Trader Career Paths

mpat89

Hi all, I finished my degree last year with a 2.2, had a plan to spend some time (upto a year) learning to trade FX and see how that went but I deviated from my plan and took up a place at a prop house to trade futures spreads. Unfortunately this ended just over a month ago and now I'm back to learning to trade forex. I am only trading daily time frame and would be happy to make 3% per month risking 2% per trade (expecting <5 trades per month) as once I have the skills required to do this I will be able to focus on a full time career too. But anyway, since I am trading daily time frames and am more in the swing of things now, I would like to get a job related to trading to try and get good experience in the field.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good places to start, if it wasn't for my 2.2 I would have very good academics (straight A's at A-levels), degree in Maths from a top UK uni.

I have an interest in quant trading (the extent of which stretches to researching pairs trading strategies and building scripts using R to determine which pairs had the properties I was looking for) but my highest level of education is BSc Maths so that kind of job would be out of the question from what I have seen, so can anyone else make suggestions to me please? I tried prop house trading and it didn't work out, I don't think the experience helps my CV much either. I would very much like to continue within the field of trading but definitely shying away from any prop house scheme involving no salary and spreads trading.

I hope I show that I have a genuine interest in trading and would really appreciate some advice here.
edit: sorry for duplicate thread title, must have done that without thinking

Well I'd definitely have interest in a masters in finance or financial engineering but i don't believe my undergrad will get me into good enough institutions for the masters (I don't want to follow undergrad at a good institution with postgrad at an OK institution). I guess there's no harm applying though.