futures trader to portfolio manager..advice

kagein

70 4
After uni for the past three years i've been trading futures for a prop firm, the learning curve was steep but recently i feel i've stopped learning and would like a different challenge. Theres still a a lot i dont know that i would like to. I have a decent trading record and i was wondering whether or not the skills i learnt here be transferable to a career in portfolio management.

Any advice given would be appreciated

NVP

Legendary member
36,767 1,880
why dont you set up as a trader and sell yourself on Zulutrade or equivalent ?

if your good you will be rewarded
N

kagein

70 4
No i dont want any part of that kind of stuff. I want to learn more than i know now and gain a broader knowledge. I guess that means working for a bigger company with fingers in a lot of pies. Besides im not a system trader and i dont really trade fx.

What i would like to know is if my skills would be transferable to a reputable asset management company and what skills or qualifications are expected or required.

robbert

Established member
575 7
well if you trade futures you can trade fx as well ;) i support the post by NVP...if you are good you will be rewarded only for trading, it is that easy on zulutrade.