FTSE100- June

Tubbs

I have to go out now but remind me tomorrow and i will post how to post a chart/image

mully

A likely story, lucky you. We look forward to your return.

Regards

bracke

Back to the metropolis that is Milton Keynes - oh joy - another roller coaster market ride - at least for me right now it's all theoretical as I'm just studying my plan ot attack after being destroyed beforehand. I would appreciate the image thing at Bracke - I used to know how - maybe they changed it.

Bouna giornata!

Tubbs

To post an image

1 get chart on screen

2 press 'Print Screen' key

3 open paint package - start, programs, accessories, paint

4 when paint program has loaded click edit followed by paste. The chart should now be in the paint screen

5 save image - click file and save as. Save as a gif or ipg

6 get t2w thread on screen click on the 'reply to' button on the post you want to reply to

7 type your reply then find the gif or ipg file that you saved and open it

8 go to manage attachments, browse file and click 'upload '

9 finally click on submit reply

If you can follow that, well done!

If you have any problems with what I have described please come back to me

If anyone reading this has any comments please feel free to make them I will not be offended.

Finally I disavow all knowledge of these instructions and deny all responsibility

Good Luck Tubbs!

Regards

bracke

ftse down 20 points but appears to have stopped at 4400.

Do we see this as a buying opportunity?

Come on all you minimal and non posters this is your opportunity to have your say. If you don't its going to be a very quiet day on this thread and I'm going to get fed up talking to myself

Whilst the mully and big guns are away let the lurkers have their say

Regards

bracke

Hi Guys..just a quick hello. Had to stop posting on 3 sites simulatneously it was doing my head in. :cool: Hope you guys are ok. Still in two minds about this break out.

Here are my two possibilities...one suggest a higher low but the other a lower low? Not much help I kown. Anythoughts :?:

Attachments

• Hooysas.GIF
    Hooysas.GIF
    56.7 KB · Views: 235
  • booble.GIF
    booble.GIF
    49.3 KB · Views: 271
Bracke,
I'll try and keep you company.
I agree with you in that now looks a good time to look for a buying opportunity.
Might have missed it now typing this!!!!!

Iain

Great instructions bracke - thanks. The chart for the year so far is thus - I will also give a comparison to a previous year if anyone is interested.

As you can see for this year it's the correlation isn't amazing - this is what is giving me a bit of a headache - the fact that it's good some of the time - I'll post another year to show what I mean.

bracke said:
ftse down 20 points but appears to have stopped at 4400.

Whilst the mully and big guns are away let the lurkers have their say

Regards

bracke

Go on then ;)

The indicators looked good for an upswing just above 4400.

I don't actually trade at the moment - I am practising with a spreadbet demo account :rolleyes:

I took a position at 4405. My guess is for a struggle up to 4435 by US open.

Apologies if this isn't technical enough, but hey I'm only a beginner! :p

Bracke,
Fell at the first hurdle regarding posting charts.
I hit the Print Screen (F8) but when i go to Paint there is nothing to paste - Any clues ?
I'm still not long - see if there is a pullback first.

Iain

hooya

I note that when ftse got down to 4400 ( a major psychological level ) there was a large volume to drive the price up. The volume has eased with ftse at 4409 but there appears a lot of buying ready to keep it above 4400

Unless the US drops considerably it appears that it is safe for now

Regards

bracke

Bracke,
Panic over - just realised i needed to press the Fn key with F8. I posted without looking properly.
Iain

"hit the Print Screen (F8) but when i go to Paint there is nothing to paste - Any clues "

Press alt -print screen and then go to paint and clicki paste. You wont see anything until you click paste

Tubbs

Thanks for the charts but for us feeble minded ones you are going to have to explain them to us.

I know it's a pain but think of it as charitable work

Regards

bracke

DavidS

Welcome to the thread

As a beginner - I am lttle more than that myself - You have made a great start by finding this site, it can safe you a lot of heartache.

Why do you think 4435 by US open?

Regards

bracke

To explain the second chart first -

It is firstly from first trading day to last trading day of 1995 this is the candlestick part. The purple line is the averaged cumulative % return for that trading day for 20 years. So if there is a top on the purple line it means that over the last 20 years this has shown to be a time when price of FTSE has started to drop. The first post is the same bur with only the first portion of the chart and a small extension in to the next few trading days.

As I said before this is not perfect but I think it can be used as some kind of bias toward trading decisions - I really need some help from others too. I must say I have read almost all the books on trading and I feel that I'm not much closer to a decent trading ability as I was before - I have tried a hell of a lot of things though - so I suppose that can't be bad.

I hope that explanation is good enough - if not I'll elaborate.

Nick - I mean tubbs

iainpw

Have you got yourself sorted with posting charts?

ftse at 4410. As JeanM said yesterday - maybe best to wait for US to open.

Regards

bracke

Here goes my first posting with a chart...........I Hope!!!!!!
Nothing to show really - more of a test.

Iain

Attachments

• FTSE.JPG
    FTSE.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 212
Tubbs/nick

Thanks for the explanation

So is the object of the exercise to look at the ftse each day for a number of years and to construct a table and then a chart to show the number of occasions each day has been an up day or a down day?

If your table/chart shows a significant bias towards up or down do you attempt to find a reason why?
eg first day of the month or end of year.

Regards

bracke