FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

dow today
in minor support now
2v2xtm8.gif

needs to stay above 18200

there isa reasonable area of supp from the chart..not very well defined at the 11640 area
premarket trades were based on that
the latest breakout column looks way overbought

breakout point this morning was 11556 area..remember,we had that marked earlier in the week
support should start to come in at 11520 area from this chart which is just the last 24 hours

dqlwue.gif

back into that breakout point at 11556 area we talked about earlier
then a bounce

all predictable so far

Is anybody trading this 10 point here 20 point there chop ??

The only moves I can see so far is approx 8.42am & 9.07am (on 1 min) but even then it was a grind !

I do not trust this pa one little bit atm

Is anybody trading this 10 point here 20 point there chop ??

The only moves I can see so far is approx 8.42am & 9.07am (on 1 min) but even then it was a grind !

I do not trust this pa one little bit atm

While there does seem to be an upper and lower limit to this tight range you could conceivably scalp from, but it's not a range I like playing.

While there does seem to be an upper and lower limit to this tight range you could conceivably scalp from, but it's not a range I like playing.

Nor me mate, not worth the risk playing very tight range (for me), knowing the dax can & will take 20 points off me in an instant certainly means staying away from tight choppy range.

A zoomed out 1 hour chart shows a wedge forming, you can see it on the 5 min also, so maybe a coil & blow out coming

A main focus of mine is avoiding the carrot, the 10.28am felt false, a nasty little carrot to suck in bulls, sometimes I am quick enough to spot & capitalize, missed that one though.

Too many times in the past I've entered on these "breaks" & wallop, my dinner money has been taken & I've been wedgied-pant pulled & left hanging on the school gate

They do it all day long, every day, even if it's the right direction, just wrong time.

A main focus of mine is avoiding the carrot, the 10.28am felt false, a nasty little carrot to suck in bulls, sometimes I am quick enough to spot & capitalize, missed that one though.

Too many times in the past I've entered on these "breaks" & wallop, my dinner money has been taken & I've been wedgied-pant pulled & left hanging on the school gate

They do it all day long, every day, even if it's the right direction, just wrong time.

Love the analogy TokyoJoe ! Very true. I'm always suspicious if I see a set-up like that because the institutions are looking at it too and know that its easy to sucker in the masses with a move that looks good.

So how do you both personally tell when it's a legit move to place a trade on? That's something I have trouble differentiating.