we hope to be offering spot fx very soon,all spot cross's and fx pairs will be available as a spread bet, DMA, NO RE QUOTES and INSTANT FILLS)