FTSE Trading 600+ points per months (63 trades - 63 wins)

I am not looking for a free ride just a bit of direction.

if it's a system you want, and you think you have the discipline to follow one, then you could do worse than take a look at Captain Currency's 3 Ducks system.
use the T2W search function

LOL. Bearing that in mind, if you bought the Nasdaq in 1999 at £1 a point I don't think you would EVER make profit if you lived to be 100 years old.

An excellent point. I often refer to those who bought the DOW in October 1929 and had to wait 30 years for price to come back at their entry point. Unless you have a mental stop somehow, you are turning yourself over to the market completely. It's basically failure to accept responsibility.

so we shouldnt have any stops when trading ?

yes this sounds like a great idea for new traders, lets get them into some really great habits shall we

1) no stops, thats just stupid

2) holding on to a position till it comes back their way, again stupid

this is a system based on hope, and is utter ****e, 63 wins on 63 trades, christ you could be soros, tudor jones and nick leeson all rolled into one

Missing persons

Where is Vonkhanage?

This guy doesn't use any stops.

Is he on the traders scrapheap with (all) others that dont use stops?

Where's the guide to trading this way he promised in 2 weeks time? (nearly 4 weeks ago)

He didn't answer how long he'd been trading but I guess it's not very long.(8 weeks by his first posting).

Hasn't been on here since 21st May 08.

Any answers would be appreciated before I conclude the result by default.

Since the current word on the streets is that stops are out I thought I'd bring this thread to the attention of some that may not have seen it and some others that may have forgotten it.

lol lol lol lol lol .... ahhh yet another load of old rubbish.... hilarious.... I reckon I might come up with a system where you stick these guys todgers on the desk and hit it with a hammer every time they suggest this kind if stupidness ...

I really need to get into this SB business... now wonder they are popping up everywhere..

HaHa, every time that I see someone boasting about their system that has 100% winners, I always ask myself is this is yet another system that trades without stops and hopes that whatever they are trading goes on to make a new high. Every single time the answer is yes.

For example, there are several going around at the moment for the EURUSD. They generate "signals" (some technically driven, some fundamentally) then you hold it until you have a small profit and voila, you have a 100% record!! But if you think about it, you would get exactly the same results using random entries, so long as it went on to make a new high

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT DOESNT MAKE A NEW HIGH????
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TIE UP ALL YOUR MARGIN ON A LOSING TRADE????
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE NASDAQ CRASHES???

Where is Vonkhanage?

It's a shame he's not around as I've only just seen this thread. I would want to ask what's his average MFE and his average MAE for all those trades. I don't want to speculate just yet, but it's quite possible that his MAE is massive with no stops and you can only afford to trade this way with unlimited funds or low bet sizes (10p as he is doing).

It's a shame he's not around as I've only just seen this thread. I would want to ask what's his average MFE and his average MAE for all those trades. I don't want to speculate just yet, but it's quite possible that his MAE is massive with no stops and you can only afford to trade this way with unlimited funds or low bet sizes (10p as he is doing).

My post #35 on page 4 highlights some interesting points.

He started to trade 50p, 5x his orgianl stake due the fact the 8 weeks had past on his newbie account, Finspreads allow trades as low as 10p for 8 weeks then it's 50p for internet bets.

Also note by his screenshots that his money in, ie £1k would've been spent on Initial margin requirement and left none whatsoever for variation margin and that was only for the small amount of ftse trades he placed AFTER the event.

His MAE would have been to the tune of many hundreds of points, this can be speculated only but viewing his screenshots and time of trades it's almost certain he would have carried them till they turned around, at least this is what he states. As for his true MAE I would be shocked to the core to know I'm sure.

His MFE, not a lot, again this can be seen but of course only speculative by the way he trades, it clearly shows he looks out for (ave 15 odd pts) a small set of points then cashes them in, the risk to reward is horrendous and if I were to put a figure on it it would be around -15R. His retracement value seems not to be alot.

Hi Lee

Yes, it's as I suspected. It reminds me of a system I once saw boasting 99% winning trades and 'no stops'. All it did was run losers, waiting for them to edge back onside, and cut winners short - brilliant!!! I dread to to think how may punters lost their money.

leave your stops at the door... and come in .... sweet !!! I dont think any of these people really understand anything about simple MAths... let alone anything else... i give up > dreamers

That is exactly what I would like to do.

hi there guys,
i am currently in the middle of trying to put together a sort of "road map" for beginner traders.
most of the posts i see on here carry an underlying doubt as to whether it is possible to make money from trading. what i have is not a "holy grail system" it is simply a trading style and money management blueprint whereby someone who is very new to trading can start with very little capital (£250-£500) and consistently make money and build over time up to a point where they can choose to take a small regular income for their trading or compound their profits and trade on a much, much larger scale.

i am just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest. if there is i will compile it into a book for circulation.

the main reason for doing this is that there are no "hand holding" Guides out there. this is simply a method of start with very very small stakes and growing consistently.

please let me know if this is for you.

I would b very interested in such a guide.

I would b very interested in such a guide.

oh dear me ol mucker.

Your keen to lose money then.

Theres one born every minute. Have you not read the rest of this thread.

Obviously not. Have a read then see if you still want the guide. If you do then let me know and I'll tell you how to trade this way.

It's always fun to read these kind of threads.. thanks to the magic trick that every one gets to enjoy after some replies. The original poster usually goes up in smoke after his wondrous story, ending with.. "Sim Sala Bim".. *POOF* .. he's gone!

Here's a tip for the new "gung-ho" traders.. or any other that seriously thinks he can make you profit!

Step 1
Would you like to own a Chicken that 's capable of producing eggs of pure golden?
No! (repeat step 1)
Yes! (go to next step)​

Step 2
Do you really think such a Chicken really exists?
Yes! (repeat step 2)
No! (Finally.. enlightenment)​

obviously trading can be a risky game. but i beleive newbies (such as myself :)) need to start somewhere.

i do realise this guide would be a bit missleading but then what would you traders suggest that a beginer does? place thousands on the market with no previous experience?

Well , the star of the show has to make a reappearance. He said a fortnight to get his act together. I'm always interested in new ideas but I wish he had started within the first few posts.

Davidkp.

Don't do that, even if you like this thread. Just go ahead with a few hundreds to start and trade with Fins for 50p per point for a while.

Split

obviously trading can be a risky game. but i beleive newbies (such as myself :)) need to start somewhere.

i do realise this guide would be a bit missleading but then what would you traders suggest that a beginer does? place thousands on the market with no previous experience?

Starting somewhere is obvious, starting to trade without prior knowledge is idiotic and gambling.

Expecting to learn anything from this so called strategy will only teach you bad habits and one example on how to fail (and theres many). True that a failure brings you closer to success but this is one failure you can learn without losing your balance. Trading this way as described throughout the thread will blow your account without any doubt.

Then you'll wish you started with a book which costs less than £20.

It never fails to amaze me that when credible traders dismiss this way of trading, newbies still persist in the hope that the dream could be real. A dream is all it is.