FTSE100 July 2004

Chart ref above post

Attachments

• Target foe t2w.gif
    Target foe t2w.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 177
Nice chart, looks good to me. Sell into strength?
I think I better keep the day job for the timebeing!

Well today was the first day since April 2003 that the entire ftse100 trading range was below its 200 day MA. And you have to go back to the mid/late-nineties to find it crossing downwards after a sustained period trading above (depending on what you define as a sustained period). RSI says increasingly oversold so I guess we'll see a few rally attempts but I'm beginning to think that we've already seen the year's high. A rapid decline to well below 4300 is currently my best guess for the balance of the week.

Can anyone point me at a credible short/medium term bullish case because pretty well everything I read from the US right now is pure doom and gloom. Apart from the obvious vested interests that is.

Looks like we'll be testing the March lows this morning. Everything I've read since my post on Tuesday confirms the view that we are into a seriously major downturn - not to say crash. It would be nice to believe otherwise but I still can't find the evidence for a credibly bullish case.

I hung fire yesterday after another burning with longs - big mistake again. Still I got in with a small short position in the mid 60's during the US min-rally before the downturn to their close. rather wish I'd made it a bit bigger now - just toooo tentative of late!

As others have pointed out the FTSE looks on target to test its March low (4291).
This is close to the level projected by equating the move from the
April peak (4602) to May low (4363) = 239 points.

July move 4535-239=4296

PS: I am off on holiday for the next two weeks with my gang. I promised not to take a computer, so that counts me out. Current temperature there is 87F, quite a difference from windswept London.

So I hope you can all keep the thread alive.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 170
Good Afternoon All

mully

Do you think this mornings low of 4324 is it . ie. within 28 points of your July move shown above, or would you expect it to fully complete the move down to 4296 ?

Regards

bracke

Bracke,

I believe Mully is on holiday hence no reply.

Here is the 30 min chart with 3 peak postive divergence on RSI marking the swing nicely.

I'm flat just now and will be sitting on the sideline to see whether this is the real bottom or not?

If so, i'll be looking for an intraday retest or a higher low to confirm before even contemplating going long.

Fin

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    237.9 KB · Views: 181
Fin.
I am doing the same as you because I still have the target of 4298 in mind.I am flat and waiting at the moment,have tried to go long recently only to fail.

Can somebody who has sharescope do me a favour and post a OHL chart of the FTSE with volumes??

Finirama

Thank you for your reply to my question. Now another one.

How low does the ftse have to go before it is considered a retest ?

As mully is on holiday, I ,and I am sure others, would deem it a favour if you would take the lead on this thread whilst he is away. Your observations and views would be much appreciated especially by us less experienced ones.

jonnyy40

Two pieces of news to-day

GB Trade Balance for May and US Wholesale Inventories.

Regards

bracke