FTSE100- June

looking at the yahoo ftse chart - it printed a massive volume spike earlier

some good volume spikes as you say

http://cchart.finance.ukl.yahoo.com/z?s=^ftse&a=v&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=b&i=uk

There have been 6 or 7 vol spikes today. I should think it's switching forward to U.
I haven't been following it that closely. Check out the U vol.

Tubbs

The spike you refer to is nearly 400 million. I find that hard to beleive.

Can someone post todays chart complete with volume please. ie someone with reliable data..

Regards

bracke

Tubbs

The link provided by Hooya is the Yahoo 5 day chart. If you look at this chart and compare to-days volume with th volume shown on the 1 day chart you will see it is completely different.

The 1 day volume chart is incorrect.

Regards

bracke

Good morning all.
Thursday 9.30 am
Attached chart is 5 min.
Quick round trip...
Has the index put in a lower high?
Ma's have caught up and if the support lows of 4482-5 break they'll be pointing down...
The next scenario is a consolidation that could become a mid point for the next (measured ?) move up....
Today could just end up consolidating yesterdays move before the next leg, up or down commences. Then you can throw in tomorrows option expiration--but I suspect most of that action has already taken place....
Thoughts/ comments ?
Regards,
KJH

Attachments

• Aftse.gif
    Aftse.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 186
Hooya said:
Hate to quote myself but fancied abit of self appreciation.... :cool:

Hope everyone has a good weekend and enjoys tht footy

Hi Hooya,

Similar day I closed my long at 8.33
Waiting to close my short Futures high volume at 9.45

JOE

nice when it happens; it really gives yourself a boost..best thing to do after that is walk away do something else and come back this afternoon.

FTSE futures seem to be struggling to move further north but with rollover activity taking center stage it's a tough call. I'm favouring a short here with a target of 4471 for Sep FtSE, stop at 4530.

Short at 4503 average with stop -27 points and target +32 points.....................why?
Current tight range could hold but if breakout occurs it will be powerful..............

Remember it is Triple Witching in the US to-day-( expiry of index, options etc)

Overnight trading not going to be helpful:

Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average shed 2.1 percent, its biggest slide in a month, to 11,367.62.

South Korea's Kospi index lost 3.2 percent to 736.23.

Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index dropped 2.2 percent to 11,820.74 and the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index slumped for a fifth day.

Splasher ok 503 is different,,still wouldnt have that big a stop but thats a personal choice. BUt at 3:49 when you posted the market was at 490....40 point stop for 20 poinst seemed silly...

Don't forget JUNE FUTURES EXPIRY this morning 10.30.
You should be looking at SEP now ;)

This thread has gone mightly quiet

ftse is holding above yesterdays close of 4493, which surprise. surprise was also the pivot produced by yesterdays figures. Each day this week has produced a higher pivot namely 4449, 4451, 4485, 4493.
Perhaps someone would care to comment on the significance, if there is one.

Regards

bracke

everyones on hooyas advfn pbb thread....only a fiver a month for access to premium bulletin board....

much more lively...