FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

HVN = High Volume Node...right....so if I understand in my simple terms...its going to be a bit slow in eating up the volume before it follows the trend i.e. downtrend....apologies for anything which I may have misinterpreted :)

Pretty much, professional traders won't buy it here, not at a HVN, they are searching for value, only retail are buying here = the guy at home or in an office somewhere :)

I have a value area at 10,725/50, but before that there is a low volume area located below 10,882 and then a weak PBOC at 10,810 to chew through.

HVN = High Volume Node...right....so if I understand in my simple terms...its going to be a bit slow in eating up the volume before it follows the trend i.e. downtrend....apologies for anything which I may have misinterpreted :)

Pretty much, professional traders won't buy it here, not at a HVN, they are searching for value, only retail are buying here = the guy at home or in an office somewhere :)

I have a value area at 10,725/50, but before that there is a low volume area located below 10,882 and then a weak PBOC at 10,810 to chew through.

Suspicion is that it continues to consolidate until an hours or 2 before Yellen tonight and then makes a break and finds value going into Friday's job numbers.

Just a though and not for sure though.

well said, when you say value area that means to buy or sell at that time. Also from what I can understand you are saying we are going to hit those limits (10882 & 810) at some point....

well said, when you say value area that means to buy or sell at that time. Also from what I can understand you are saying we are going to hit those limits (10882 & 810) at some point....

definitely will hit those levels for sure!

You see the rally from 10,725 on 2nd November left a LOT of traders behind, not every one got filled on limits or market orders, the move happened to fast to soon to allow traders entry hence the consolidation at the highs and refusal to go higher on false breakouts.

That move on the 2nd Nov was mostly algo driven, not organised buying from desks. Hence they're seeking value before the overall up-trend can continue and take out the stubborn highs.

Your best bet is to stay short and sell any rallies and false breakouts until value.

Forgot to say, as part of that, you sell into Yellen rally. Deffo no buying Yellen, any rally induced by Yellen tonight will be faded down = trapped buyers,

Have a butchers, many people use STOXX as a leading market for DAX, but SMI is far superior as a leading market movements.

10am low broken while DAX still above its 10am high = expect DAX to follow SMI's lead!

Attachments

• 2015-11-04_14-17-47.png
    2015-11-04_14-17-47.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 81
Starting to scale out of shorts now.

Just leaving some risk free small runners, but the meat of my positions is off the table at 10,860's

Attachments

• dax.png
    dax.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 118
My thoughts, same as yesterday and this morning with a little update if anyone interested.

Please see comment 2) on the chart from the quote above. "Price bounced above 10,882 support without testing it, normally an indication of building distribution preparing for a strong break".

Always a play to lookout for when price bounces near a BIG level without touching it!

Seems to me there are one or two on here whose egos are too big. I am sure we all have something to add or learn, so it would be good if we all tried to get along.

if there is someone who you dislike or do not aree with then I suggest you use the ignore button
and dont ruin the thread for the rest of us. PLEASE