FTSE100 Swing trades 2011

Me, too, if it is any consolation. Long is countertrend. We both should know better.

I tried this same thing on Friday and failed then, too. It is fatal to try to spot the tops and bottoms.

Im long from 5957, SL 5927 TP1 5997; TP2 6057. The key to this of course is patience!

There is strong support at 5938 and despite the dissapointing NFP number on Friday, I expect the Dow to recover today and give the FTSE some traction (famous last words!)
Lets see how it goes....

Attachments

• ftse 10-1-11.gif
    ftse 10-1-11.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 199
I did go long on Wall Street this morning still in at the moment. I wont be able to check my position till later tonight, hopefully it will recover my losses on the FTSE trade and break even for today, time will tell.

I made a few points on my last trade but not worth the trouble. Net loss on the morning 11 points.

No firm swing signal today.

06/01 formed a pin bar, confirmed by the low close and weak session 07/01, leading me to go short at the close. Though today's close was lower again and breached the stop-loss on the 05/01 2C14X long, the session formed a doji, suggesting indecision about this sudden fall from the high of the 6th. The way buyers keep appearing in the US sessions suggests there's a lot of cash over there looking to buy on any dips, and the S&P closed tonight with a classic hammer. My short stays open but if I was in cash now I'd stay there.

Im long from 5957, SL 5927 TP1 5997; TP2 6057. The key to this of course is patience!

There is strong support at 5938 and despite the dissapointing NFP number on Friday, I expect the Dow to recover today and give the FTSE some traction (famous last words!)
Lets see how it goes....

that's a wonderful picture zuke, if you tilt your head to one side it almost looks like a chart :cheesy:

Lets see how it goes....

Morning all..TP1 hit for +40, taken a third of my size off the table. Stop moved to 5977...will let this run now to revised target of 5047 or my 5977 stop.

High close tonight consolidates price above 14EMA and gives 2C14X buy signal. Also stops out short from 07/01 on previous day's pin bar.

High close tonight consolidates price above 14EMA and gives 2C14X buy signal. Also stops out short from 07/01 on previous day's pin bar.

Ouch one would be in a little bother at this point using this method this morning, however not to say it will not recover.

Potential bullish pin bar pattern Friday, awaiting confirmation but the strong performances by all major US indices does suggest a likely follow-through tomorrow.