FTSE100- June

mully

I see that you are currently viewing this thread, you're not lurking are you!

Regards

bracke

JeanM

I understand your reasoning relating to the US.

I have bitten the bullet and gone short on the June ftse at 4459.

If I have got it wrong for today at least I have a couple of weeks for it to come good.

Regards

bracke

JeanM

Have you returned with flower power?

The US markets have opened but so far have had little effect on the ftse. So where do we go from here?

Perhaps the US is waiting for the non-farm payrolls on friday but given the reaction to the improvement last month ( markets down on threat of interest rate increse closer ) who knows what the reaction will be this time.

All alone on a thread, not even a lurker for company.

Regards

bracke

Yes thank you, I am back with the flowers.
Nearly went short Jun futures at 4463 this morning. Probably going to regret I didn't, but I am still not convinced the US is not going up today, and that would give a better entry later.

Jean

JeanM

dow has lost its gains and moved into negative territory but still plenty of time for it to recover.

I suspect that it will need quite a large US market move to get the ftse much higher, resistance is at approx 4470.

Regards

bracke

Well done Bracke you got that one right. Should have gone with my instinct and not been thinking about what plants to buy!!!!!

Jean

JeanM

Not necessarily.

I could close now for a 10 point gain but my target is 4423 which was last nights close which would close this mornings opening gap.

US could rise today and the ftse gap up tomorrow morning, which would leave it with 2 gaps to fill and a tempting down trade.

As usual watch the US.

Regards

bracke

JeanM

ftse dropping fast, if it continue at its current rate it will close the gap today and I will close my trade.

Regards

bracke

oatman

Thank you

I am watching the dow, it is getting very tight between 10200 and 10230. A break either way could be quite large.

Still holding the trade and watching closely.

Regards

bracke

Dow looks lower, but they like to prop things up. I wasn't convinced of last night's US close.
Felt like a bit of window dressing in the last half hour.

ftse closed the gap exactly.

Am watching dow which appears to be attempting a break below 10,200.

Will close the trade today as US may make one of its large upswings in the last 30-60 mins of trading as it tends to do.

Regards

bracke

Done some seasonal analysis - this congestion is exactly right for this time of year - but the market is due for a move - would say there is a severe bias to the upside. I need to investigate this more - but it;s pretty uncanny

Tubbs

"would say there is a severe bias to the upside. I need to investigate this more - but it;s pretty uncanny"

Why is there bias to the upside and why is it uncanny.

Regards

bracke

I have done a comprehensive study on the past movements on the market on every trading day of the year - I get a curve that while not perfect is actually very good at picking a market bias - our current bias is up

Until I can insert an image you'll just have to take my word for it!

Team,

I am stuck down a leafy country bridle path on half-term duties

Ie I am on dial up

Therefore cannot really contribute and only occasional viewing.