FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Love the darkside :)

Here are the new PP levels to aim for tomorrow.

Holding steady above 11277 PP.

Greek stock market opening 22% down went reasonably well. Grexit issue kicked down the road for 5/6 months but France and Italy in the queue.

France is going to be the next big stink imo. Not Italy. Watch the CAC or should I say short the pants off that one too. (n)

I do believe Germans are preparing plan-B for next year and how to keep the Euro all for them selves with the select chosen few. Some say it will not happen and tis all just a conspiracy... May long live the Euro, ya!

As per chart - I can't foresee what can take this market higher to HHs above 11800s... BUT I can see 11000s tested sooner or later and we can see the GANN lines acting as R/S in gradual falls.

Attachments

• DAX_D_150804_sod.GIF
    DAX_D_150804_sod.GIF
    46.7 KB · Views: 123
SPX - Daily Chart - PP Levels...

Yesterday was a great day and we tested the full PP - to - S3 range 2086...

I think for tomorrow we'll just move along sideways along PP 2096. I feel we'll close below it and expect the bulls to try and take it above but fail. Zeros always significant. Be good to see 2062.

Wouldn't be surprised if we close tomorrow around 2084 similar to todays moves...

What ever happens will be shorting the rises if any... (n)

Attachments

• SPX_D_150804_sod.GIF
    SPX_D_150804_sod.GIF
    44.5 KB · Views: 133
Other stuff...

I'm having problems trying to justify how the FED can raise rates during a deflationary cycle. Oil @ $45 and PMI's coming in mixed with poor jobs. Debt all around.

Market's all skewed up. Literally. Equities over valued. Nothing makes sense.

Chinese Government going on a witch hunt when they are the guilty party. Do they think markets only one way bet?

The world is so badly effed up nothing makes sense these days. One has to laff out loud... :LOL:

Some say it's by design but who's to know for sure... ;)

225px-Capital_Gate.jpg

Spx started a new minor downtrend on Friday lunchtime

QUOTE=Atilla;2599476]SPX - Daily Chart - PP Levels...

Yesterday was a great day and we tested the full PP - to - S3 range 2086...

I think for tomorrow we'll just move along sideways along PP 2096. I feel we'll close below it and expect the bulls to try and take it above but fail. Zeros always significant. Be good to see 2062.

Wouldn't be surprised if we close tomorrow around 2084 similar to todays moves...

What ever happens will be shorting the rises if any... (n)[/QUOTE]

5 minute dax
shows the uptrend from Friday lunchtime
these intense trends cannot be maintained for long periods

ou7bcx.gif

trend supp at 11400 area
horizontal supp at 11368 -11378 area..prev breakout point on 5 min
otherwise 11354 area
11430 and 11460 res]

we either break higher or bull test

Last edited:
these intense trends cannot be maintained for long periods

For sure not but I had a near death experience yesterday with Dax lol, got out onside but the money was not worth the years of my life. Seriously though, it is the one index that has legs at the moment and maybe can keep it up a bit more.

I am not a big technician just take each day at a time and note levels from recent past.

11378...our area working very well this morning
with our slightly negative bias
11430 res as we said earlier
chart posted at 7.28 am
good scalping from those levels

Selamat pagi - (Indonesian) :)

DAX - Daily Chart - PP levels...

Have 11369 as PPo today. Numbers seem to have changed from the early hours of this morning. It's in line with Dentist's 11378 give or take a fist full of pips... (y)

May try for 11492 or (11500) nice round number with zeros. Asia a little down but Shanghai was up overnight. China 3% rise may help US open and help DAX??? One to watch.

Attachments

• DAX_D_150804_0846.GIF
    DAX_D_150804_0846.GIF
    48.5 KB · Views: 127
SPX - Daily Chart - PP Levels...

Same ol, same ol. Can't see much change but sideways move with narrowing ATR.

PP is 2096 and I'd have that as battle for the 2100s. Agree 2086 after yesterday will become support area. This is PP-S1 @ 2084 on the chart.

2106 is the the upside R followed by 2118.

:)

Attachments

• SPX_D_150804_0856.GIF
    SPX_D_150804_0856.GIF
    48 KB · Views: 124
Attilla
your pivot points
how do you trade when price is midway between them ??
how long do they last for..1 day/1 hour ??

Attilla
your pivot points
how do you trade when price is midway between them ??
how long do they last for..1 day/1 hour ??

Depends on;

- direction trend bias
- short TF indicators like; RSI, MACD, SStochastics and Momentum etc like to see these in OverBought/OverSold OBOS areas 70/30.

- because RSI is around 60 on attached chart I think DAX will still try and take out 11492. When it gets there with RSI around 70 or above then to me that's a sweet spot for a short.

- most trades are intra-day scalps but do hold some for days/weeks

If PP level coincides with an RSI OBOS on short TFs with my trend bias then it's a good probability short

Also use a lot of TSL or limit orders at extended R2/R3 or S2/S3 levels.

Attachments

• DAX_15m_150804_0959.GIF
    DAX_15m_150804_0959.GIF
    39.6 KB · Views: 82