FTSE100- June

mully the brutal

There is no excuse for me I have read the Piper book.
In my defence 'the force' was strong with me and I have the distinct feeling that the market is being manipulated down ready for a bigger rise.

I realise I could get egg all over my face on this one but I have not taken this type of trade for a long time but just felt it was the correct thing to do.

End of self justification and self kidology.

Regards

bracke the amateur

mully

I can feel the whip, am I ever going to live this down.

I get the impression that even if I win, I lose.

Regards

bracke

Remember trading is a business. You are, hopefully, here for the long term.

I am feeling like an alcholic who has relapsed and desperately trying to get back on to the straight and narrow.

It was only one little one !

grovel, grovel

Regards

bracke

oatman

Alright, alright, no need to gloat Iv'e seen the error of my ways

Perhaps if I offer to give some of my ill gotten gains ( if there is any ) to charity, it will purge the wrongdoing.

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa.

Regards

bracke

I have a vision of all the names in red at the bottom of this page pointing at me like a character in a Bateman cartoon with the caption ' The man who traded before the Fed's Decision'

Regards

bracke

Ok I will define my risk for this trade.

For FTSE to be at this level Dow should be at 10300 ( feel free to correct me on this )

Should the Dow drop and the FTSE gap down it should then fill the gap and allow an exit

There again I could be wrong

Well, here I am feeling a bit smug about my position opening yesterday (post 517) but more than a little fed up aswell.

I finished closing the position at around 4490 before vacating my desk today around 12:30! Talk about not having the courage of your convictions - running with profits etc etc.

Just about clawed back last weeks losses though and, overall still bearish - but waiting for the US rates announcement.

oatman said:
Will, can you post a 3x3 Hilo for the same?

Sorry for delay oatman, but here's the 3x3...,
Will

Attachments

• FTUP&F1.png
    FTUP&F1.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 219
Thanks Will, looks a bit tired on that one. Mind you, there's a rally in the morning.

Bracke - your alcholic statement made me smile just now as it has some personal relevance.
For a long time earlier this year I could not stop myself trading breakouts. After a while I developed a silly little mantra along the lines of all the AA ones that are seen in the media. It went like this:

"My name is Quercus and I trade breakouts!"

I used to repeat this ad nauseum, until it had the desired effect! :LOL:
Cheers
Q

What did he do I know there was a bit of banter yesterday but I thought skim split the thread off :?: :?:

Good morning,
Gap filled at 4465 -4472 from the other day-week.
Sorry to ask, who is the one who keeps on mentioning gaps on the FTSE ?
We'll it's filled !

New month, new thread/page I guess --Mully ?
have a good day every one.....
KJH

Last edited: