FTSE100- June

To-days pivot 4499 Which gives s1=4488, s2=4473, s3=4462

s1 has been broken, s2 very close.

There was also a down gap on opening this morning of 13 points to bear in mind

Regards

bracke

Vodafone performance

For FTSE100 bulls, Vodafone recent performance is not encouraging having broken through the 124p support area.

It accounts for approx 7.8% of the FTSE100.

Note on the weekly chart how the support trendline became the resistance line

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 212
  • chart1.gif
    chart1.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 196
Mully

Don't remind me!! I've been obdurately hanging on to Vodaphone in my investment portfolio since 140 (no, not the last time but the time before that :eek: ) and didn't even have wit to break even when it bumped its head there and retreated. Talk about money tied up to no good purpose, ignoring all the ta signals and trading rules - well, it is my investment portfolio so it doesn't count :rolleyes:

Good trading

Jon

Hi All,

I've just found t2W, I've been trading for many years, mainly in a busy dealing room, but for the past few years I've been stuck out in the middle of no where and am missing other peoples' views, input etc

Ftse Sep seems to be stuck in a sideways channel, with prices currently just off the horizontal support level @4485, but a move up through 4525 would look encouraging. For the moment I'm trading the range, buying 4490's, with stops below 4480's, with a target of 4520+. I'd be interested in any of your views for the short term
TaW

PS how do you include thumbnails in these messages?

Attachments

• ftP&F2.png
    ftP&F2.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Posting attachments is achieved by looking under 'Additional options' as part of the "reply to thread" option.

Use "Manage Attachments" and follow the instructions.

Hi, trade-at-will

Save your chart, gif format seems best. Go to "go advanced" on your reply. Scroll down and open "manage attachments", then "browse" to find your saved chart file and "upload".

good trading

Jon

mully said:
Posting attachments is achieved by looking under 'Additional options' as part of the "reply to thread" option.

Use "Manage Attachments" and follow the instructions.
Thanks for that Mully
TaW

trade-at-will

You are looking for a target of 4520 but from your chart next resistance is 4514. and appears reluctant to cross it.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
trade-at-will

You are looking for a target of 4520 but from your chart next resistance is 4514. and appears reluctant to cross it.

Regards

bracke

Yes, I'm looking for the top line to be rechallenged around 4520, I agree there is intermediate resistance at 4514, but as Mully points out the 1:30 sell-off is underway and that may puncture my circa 4480 stop before we see the rebound.

trade-at-will

Are you trading the ftse September future?

Bearing in mind your thoughts of a rise to 4520 would not the 1.30 drop provide you with a buying opportunity particularly with this mornings gap to fill?

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
trade-at-will

Are you trading the ftse September future?

Bearing in mind your thoughts of a rise to 4520 would not the 1.30 drop provide you with a buying opportunity particularly with this mornings gap to fill?

Regards

bracke
Yes, trading Sep Futures and had already bought before the 1:30 dip with stops around the 80's
rgds

Pivot for tomorrow = 4477

R1= 4494 S1= 4452
R2= 4519 S2= 4435
R3= 4536 S3= 4410

Regards

bracke

Interesting sistuation in FTSE future where RSI seems to be approaching oversold but 4495.5 resistance is holding well and could well turn to support. My next level is 4515 but am currently on sidelines awaiting a clearer trade

It needs some help through 00 at the moment. There's a gap at 11.5 or 06 from 21st depending on what time you end your feed :cheesy:

FTSE250 vs FTSE100

I thought it was time to highlight the difference in performances between the FTSE250 and its bigger brother.

You all know my distrust of the FTSE100 in displaying consistent clear trends.
It is all the problem of a few global titans dominating the index.
This time Vodafone is holding back the index.
(I have nothing against individual stocks doing their own thing.
However when it accounts for nearly 8% of the index, it can materially impact/distort the index.)

Since the FTSE100 bottomed on the 17 May,
it has risen a huge 1.49%
compared to 4.76% for the FTSE250.
Over the same period, Vodafone has fallen 8.60%

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    58.6 KB · Views: 292
once again the darkside route gave warning of a change with highest volumes of the day so far indicating something of a buying climax?

Attachments

• ftsew.gif
    ftsew.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 298
mully

Are you of the mind that if Vodaphone returns to reasonable health and none of the other large globals go sick we could see a 3% rise in the ftse? All things being equal, which they rarely are.

I note that yesterdays opening gap was virtually filled to-day, and that there was a 10 point opening gap this morning.

Regards

bracke