FTSE 100 January

all they seemed to hear last night was the omission of the word considerable.; wouldn't it be funny if the minutes from the US
later today said"however we do not expect a rate rise in the immediate future" :)

The minutes released today will refer to the December meeting, not the January meeting.

Hooya:

My humble take on the FOMC wording is that Sir is just preparing the markets for a future interest rate hike (as he has always done in the past). However, futures markets still suggest September 2004 for the first rate increase.

Of course, the actual decision will depend on future economic data releases. But, whereas strong data in the past, was taken as good news, in future it risks sparking concerns over potential rate increases.

The concern for interest rate watchers is that the US economy is growing well in excess of the current 1% interest rate. Either, rates have to go up or growth has to slow. Odds suggest a combination of both. This is not the end of the current cyclical bull market, but the first indication of the potential beginning of its end.

PS: markets couldn't care less about my views and will do what ever they have to do.
Just an attempt to stimulate a discussion.

Bonsai

Rather like the market itself.
Feels like it wants to get Wall Street's seal of approval for its next move.

Thanks Mully, did just hear a few people on Bloomberg expecting a possible rise in June as the US is expected to grow at 4% etc. But I guess they will be watching the GDP over the next few months to get a better indication of growth

well, to summarise what I see ?
corrective action (implying more downside)
a/d is negative but rising although not the -90 it was early on.
1 day is falling (obviously)
macd is now rising from what I call "impossibly oversold" i.e has become almost useless.
RSI has not yet bottomed.

so, yes, the big wait is here.

early lunch I think

I like that..... impossibly oversold....:)

last time my macd was this low it turned and started to rise whereas the market moved sideways and then down some more (20 points of so) will History repeat itself?

wish I'd shown the same mastery of inactivity. 2 entries and 2 losing exits. one of those days.

BTW, the Dow & SnP both did precise 23% retracements to the late Nov lows yesterday. IMO, this increase the probablility that's it's a wave 4.

hi, justgot back
nothing's changed
except Greg Dyke has resigned

think I'll go away again
lol

at least the sun has come out

Bonsai and Hooya,

Any thoughts /comments?

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 287
very similar to my FTSE 100 count Mully but as you probably know
Im not usually right:) and the move off the highs could be one big A??

Last edited:
if I was doing the count, i would be tempted to have to count
the move which I have marked in red.

The has the consequence of meaning that all subsequent waves belong to that start and should also be in red.

so even if we complete your fifth, it might only be black 3 ?

alternatively, you should move your 2 to where I have put mine.

but I do think your 2 looks OK.

in any event see my trend line from 2 to 4.
if we break above that then the down wave will have finished.
that's the theory anyway.

waves are bounded by 2/4 trend.

which is why I prefer my count as that trend line looks wrong.
the support found to create ii looks too strong.

Attachments

• 250.gif
    250.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 235
but have you thought of counting it this way ?

Attachments

• 250.gif
    250.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 259
Thats not as bearish is it ??? :-(

Here's my summary chart for today chart...got messy after lunch
so no positions for me but actually looks like a bounce is on the cards on my other charts so a drop and pop would we good at the open tomorrow. BTW Bonsai I went with the trend, albeit a bit late this morning but it made it all the better felt like another breathrough in the Hooya devlopment:)

Attachments

• sdsd.gif
    sdsd.gif
    58.3 KB · Views: 248
Just goes to show how vague EWcan be in real time, but perfectly obvious in hindsight.

However, your second count and my original both call for a meaningful rally/start new impulse fairly soon.

unless it extends.
in your case it would be an extended 5th.
they can often take a wedge shape !

so this potential 5 wave count could be just A:)

Last edited: