Futex vs Schneider

P.S. Regarding the CV concerns, yes, they're right. But that's because they don't understand what we* do... and to the extent they do, although they'd never admit it, they'd wonder why would leave such a world of FREEDOM to work with them as a corporate drone... the only reasons, really, are family (and employers hate family) - or more likely, you're a crap trader... which presumably makes you less likely to be able to do what they do than the man on the street. Bayes' theorem you see :)

*I want to stress I'm not @ Schneider. By "we" I mean arcade/prop traders.

LOL !! :LOL:

I'm concerned about you, Arabian.

I've always been... well it varies from "disgusting" (practical ex) to "other worldly and not as worried as others about niceties" (wonderful grandmother)... what can I say?

Even worse, I had to cancel my cleaning session last week. I've got a 2 bedroom flat and they have to be here for 4 hours to sort it on a normal week so god knows what it'll be tomorrow...

On the plus side I've recently been learning to put things in the bin rather than the floor or other horizontal surfaces. I have almost a 50% success rate with this.

Edit: Interesting point though. I'm embarrassed about my behaviour to the extent I've still not met my cleaner -after over a year... yet not enough to have reformed all that much.

I've always been... well it varies from "disgusting" (practical ex) to "other worldly and not as worried as others about niceties" (wonderful grandmother)... what can I say?

Even worse, I had to cancel my cleaning session last week. I've got a 2 bedroom flat and they have to be here for 4 hours to sort it on a normal week so god knows what it'll be tomorrow...

On the plus side I've recently been learning to put things in the bin rather than the floor or other horizontal surfaces. I have almost a 50% success rate with this.

Edit: Interesting point though. I'm embarrassed about my behaviour to the extent I've still not met my cleaner -after over a year... yet not enough to have reformed all that much.

When I went to London a several months ago, people often referred to a "flat" when conversing. I must admit, at that time, I hadn't the faintest clue as to what they were talking about, only to eventually realize that it's lingo for "apartment".

Perhaps it's common for traders to be throwing things around wherever there isn't a garbage bin:

Case in point 1:

Case in point 2:

I wanted to ask, but they said 'one question only'...
damn

I can't believe you've been accepted and yet have no idea what you're in for lol, and you're surprised at 6am-10pm days??? Why didn't you ask them these questions during the recruitment process?

hmm,
thanks a lot...
still worry though...
so hmm
1) 6 am to 10 pm > that's cool, at least now i'm prepared
2) CV damage...well...I guess the only way is up then

but still two questions
1) no need to sign any contract???
2) no need to pay up the fees???

thanks a lot

damn...

1) of course you'll have to sign a contract
2) fees will come out, then you can withdraw, I presume....

cool,
thanks a lot for replying anyway

the thing I now find strange is that
why at the interview they said about CV damage in a way that
because corporations they prefer graduates without any experience so they can have a white canvas to draw and train, I actually buy it...
why not just say > well guys, if you would like to just use as an experience it will only prove that you are crap in this...

well,
and...sorry, so many questions,
what's cleaning for??????

ah... they were probably talking about traders, whereas your question seemed to be about fund management and other *****... basically it's cause the tick whore style taught to locals is thought to teach bad habits to instiutional traders.

Debatable. A genius like me could trade anywhere, for sure. But I'm an incredible person. You wouldn't believe how clever I am. I went to Cambridge aged seventeen AFTER a gap year.

hmm...
please, as a genius, could you detail and give a bit of example what kind of bad habits...

I am really concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks mate

hahahahaa sorry fred durnst

The basic thing is that being a tick whore, whcih is the standard technique at a prop house, is totally indondusive to any institutional style.... the latter is all about picking a level, posting a bid/offer there, then when filled attempting to take a tick on it.

That's not a good instinct to have for a fund manager.

(Despite the fact I could construct a fund that did that and made 20% a year :LOL:)

thanks a lot genius

as long as now youve addressed this
then I suppose just have to pay attntion to it

one last question, thanks
this programme (Schneider trading programme) you think is good for a graduate whos got no experience in tading, fund managing whatsoever

the only thing I concern the most now is if it will, like you say, damage me (in terms of the skills, habits for becoming a fund manager later on but not in terms of presenting on the CV since I can just not mentioning this experience).

cheers

heavy metal rocks